• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Bogeypop

Anyone got the
piston platform puzzle
checkpoint before the
Daughters
? Want to get the
fragment
and the
chest

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes you unfortunately it seems, I'm holding on to my legendary version. I'll pick up a Second on my Hunter and Ascend that one too Exotic unless it adds some can't miss perk.
Well clearly in any event there's no way to collect each legendary and each exotic even if you have three characters? that really super sucks. Having the sword as a heavy option when using another exotic is awesome. whyyyyyyyyyyy

Well clearly in any event there's no way to collect each legendary and each exotic even if you have three characters? that really super sucks. Having the sword as a heavy option when using another exotic is awesome. whyyyyyyyyyyy

Bummer, guess it was just a bit too awesome for Bungie.

I just got Destiny with TTK and I'm wondering if I'm going to be missing out on the first 2 raids now that the 3rd is out. I just peaked on 2 LFGs and not a single listing. Are they basically obsolete now?

Afrocious

I haven't attempted it, but you can retry old quests via one of the stations in the tower. Maybe it's possible to redo the sword quest to obtain a legendary version again?

Personally, I don't think I'd be up for farming again for it, and then getting its attack up for the second time.

I just got Destiny with TTK and I'm wondering if I'm going to be missing out on the first 2 raids now that the 3rd is out. I just peaked on 2 LFGs and not a single listing. Are they basically obsolete now?

Gear wise, yes. But one of the users here, Hawkian, I believe he still runs Newbie raids for Vault of Glass and Crota's End each week.

todd360

I haven't attempted it, but you can retry old quests via one of the stations in the tower. Maybe it's possible to redo the sword quest to obtain a legendary version again?

You could probably get all three exotic swords and one legendary sword by deleting a character and doing everything all over again. That would be a huge time sink though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hmmm someone who gets their exotic sword, please check if the original quest pops up on that board :p/
Personally, I don't think I'd be up for farming again for it, and then getting its attack up for the second time.
I would. In a heartbeat. the option is all I need
You could probably get all three exotic swords and one legendary sword by deleting a character and doing everything all over again. That would be a huge time sink though.
...on the other hand, holy shit lol

Afrocious

I, too, would like to share my pet fish.

Here's the auto rifle from the raid:

V19C7xF.jpg

It's decent at eating Taken alive. I'd like to see what the other weapons are from the raid. So far, I've seen a sniper rifle and a scout.

Mupod

so I've fought every boss in the raid and killed 3 of them. Still haven't done everything preceding the first boss, would be nice if I could get that done tomorrow but I won't have time for much else. Oryx can wait.

New Warlock Super wins easy over Bladedancer in Crucible... it is so powerful... kills 6 guys in no time.

Stormtrance, especially with the exotic gloves, is definitely more useful than the other two warlock supers in small maps. I've had some good streaks with it so far in enclosed spaces where people can't shoot you or flee. I don't even have ionic blink yet, I bet that would help a lot. But outside of the super stormcaller still doesn't seem that great in pvp, maybe I just need to learn the range of the melee+amplitude and use it more. But the grenades aren't as awesome as firebolt+viking funeral and definitely not as good as axion bolt.

But really I should just level a titan because jesus christ what were they thinking with that sunbreaker super.

traveler

Not Wario
hmmm someone who gets their exotic sword, please check if the original quest pops up on that board :p/

I would. In a heartbeat. the option is all I need

...on the other hand, holy shit lol

You haven't used your free lvl 25 boost have you? I'd hate to loose all that rep though.

But forreal though: Where do I check out my Calcified Fragments? I have 18 and I wanna catch'em all.

Look at your grimoire in the app and figure out which specific ones you're missing. I'm sure the guides out there reference specific numbers so you should be able to target just the ones you want.

LTWood12

284 and holding. Guess I should do the strike quest? Help me gaf. I NEED to get raid ready. Feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Mupod

Oh, also I discovered my favorite use of Stormtrance

1. Play Rift and wear The Impossible Machines

2. Crouch in a corner near the spark and hope nobody notices you

3. Wait for enemies to converge

cJlBUVL.gif

todd360

Oh, also I discovered my favorite use of Stormtrance

1. Play Rift and wear The Impossible Machines

2. Crouch in a corner near the spark and hope nobody notices you

3. Wait for enemies to converge

cJlBUVL.gif

Order up squidward! 6 servings of krabby patties and fried guardians! Get em while they're hot!

Iv fallen in love with the Nightstalker subclass. Not sure if I can go back to the others.

It's an awesome feeling that I actually contribute to everyone else. The buffs, the orbs. The utility belt that you get with the grenades.

It's just a complete subclass.

Top Bottom