• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

SpecX

Just hit 270. Starting to get some good drops and just completed all the HoW quests. Hoping to grin tonight and reach 290 so I can squeeze in a Raid tomorrow.

Afrocious

I cri evry tiem when a warlock is in the Court fighting the three wizards and isn't a stormcaller.

Seriously, bum rushing the bosses with Stormtrance is insanely satisfying. The DPS is ridiculous. 3 stormcaller warlocks doing Tier 3 is probably the most fun I had with randoms.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Iv fallen in love with the Nightstalker subclass. Not sure if I can go back to the others.

It's an awesome feeling that I actually contribute to everyone else. The buffs, the orbs. The utility belt that you get with the grenades.

It's just a complete subclass.
Fuck yeah. I know Vanish in Smoke is in bogue but I'm loving double Envenom grenades with Sealed Ahamkara/Monte Carlo. CREATURES OF THE DARKNESS WHILE YOU TRY MERELY TO FIND ME YOU WILL BURN AND DIE

Bogeypop

Iv fallen in love with the Nightstalker subclass. Not sure if I can go back to the others.

It's an awesome feeling that I actually contribute to everyone else. The buffs, the orbs. The utility belt that you get with the grenades.

It's just a complete subclass.

Holy cannoli, Robin! I really am the Roc-Man!

TITipuW.gif

Mupod

I cri evry tiem when a warlock is in the Court fighting the three witches and isn't a stormcaller.

Seriously, bum rushing the bosses with Stormtrance is insanely satisfying. The DPS is ridiculous. 3 stormcaller warlocks doing Tier 3 is probably the most fun I had with randoms.

as a solo stormcaller I poop on every reciprocal rune boss except that jackass with the shield that only goes away when adds are dead. Because there's always one hiding somewhere and they come back fast. It seemed a pretty good way to get a lot of random blues but they were all low level so I stopped.

Also funny that I have an easier time solo against the ogre and knight twins than I ever did with a group. Mechanics are hard!

maomaoIYP

I don't know because I haven't done the mission yet, but someone in this thread told earlier how you could camp and snipe your way through Fear's Embrace with a nightstalker and the stillpiercer... ^^
That was me. I cleared Fear's Embrace on my first try, it was easy.

Just hit 270. Starting to get some good drops and just completed all the HoW quests. Hoping to grin tonight and reach 290 so I can squeeze in a Raid tomorrow.
I literally got to level 40, exotic gear and some blue gears bump to 240ish light level, and grind heroic strikes for 4-5 hours to reach 288ish light level. Started the raid as a 288ish light level and got the lucky drops to reach 291light level. It's possible just mind numbing grinding those strikes..

Afrocious

as a solo stormcaller I poop on every reciprocal rune boss except that jackass with the shield that only goes away when adds are dead. Because there's always one hiding somewhere and they come back fast. It seemed a pretty good way to get a lot of random blues but they were all low level so I stopped.

Also funny that I have an easier time solo against the ogre and knight twins than I ever did with a group. Mechanics are hard!

Same.

Holy fuck I hate it when people shoot all the cursed thralls before the ogre even steps down from the altar.

Also, we need to spread the word to people that it's okay to bum rush the knight boss with the shield.

Trickster

I think it's epic!

Epically bullshit maybe :p We got to that point and were so excited that we botched nuking properly and wiped. Much rage was had.

Anyway, shoutout to Cosmos, Kilau, CamoKid42, Bogeypop and Tovarisc. The kill felt so good when it happened :p

I also just realize I called Camokid for Comakid the entire raid lol

Fuck yeah. I know Vanish in Smoke is in bogue but I'm loving double Envenom grenades with Sealed Ahamkara/Monte Carlo. CREATURES OF THE DARKNESS WHILE YOU TRY MERELY TO FIND ME YOU WILL BURN AND DIE
Best is in pvp when people try to hide around the corner.
"HAHA THEY CANT SEE ME HERE! Wait...what's this smoke? Oh..OH SHIT ITS HURTING ME RUNNNNN!!"
Holy cannoli, Robin! I really am the Roc-Man!
#dead

SeanR1221

Just to make sure I'm on track.

I'm sitting at 289 right now.

I've just been doing quests and heroic strikes to grab engrams. I then make sure I'm at my highest level at all times to get the best ones.

Haven't done the court of oryx yet.

Anything else I should do to keep upgrading so I can try the raid?

Magik

How did you get 7 guys in there? ( or do you mean randoms?)

Fireteam of 3 with randoms joining over time.

What you can do though as an alternative is if you see a random person, send them a message and ask them to invite your friends and then you can all be friends!

Tier 3 is nothing with a bunch of people. I think my group ran though 4-5 Tier 3 summons with ease.

Anyone else getting smart loot drops that are eerily close to "perfect" armor drops? My chest, boots, and gloves that I now use for infusion are all Intellect/Discipline, all favor pulse rifles and fusion rifles, and have solar based perks; all the gear and builds that I favor. Is it giving me these on purpose, or am I just reaaaaaly lucky?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just to make sure I'm on track.

I'm sitting at 289 right now.

I've just been doing quests and heroic strikes to grab engrams. I then make sure I'm at my highest level at all times to get the best ones.

Haven't done the court of oryx yet.

Anything else I should do to keep upgrading so I can try the raid?

You sir are ready to try the raid

I need to do Tier 2 for this last fragment but I am completely out of runes and Black Wax Idol's so I can't buy any more. Any suggestions on how I can get Tier 2 runes?

Afrocious

Anyone else getting smart loot drops that are eerily close to "perfect" armor drops? My chest, boots, and gloves that I now use for infusion are all Intellect/Discipline, all favor pulse rifles and fusion rifles, and have solar based perks; all the gear and builds that I favor. Is it giving me these on purpose, or am I just reaaaaaly lucky?

I feel that once you get to 290+, the smart loot becomes a huge troll.

SpecX

I literally got to level 40, exotic gear and some blue gears bump to 240ish light level, and grind heroic strikes for 4-5 hours to reach 288ish light level. Started the raid as a 288ish light level and got the lucky drops to reach 291light level. It's possible just mind numbing grinding those strikes..
Good to know. Took a nap after getting home from camping and now I'm ready to grind the night away to make up for the list time this weekend.

Oh man oh man oh man.

I shall wait until tomorrow.
Keep in mind for the raid. Having a +295 sniper is a must imo. Will make your time easier for dpsing. It's essential for
Oyrx
. At least for now while we're all so low lvls.

This is really for everyone who hasn't done the raid.
First Raid yielded me the Scout Rifle, the Sniper Rifle, Gauntlets and an Exotic Quest.
obama.png

I wanna go back.
t(-_-)t

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

lucky, I've gotten barely any plus fusion stuff and they are my preferred

Bogeypop

Best is in pvp when people try to hide around the corner.
"HAHA THEY CANT SEE ME HERE! Wait...what's this smoke? Oh..OH SHIT ITS HURTING ME RUNNNNN!!"

#dead

Now that I finally beat Oryx and I finally have a static Raid group, I don't have to stress myself out trying to get in any group that will take me. Might start helping people who don't play as much and aren't as geared get Raid ready by running Heroic Strikes for fun now that there's an actual purpose to them.
Plus I want some of that Strike exclusive Legendary gear
. The Dark Knight will rise once more.
After I take a break for the next day or two

Top Bottom