• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

nOoblet16

It's an evening. Maybe in a month it'll be a couple hour thing. But this raid is huge. Hopefully no one says otherwise right now. Ill have to call massive bullshit.

Second, that's correct on the gunsmith exotics.

The raid has 9 different sections, VoG had 8...it's big but not enough to say it won't be possible to do it in a handful of hours soon. People are already getting to the Golgoroth in 40 mins or so and that's half of the raid. I think by next week or so people will be finishing it in under 2 hours easily. People who played the raid by figuring out the mechanics especially will have no trouble repeating it and doing it with great execution.

The reason for that being they learned the strategy by trial and error and hence they know what could go wrong and as such would avoid it, compared to someone who was told what to do.

BraXzy

Court of Oryx.

People will come over if they are in the instance and you set off a level 1 on your own, which is easy to solo. Before you know it you have a gang and you're playing higher level rounds and the blues are dropping fast and furious. Good infuse fodder

Been doing Court of Oryx runs on and off all day, I consistently get light level 260 stuff even though I'm at 295. I just want to feel like in slowly progressing, but I think I've hit a wall for now. How do you get the exotic class item quest?

What Durden said. Also run the heroic strike playlist. Don't go to orbit and it starts raining engrams.

Yeah I might boot that up again. It's usually best to run the lvl 36 right? Since it drops a fair amount and is much quicker.

Look to your friends list, yo.

I should but I'm lazy. That said do you or any other kind souls want to help me get a few wins?

haha it just feels like they're always on your team. it's highly frustrating when you're trying to get something done.

Yeah if I wasn't doing a quest I'd be only mildly frustrated, but when I'm trying to get stuff done and you're on my team getting one assist the entire match is not acceptable.

nOoblet16

Folks are already killing golgoroth with just one guy on gaze duty. They let gaze run out and clear adds - rinse repeat dps. This puts you closer to enrage timer but it can be done with just one person up top. Works in normal mode but doubtful it would work in hard mode.

Yea risky business since once you lose gaze he could be looking anywhere..and don't really wanna deal with more ads than I should. Plus, why would you not have to gaze traders ? See now reason for people to do that.

But it doesn't matter if they are doing such things, it'll just be a more complex involvement than something like Oryx which will almost become mechanical in nature over time that you don't even think about.

REINEGAO

Neo Member
Reinegao look up Bad to the Xbone and Voidfang Investments LLC clans on XBL - those guys are on a lot but not always on GAF. Most of Destiny GAF is PSN.

(nice work there on the request, though - sadly there just aren't quite as many..) :(

Check the first page of the thread I believe there is a list of Xboners. They are all really cool peeps.

Thanks pal, I'll try to contact them :)
Also, I managed to go NF through LFG kkkk

Been doing Court of Oryx runs on and off all day, I consistently get light level 260 stuff even though I'm at 295. I just want to feel like in slowly progressing, but I think I've hit a wall for now. How do you get the exotic class item quest?

Yeah I might boot that up again. It's usually best to run the lvl 36 right? Since it drops a fair amount and is much quicker.

I do the highest one. Not too bad at 290+ since most people are getting used to it. I think the rewards are supposed to be better., but I haven't done the lower ones to compare.

Lazslo

I have been playing about 1- 2 hours a night- Taking it slow and really enjoying the Loot system again. Going from Green to Blue to Purple's (back to blue) then having to infuse them is really fun again. I understand the people who just race to the Exotics but since I know the Loot journey ends soon -I'm just pacing myself while climbing the loot ladder and playing with all sorts of fun guns. Im currently 178 and can't wait to do the Raid soon- TTK lives up and surpasses the Hype.

X-Frame

So as I wait for arms day when my exotic sword arrives..I wonder if having it turn exotic is actually going to make it less useful. I might regret doing it at all.

Having to remove an exotic to allow the sword would suck.

Considering making a sword on another character is an option I suppose, and not upgrading ti to exotic. What does GAF think?

Which element is your sword?

Once it's upgraded to an exotic, each element has it's own signature "super" ability of sorts.

From the Court of Oryx livestream, the solar exotic one (Raze-Lighter) gets a heavy uppercut called Phoenix Uppercut that seems to do insane single-target damage.

The Void one (Dark-Drinker) gets a special attack called "Supermassive Vortex" that unleashes a spiral of void energy in all directions, probably better for crowd control.

The Arc one (Bolt-Caster) gets "Sword of Thunder" which shoots a beam of Arc Light from the sword to create a lingering electrical storm.

I'm sure by Wednesday we'll see all 3 of them in action (I will be getting the Void one).

someday

Banned
Nightfall gave me year 2 4th Horseman (never got this before) and my beloved Helm of St 14! I'm so happy to have that again even though I don't see myself running Defender unless in a raid or something. Also, hammers are fucking amazing in crucible! Gawd I love it.

traveler

Not Wario
Thanks liam, nooblet, ray, drizzay, aphro, sushi, fourbin, pity and all for all the work this weekend! Glad we got the full thing down. Now, for Malice....

neoism

fuckkkkk yessssssssss fuck you shaxx and your long asss quest...

got meh level 27 RL
ghally 2.0

Kreygasm

the last part thankfully only took 6 games because i found an awesome player and another..

its a real shame but crucible goes to just fucking fun levels with a team and communication..

fuck yo weeklies shaxx never aggain... this really should be account wide and not just on character.. o well..

sooo happy..

btkadams

I only have 249 light, so those vanguard heroic strikes are a bit over my head. Should I struggle through them anyway? I want to get better gear and it seems like I need legendary marks from vanguard heroic strikes to buy them. Am I wrong?

X-Frame

Arc decision redeemed.

Was bummed at first because the other elements looked so much better

You can actually see all of the exotic sword abilities in action in the Court of Oryx livestream. Urk had the Bolt-Caster and the other Bungie dev had the Dark-Drinker one.

They all look awesome, and I can't wait to get all 3.

I just also hope that they don't sacrifice our Legendary swords when the quest finishes, but instead gives it to us as a separate weapon.

Top Bottom