• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow it is so easy to hit 290+ with a second character. Already raid ready on my hunter and he was 34 like 3 hrs ago.

Yup, awesome. I want to hit 290 on my Hunter and then go all out with the stuff I've stashed to raise my Warlock. Titan got the most attention during HoW so I owe it to the lil' space magic dude.

Namikaze1

So earlier I talked some shit about this 303 weapon (a pulse rifle) I got. After using it for a bit, I take back everything I said. This damn thing is good. A great replacement for Baby Blue.

Fuck the sword crucible bounty straight to hell

Caught a dude using hammer of sol by surprise, got a hit on him, he turns around and throws a hammer at me and I die

It takes 3 hits to kill a storm trance too

maomaoIYP

Yup. Trying to finish it before reset. Rumble is going better. Just had a match where I got Sum of All Tears, and Mark of the Unbroken lol.
Nice! I really want 6x NF rewards every week but I have no idea how I'm gonna repeat this massive quest on 2 more characters.
Edit: do you know if elimination is here to stay? I will lose my marbles if it goes away after reset and I need to wait a week or something.

traveler

Not Wario
Got a 303 auto rifle with eye of the storm off
(spoiling this just in case the nature of raid drops is sensitive territory) Oryx
. Very strongly considering using it to infuse my Zhalo or Boolean....

Zhalo is way better in situations where it's useful, but Boolean is solid in more scenarios than it. Feel like I'll have a better alternative to boolean fairly shortly though.

Nice! I really want 6x NF rewards every week but I have no idea how I'm gonna repeat this massive quest on 2 more characters.
Edit: do you know if elimination is here to stay? I will lose my marbles if it goes away after reset and I need to wait a week or something.

I'm not sure. It's position on the director makes me think it's weekly and will probably be replaced by mayhem clash next week or zone control.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anything specific you did to level up? Just the TTK story and then..?
Hehe, transfer your highest light weapons and ghost to the alt before decrypting any engrams. Giff the Exotic you wisely bought from Xur in advance for them. Use loose blues from the other class to infuse any low level legendaries you might come by.

Hehe, transfer your highest light weapons and ghost to the alt before decrypting any engrams. Giff the Exotic you wisely bought from Xur in advance for them. Use loose blues from the other class to infuse and low level legendaries you might come by.

Oh yeah, that's what I did after hitting 40. Splurged some marks just to get gear to infuse into since I really won't need them for anything else at the moment.

Kensuke

44/50 calcified fragments. Only needed 1 more for the quest, but it turned out to be the random one from tier 2 court of Oryx. Used 6 stolen runes and didn't get it. This game sometimes man... :/

BraXzy

Hehe, transfer your highest light weapons and ghost to the alt before decrypting any engrams. Giff the Exotic you wisely bought from Xur in advance for them. Use loose blues from the other class to infuse any low level legendaries you might come by.

Yeah I'll pass over all my weapons and ghost don't worry. STILL not made my mind up on which character to do next lmao. I'm so indecisive. I could have done them both by now, ahh well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh yeah, that's what I did after hitting 40. Splurged some marks just to get gear to infuse into since I really won't need them for anything else at the moment.
Worth it yeah. Imma give my warlock the Apple of Discord I've got at 225, already have enough stray blues to get it to 275 or so right away. Then my Last Extremity goes to my Titan. I haven't come across a primary I want to devote my Hunter to yet, though the FWC Hand Cannon is definitely a prospect.

BraXzy

44/50 calcified fragments. Only needed 1 more for the quest, but it turned out to be the random one from tier 2 court of Oryx. Used 6 stolen runes and didn't get it. This game sometimes man... :/

How long has it taken you to find them all? Did you use a guide?

I'm close to the point where I need to find the 45 but I don't think I want to hunt for hours alone.

Frenden

Banned
A high ammo machine gun against a crowd of thralls, no super necessary, you could give orbs out free at the car wash

edit: course it'll also charge up your own super soooooo
I have four or five different rolls of this helm. It's not trash? It reads like it would be trash.

Kensuke

How long has it taken you to find them all? Did you use a guide?

I'm close to the point where I need to find the 45 but I don't think I want to hunt for hours alone.

My team luckily found all the ones in the raid. The other ones I did use a guide for. You can find one on reddit or on the destinywiki. Didn't take that long. 1-2 hours at most? The only problem is that you need to get every single one that is available, because 45/50 is the max you can get at this point in time.

todd360

It sucks having to wait for your team to raid. We are almost at the end, but we can't all get back together until Tuesday night. So we are starting from the beginning. It sucks having to wait, but I will be patient instead of fucking my friends over and not even having the common decency to apologize for it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have four or five different rolls of this helm. It's not trash? It reads like it would be trash.
lol, well try a high ammo machine gun and let me know. I've heard it pairs well with the sword too but I haven't tried that yet, having too much fun with Sealed Ahamkara/Monte Carlo

Can you only run nf for rewards once a week per account?

I did seriously not just get 5 3 of coins and to useless blues for complety the nightfall right?

It took 52 minutes to do echo strike on heroic. If this is ever a NF I am skipping. Bungie this strike is not fun when you have so many mobs and OP boss attacks.

Top Bottom