• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

R0ckman

I'm curious how many people actually finish this raid compared to VoG...

There will be no boss cheese

I'm seeing this get toned down actually. Although I came prepared, they kind of made the same mistakes with the end part of the raid as they did when creating the horn, it heavily favors and almost makes it impossible without certain weapon drops at the right light level. Soon people will be left out of the raid content for not carrying a decent sniper or some other weapon.

maomaoIYP

Anyone else getting smart loot drops that are eerily close to "perfect" armor drops? My chest, boots, and gloves that I now use for infusion are all Intellect/Discipline, all favor pulse rifles and fusion rifles, and have solar based perks; all the gear and builds that I favor. Is it giving me these on purpose, or am I just reaaaaaly lucky?

Just real lucky. I don't use fusion rifles but I get those perks too. My perks have been quite a large spread.

SeanR1221

Keep in mind for the raid. Having a +295 sniper is a must imo. Will make your time easier for dpsing. It's essential for
Oyrx
. At least for now while we're all so low lvls.

This is really for everyone who hasn't done the raid.

t(-_-)t

I don't :/

Maybe I should grind some more strikes. Or try the court.

it didn't occur to me until just now that the zhalo supercell is an elemental primary. that seems like a change in philosophy for the game, since they had previously been locked behind the hardest content. seems like everybody already has the zhalo.

Afrocious

Everyone finishing their raids and I am still stuck at the first boss =[

Don't worry. GAF is the 1%. The other 99 are better people so it's okay.

it didn't occur to me until just now that the zhalo supercell is an elemental primary. that seems like a change in philosophy for the game, since they had previously been locked behind the hardest content. seems like everybody already has the zhalo.

Well it does help that people with 100+ strange coins threw them all into Three of Coins and farmed Draxis like Old MacDonald.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I dont

no one for Crucible eh?

Juraash

Well I managed to make a lot of progress this weekend, in almost every area except the one I really wanted lol. Hit 295, did a bunch of quests, got Boolean Gemini, ran the NF, got Truth from a legendary engram, lots of good stuff in there. Yet all I was hoping for sas one friggin rep item for the gunsmith so I could get my Warlock scout. Funny how the desire sensor works. Still was a good weekend, Gemini is holding me over quite nicely and I'm ready for the raid more or less. So hopefully I can find the time to do it in the next week.

This Spike grenade for Nightstalkers feels really useless in both PVP and PVE. I'm trying to stick it to walls so that the flame shoots out horizontally, but still, it feels completely useless. Sure looks neat, though.

Everyone finishing their raids and I am still stuck at the first boss =[

No worries, whenever I have time and watch Drizzay defense of his King's Fall Carry Train Thesis, I will be willing to help groups whenever I have time :3

Still got to beat the war priest and other boss that I skipped over :p

BraXzy

First Raid yielded me the Scout Rifle, the Sniper Rifle, Gauntlets and an Exotic Quest.
obama.png

I wanna go back.

Scout and sniper? You lucky sod!

I got the hand cannon twice QQ

BraXzy

I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't lmao. Fingers crossed for Xur next weekend?

BraXzy

I have the Companion app. I still don't see how to check which Calcified Fragments I have.

Bungie.net -> My Legend -> Grimoire -> Enemies -> Book of Sorrows :)

I'm up to 35 now. The one fragment I'm missing in the Raid is
just after Golgoroth and just before the second jumping puzzle, luckily, I happened to get that checkpoint off someone yesterday when I went for the secret chest woop woop.

What other fragments are particularly tricky and not a simple find and grab?

Xbox One titan sitting at 293 at the moment. Ready to try the raid again this weekend if I can find a good group. Hopefully I can team up with blue ninja from this thread again. Hopefully get a few more rare auto rifles to salvage and complete my level 3 gunsmith quest too.

PS4 Hunter sitting at 232. Long way to go but going to do my best to get him raid ready for this weekend so i can hopefully jump in on a GAF group. Might be lacking the weapons though.

Asked earlier but no response, can alts get gear from raids or is the raid once per account now also? If they can I might just go exclusively PS4. Far easier to group with competent people using this thread.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Home from class. Plan to do the nightfall and then try to finish crucible part of the TLW quest. (wish me luck!)

Just finished the daily, got a blue chest engram and that decrypted into a 300 chest armor. Now I'm 292, good start in my opinion.

Got in fresh group on LFG and we've handled the raid really well.
Beat Warpriest before the 3rd pillar was down and Golgoroth got handled in no time. Raid MvP's are Nightstalker and Defender. On Golgoroth w/ WoL and Nightstalker super we were critting for 100k+ (myself with Thousand Yard Stare was doing 115K+) w/o either base damage was 62k. Damage increase was insane. Got the fusion rifle and boots. Oryx I'll save for next week or so. I'm all raided out for this week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Crucible interest has dropped due to immense number of quests and light lvl catch up. Probably it will stabilize in a week or 2 I feel.
i hear you. Plus it's raaaaaiding time, lol

I just have all these bounties that need to be done in a fireteam! Like half my bounty screen at this point lol
:O

what day does he do crotas end?
Typically don't post signups until Tuesdays but, the next one is the 26th (saturday), at 3:00pm eastern. signups are here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform

BraXzy

Pretty confident I can get the rest of the fragments I'm missing tomorrow.. Oh wait one of them requires a rune that needs 7 charges with a single charge per day limit QQ. Wish I had known about that sooner.

btkadams

I finally have enough marks to buy something. What should I get?

I read earlier in the thread that the vanguard ghost is a good first purchase. Is that because of the wormwood detection?

My light level is 268. I have rare boots and rare special weapon, but they're both at 275. My lowest gear items are my legendary chest at 245, legendary gauntlets at 266, and brave shell ghost is 240.

neoism

i hear you. Plus it's raaaaaiding time, lol

I just have all these bounties that need to be done in a fireteam! Like half my bounty screen at this point lol

Typically don't post signups until Tuesdays but, the next one is the 26th (saturday), at 3:00pm eastern. signups are here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform

cool would really like to do the crotas end ...em do you have to beat it on normal first to play it on hard....

i wonder can Llv 285 solo normal CE :p
i signed up
thanks

Top Bottom