• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

btkadams

Wait do heroic strikes not continuously give you legendary marks? I thought there wasn't a cap on this stuff? Not sure how to get better gear if I am prevented from buying any in a timely fashion...do legendary items drop that often in the heroic strikes? I've only seen a couple.

Wait do heroic strikes not continuously give you legendary marks? I thought there wasn't a cap on this stuff? Not sure how to get better gear if I am prevented from buying any in a timely fashion...do legendary items drop that often in the heroic strikes? I've only seen a couple.
First 3 or something.

I only have 249 light, so those vanguard heroic strikes are a bit over my head. Should I struggle through them anyway? I want to get better gear and it seems like I need legendary marks from vanguard heroic strikes to buy them. Am I wrong?

You're pretty much gonna get 1 shot at 249, trust me I tried them when I was 250 and it was a massacre. Just do the regular vanguard strikes or Court of Oryx. You will get tons of engrams that will get your level up.

Namikaze1

Let me know if you want yo team up for this. I have lots of Lvl 2 and 3 runes!
I'll be farming the hell out of CoO tomorrow while helping gaffers with the CoO quest. Also just realized I'm missing 3 (not 4) from Tier 2 and the one from Agonarch Rune thing which will be complete tomorrow.

Right now, I'm heading off to sleep. Got class in the morning.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Level 294 hunter on PS4 looking to join a raid group. I have a checkpoint before the first boss if you want to use it.
In the first room with enemys after the actual Kings Fall mission comes up
PSN: diggymow

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Your first 3 heroic strikes per week, no matter which character you're on, give you 10 marks. Buying gear will not be your main method of progression however.

Your first heroic strike per week, on each character, gives you a guaranteed legendary engram.

You can and should be infusing legendaries that you want to use with higher level blues that you get as drops and from engrams, or just equipping those blues if you don't have a legendary you want to work on in that slot yet.

Afrocious

Feels good to be part of that 0.1% again with the raid trophy for King's Fall.

I beat Fear's Embrace today as well with Rubenov. Fuck doing that solo and I give major props to folks who pulled it off by themselves.

The next mission is piss easy compared to Fear's Embrace, it's not even funny. It's like some sick joke honestly.

btkadams

First 3 or something.

You're pretty much gonna get 1 shot at 249, trust me I tried them when I was 250 and it was a massacre. Just do the regular vanguard strikes or Court of Oryx. You will get tons of engrams that will get your level up.

Your first 3 heroic strikes per week, no matter which character you're on, give you 10 marks. Buying gear will not be your main method of progression however.

Your first heroic strike per week, on each character, gives you a guaranteed legendary engram.

You can and should be infusing legendaries that you want to use with higher level blues that you get as drops and from engrams, or just equipping those blues if you don't have a legendary you want to work on in that slot yet.
Thanks guys! I guess I'll just keep doing strikes and hope for some good drops.

E92 M3

Feels good to be part of that 0.1% again with the raid trophy for King's Fall.

I beat Fear's Embrace today as well with Rubenov. Fuck doing that solo and I give major props to folks who pulled it off by themselves.

The next mission is piss easy compared to Fear's Embrace, it's not even funny. It's like some sick joke honestly.

We have a week lol.

well apparently i have some kind of exotic quest. thought i was gonna get offline but NOPE back to the farm.

who else needs to farm cornflakes and worm sperm?

ethomaz

Banned
I'm doing > 1.5 k/d in Crucible and the exotic bounty with TLW is at 18% yet.

Fuck.

PS. I learned how to use the new sucked TLW.

Guys are hyping me up for this raaaaaid dayum

I'm thinking tomorrow early evening EST for those who might be interested. I know almost nothing about it and wouldn't mind others who were in fairly similar situation. Lookin for a laid back get as far as we can type deal.

I haven't even entered the raid yet and I would be down to join you for a cold run. What light level do you recommend we should have?

well apparently i have some kind of exotic quest. thought i was gonna get offline but NOPE back to the farm.

who else needs to farm cornflakes and worm sperm?

That's a long quest, Zoba. You're gonna need 45/50 calcified fragments to trigger one of the steps.

traveler

Not Wario
Guys are hyping me up for this raaaaaid dayum

I'm thinking tomorrow early evening EST for those who might be interested. I know almost nothing about it and wouldn't mind others who were in fairly similar situation. Lookin for a laid back get as far as we can type deal.

It's so good. Heads and tails above the rest. Newbie raids are going to be, uh, pretty interesting though. Definitely the most demanding raid across an entire party.

vctor182

I'm doing > 1.5 k/d in Crucible and the exotic bounty with TLW is at 18% yet.

Fuck.

PS. I learned how to use the new sucked TLW.
Play crucible without TLW when heavy round is announced equip it, grab heavy and hide for 1 min then start your rampage with the machine gun. Your % increases a lot with a relentless streak. Also do it in classic 6v6 it's a lot easier

Wilde

Does anyone have a Skyburners Command Beacon or the Skyburner's access codes?

The chest the codes give you is one of the last ones I need, but I just can't get a Skyburner Beacon to drop for me. So if anyone has one and I could do the bounty with you, that would be awesome!

ZW33.

traveler

Not Wario
Holy shit, talk about a jump in story mission difficulty with this paradox mission. Goddamn wasn't ready for that.

Others have complained about Fear's Embrace, but I think Paradox is the single hardest sp story content in the game. Definitely died a few times on that one.

vctor182

Does anyone have a Skyburners Command Beacon or the Skyburner's access codes?

The chest the codes give you is one of the last ones I need, but I just can't get a Skyburner Beacon to drop for me. So if anyone has one and I could do the bounty with you, that would be awesome!

ZW33.
I have it I'll login in a couple of minutes
PSN Vctor182

traveler

Not Wario
Did anyone get that rail gun heavy fusion rifle yet?

Rumor has it that
you need to find all 5 of the random ABDCDA+##$##F=DDD esque legendaries and/or hit rank 4 or 5 with the gunsmith.
Don't think anyone has done it yet. Probably need at least 1 or 2 more resets for that.

Sounds like 290 mininum, 295 recommended?

Our average light level was 287 ish for half the raid and it's definitely doable that way. Raid gets harder as it progresses, light level req wise, so you'll want to bump it up the further you get. 295 isn't necessary till the end probably and, even then, good execution could take an average 290 ish team all the way.

What was Paradox? Remind me of it. I felt Fear's Embrace was like some Halo Legendary shit.

Story mission where you fight taken in
the Vault of Glass

Shito

Others have complained about Fear's Embrace, but I think Paradox is the single hardest sp story content in the game. Definitely died a few times on that one.
Was that the VoG mission?
If so, yeah, took me like 3 tries to solo that oracle section: shit was rough!
Haven't tried Fear's Embrace yet...

The Vault of Glass story mission was definitely the biggest difficulty spike in the game. Got annoyed with how many times I wiped during that.

The other one on the Citadel was tough as well, but that's because I didn't have any good weapons. Spent too much time running from adds.

Top Bottom