• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

So the infusion calculator says that you get 80% of the power difference between the old piece and the new piece. And they also round up to the larger number if it is a decimal. But this is not completely correct.

For instance if you infuse a 280 with a 285 the calculator says that you'll get a 284 but you actually get a 285.

So if the power difference is small enough then you get the whole power upgrade. This is useful if you infuse a piece few times in a row to try to get the biggest power gain.

Did anyone test how small the power difference needs to be in order to get the whole power gain?

Namikaze1

Have 5 Antiquated Runes. Planning to do Court of Oryx tomorrow so anyone who needs to do the Eris' CoO quests are welcome to join in. Gonna do a bunch of Tier 2s and a few Tier 3s.

GutZ31

So I have some CoO questions. Other than buying them, is there any other way to get the Tier 2 runes? I have lots of the Tier 1 runes, but it seems kinda pointless to use them without charging up something better. What about the Tier 3 runes?
All runes can drop while doing the Court of Oryx. You do not have to use your own to get a chance at runes dropping.
I have gotten 20+ tier 1 runes, 8+ tier 2, and 4+ tier 3's.

The higher difficulty ones seem to make them more likely to drop in my plays. Anecdotal I am sure.

Kaversmed

So the infusion calculator says that you get 80% of the power difference between the old piece and the new piece. And they also round up to the larger number if it is a decimal. But this is not completely correct.

For instance if you infuse a 280 with a 285 the calculator says that you'll get a 284 but you actually get a 285.

So if the power difference is small enough then you get the whole power upgrade. This is useful if you infuse a piece few times in a row to try to get the biggest power gain.

Did anyone test how small the power difference needs to be in order to get the whole power gain?

This would be cool to know.

maomaoIYP

I'm not sure. This shit is getting ridiculous too. Had a guy drop halfway through a match and never got a sub and lost by a couple hundred points as a result. Why does this always happen to me?
I think I'm close to the end of the factions phase, but can't find people in the salvage playlist lol.

Yep. I'm avoiding equipping Shade Step until I get it from that exotic for free. It'll be a great day once it drops.
Shadestep didn't seem like a big deal when I first got it apart from looking cool while doing it.

I just had to get used to using it. It has saved my life so many times. It is such a good ability. Stick with it, when you first get it you may keep forgetting to use it. But it will get embedded in your head soon enough.

Graviton is as good as you expect it to be. (Sorry that I have two, no Draksis involved ;) )

I couldnt take the kids in that LFG party, they must of been 15 and screaming....

Anyway I have "The Totem Room" cp, anyone want to make a team and progress from there?

I think I'm close to the end of the factions phase, but can't find people in the salvage playlist lol.

That's the last one for factions then you need to win 3 matches with 6 or more kills using each of the primaries. After that you have to hit nine points with wins being worth 3 but having 1 point subtracted each game.

Afrocious

Sorry about earlier. Was looking for the Calcified Fragments I was missing.

Anyway, I'll be on for CoO farming tomorrow before I have to go for my appointment. Can't do them now as Fear The Walking Dead is about to start.

Lol walking dead

Yeah it's all good dude and no worries. I can bring you some more runes tomorrow.

someday

Banned
Once you get the the higher levels past 290 total light, Exotics can drop at 310.

Not sure about the max attack. To give you an idea for exotics, I infused an exotic primary with a 296 blue I knew I was not going to use and it brought it up to 294. Whether the shard was worth an extra 4 attack, I can't really say.

I did read folks here say that, if you have gear you know you'll be infusing, don't immediately use something much higher in attack/defense for infusion but rather something with slightly higher attack/defense beforehand then use the higher stats stuff. So for a 260 primary, don't use a 285 as infusion material yet but some sort of middle ground, say 272, to get the level higher first then use the 285. The end result will be higher stats if you don't initially use the 285. With exotics, though, using this method will require an exotic shard each time so keep that in mind.
Thanks a lot for the info. I'll be more careful when I infuse. I've been just using the highest one.

Navy Bean

Ugh, can't believe we have to farm planetary mats again. What was Bungie thinking? (I know you can trade in Legendary Marks but that seems dumb with the economy as it is). Otherwise, still loving TTK.

Eric WK

Ugh, can't believe we have to farm planetary mats again. What was Bungie thinking? (I know you can trade in Legendary Marks but that seems dumb with the economy as it is). Otherwise, still loving TTK.

Once you're above 280 marks lose a lot of their value. I have no problem using them for materials when I need to.

Namikaze1

Lol walking dead

Yeah it's all good dude and no worries. I can bring you some more runes tomorrow.
Yeah, definitely need some folks to bring Stolen Runes so that I can charge 3 of my Antiquated Runes. I have one fully charged and enough stolen runes to charge 1 more.

maomaoIYP

That's the last one for factions then you need to win 3 matches with 6 or more kills using each of the primaries. After that you have to hit nine points with wins being worth 3 but having 1 point subtracted each game.
There's also 5 wins in elimination. I can imagine 6 kills with a weapon in a winning game being extremely frustrating.
Edit: I think the best way to do these would be to play rumble, being in the top 3 counts as a win.

There's also 5 wins in elimination. I can imagine 6 kills with a weapon in a winning game being extremely frustrating.

Oh forgot about elimination. Yeah anything with winning as a requirement is infuriating. I've decided to do rumble for wins since randoms seem to fail me every time.

Afrocious

Heading over to the court to help folks and to get some stolen runes. PSN Afrodeeziyak. Any need some help or has some runes to burn, add me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I honestly don't know what to spend mine on. Everything is less light
I mean if there's something in particular you want you can always get it to infuse up. I'm over 280 now but still have my eye on a handful of vendor weapons.

Rahool's Legendary Engrams can roll over 280 easily based on your current light as well, or turn into Exotics.

farmerboy

Cross post just to see if I get any takers here

Just putting it out there

Any Aussies starting out fresh and want someone to coop with?

psn farmerboy007 or pm me on GAF

ps: I say Aussies cos the time difference to anywhere else is frustrating. Though if you're just starting out add me anyway!

Top Bottom