• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Strider

I just also hope that they don't sacrifice our Legendary swords when the quest finishes, but instead gives it to us as a separate weapon.

Yea I was actually thinking about this a bit ago.

Swords can be so useful in certain situations but the sword taking up the exotic slot... idk if I'd ever want that.

ERMint13

Which vendor guns do people seem to be enjoying? I have close to 200 marks and alot of armor plus a 280 ghost so now is the time for a gun.

phen0m24

Alright phenom, here's something to watch instead of football

http://www.twitch.tv/twilightgap

streaming our Oryx run.

WATCHING!!

i7g7H16.gif

Vee_One

Anyone in Australia playing on Xbox One? Please add me, looking for some buddies to play with. Just started up again and currently working through expansion 1 & 2. GT veeoneuhh

void666

Banned
Are you a hunter? Do you have a stillpiercer? You can hide in the doorway that you spawned in. Kill the adds, shadowshot on oryx, snipe him in the head 4 times. It's quite easy this way.

Titan

I did it. Only 13 deaths :p

You have to manage adds, dps the boss. Rinse repeat. But there's so much going on it's overwhelming.

someday

Banned
Infusing exotic weapons/armor requires exotic shards.
Thanks, that makes sense. How high can they go? Mine are already at 290. Infusing doesn't seem to offer that much more unless light levels go higher than I've witnessed.

But then I don't really know the difference in say 290 vs 295.

ocean

Banned
My 20th Anniversary PS4 controller has been in my mailbox since Friday and I didn't know.

I can now sprint without hiccups.

I will rule this game now, feels so good.

maomaoIYP

Titan

I did it. Only 13 deaths :p

You have to manage adds, dps the boss. Rinse repeat. But there's so much going on it's overwhelming.
I did it on my very first try with the hunter. I think stillpiercer has a bonus critical multiplier that's unique to it, immediately after oryx spawned I took him to something like 50%.

I'm not sure. This shit is getting ridiculous too. Had a guy drop halfway through a match and never got a sub and lost by a couple hundred points as a result. Why does this always happen to me?

I'm working on this right now as well and it's a pain in the ass. Next up 3 Skirmish Wins...

Hopefully this opens up Shaxx bounties indefinitely because I'm not doing all this crap again.

Fee

Is it possible to get 300 blues without being 300? Would suck if there wasn't.

Yes. People have said a few times now in this thread they have gotten 300 blues.

I'm fairly certain as soon as you get 290 or 295 it's "possible" to get them. Even though i haven't seen one yet.
(i have gotten 299s)

Admodieus

Got the Oryx CP. Had a team earlier that got him to 1% and wiped. Looking for a group that is familiar with the mechanics and is at 294+ light to finish the job.

1. Southwark (PSN: Admodieus)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks, that makes sense. How high can they go? Mine are already at 290. Infusing doesn't seem to offer that much more unless light levels go higher than I've witnessed.

Once you get the the higher levels past 290 total light, Exotics can drop at 310.

Klyka

Banned
The lag in King's Fall today was crazy for us.
We basically had 2 1/2 hours of Oryx tries constantly ruined by crazy shit happening.

At one time Oryx actually just like, skipped phases or had two phases going on at the same time because of lag.

It was hell :(

coy

Not sure about the max attack. To give you an idea for exotics, I infused an exotic primary with a 296 blue I knew I was not going to use and it brought it up to 294. Whether the shard was worth an extra 4 attack, I can't really say.

I did read folks here say that, if you have gear you know you'll be infusing, don't immediately use something much higher in attack/defense for infusion but rather something with slightly higher attack/defense beforehand then use the higher stats stuff. So for a 260 primary, don't use a 285 as infusion material yet but some sort of middle ground, say 272, to get the level higher first then use the 285. The end result will be higher stats if you don't initially use the 285. With exotics, though, using this method will require an exotic shard each time so keep that in mind.

Afrocious

Helping two friends out with the second boss of the raid. Come join me because my shoulders are weak as fuck. I'd like at least one defender Titan if we decide to continue.

Juraash

So I have some CoO questions. Other than buying them, is there any other way to get the Tier 2 runes? I have lots of the Tier 1 runes, but it seems kinda pointless to use them without charging up something better. What about the Tier 3 runes?

Top Bottom