• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

MGvTRb8.gif
Let's do this! I need that fragment. ;__;

Hehe, transfer your highest light weapons and ghost to the alt before decrypting any engrams. Giff the Exotic you wisely bought from Xur in advance for them. Use loose blues from the other class to infuse any low level legendaries you might come by.

Excellent ideas, I thought of the weapon/ghost transfer, but the Blues for infusion is a brilliant idea for maximum efficiency.

Can you use any Class gear to infuse another Class?

noomi

Have 30 fragments now, apparently it just uses up 20 of them at oryx and gives you an extra engram. At least that's what happened with guys in our group.

Victrix

*beard*
Monte Carlo is soooooo good with a Melting Point build.

Also batshit crazy with the reset perk and cauterize. Infinite punch healing.

I lucked into three good weapons with Life Support, so on my Sunbreaker, any fire kill is guaranteed to heal me, and any weapon kill while my shield is down has a chance to heal me.

It's... pretty amazing.

Is there any reason to use the Striker subclass again?

Defender is still the ultimate utility class and Sun Breaker adds a very strong DPS option that almost seems OP in both PvE and PvP.

Victrix

*beard*

Defender is still the ultimate utility class and Sun Breaker adds a very strong DPS option that almost seems OP in both PvE and PvP.

Striker needs a redesign. Fist is a really poor pve super and has been for a year. Storm Fist is garbage. Juggernaut is garbage. Two other perks are mediocre buffs to Fist.

I still strongly suspect we're paying for Shoulder Charge with short range melee on Titan, so I'll also hold a grudge for that, regardless of if it's true or not :p SC has the same range as Warlock melee and Blink Strike, but all basic Titan melee has the same range as an ability-less Hunter knife swing, with no means of extending it. It sucks, bad.

Zoidberg

Was thinking the same thing. There's no benefit to using striker over sunbreaker, in any situation. Not only does a sunbreaker have better damage output, at range too, they also have melting point.

pyrandes

Finally hit 290... oye. That felt like it took a while. Now to do the Nightfall for this week (and maybe the Raid? I might want a couple more light levels for that).

Also would need to finish out the Courts for stolen/anitquated runes :/

darthbob

I wish you could access more of the Dreadnaught during patrol, like the Hanging Crypts or some of the areas in the Raid.

It just feels a little cramped now that I've gone through all of it.

neoism

Ok. Stormtrance lets you survive a bow shot to the face. This game needs to be fixed.

yeah and it takes 2 gunslinger shots to down and hammer of sol titan...
shit is not balanced

at all.

really sucks for my main is a hunter and i want to use nightstalker but it just sucks for pvp which is my fav mode...

btkadams

Anyone want to help me out? I'm at the restorative mind strike boss and I'm alone (heroic vanguard). I'm only 258 light so i'm not that amazing.

PSN is btkadams.

Edit: nvm just had joiners

OK, question for the Zhalo Supercell crowd. Which perk is better, Hammer Forged or Rifled Barrel?

I'm boring so I roll with the safe choice of Hammer Forged, but I imagine with you getting ammo back from double kills all the time, the slower reload isn't that big of a issue for increased range.

Defyler

Which set of perks for 1000 yard stare would be a better high impact sniper for the raid?

Solar
- Eye of the storm
- Perf balance / Snapshot / Disciplinarian (fallen)
- Mulligan

or

Arc
- Guerilla fighter
- skip rounds / oiled frame / will of light (taken)
- unflinching

Top Bottom