• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Dante316

I finally have enough marks to buy something. What should I get?

I read earlier in the thread that the vanguard ghost is a good first purchase. Is that because of the wormwood detection?

My light level is 268. I have rare boots and rare special weapon, but they're both at 275. My lowest gear items are my legendary chest at 245, legendary gauntlets at 266, and brave shell ghost is 240.

Get the ghost, those r very rare to get to 280.

I finally have enough marks to buy something. What should I get?

I read earlier in the thread that the vanguard ghost is a good first purchase. Is that because of the wormwood detection?

My light level is 268. I have rare boots and rare special weapon, but they're both at 275. My lowest gear items are my legendary chest at 245, legendary gauntlets at 266, and brave shell ghost is 240.

Yea I thought it was a good first investment for myself especially for only 75 marks. The wormwood detection + int/disc is a bonus!

rc213

Doing Fears Embrace quest from Taken Wars if anyone needs it.

Everything is being stingy with the Engrams tonight. Yikes

Raybunny

Is there a cap on legendary marks?

And how is the raid? Good quality?

You can only old 200 marks at a time but there is no cap for how many you can earn.

The new raid is good. Requires teamwork, effort, coordination. It got some intricate fights. Each encounter teaches you something new that you might or not need in the last boss. The Taken King story itself does the same.

Kyne

I need to give a huge shoutout to my girlfriend and best friend. We tackled the mars brother's 290-light strike for the Chaperone while we were all level 285~. This game really does something special whenever you play it with friends.

Come on who's in for some Crucible train let's break some skulls I'm a dynamite spark runner

we'll be doing some tomorrow night if you're around.

Man.. I was looking over that Kotaku article on Destiny concept art. I really hope some of this stuff comes to fruition in the next 8 years.
1439532282360633744.jpg

1439532282304101264.jpg

1439532282387524752.jpg

BraXzy

I saw the funkiest Hunter cloak just before I logged off. I recorded a video.

Someone remind me to upload it tomorrow xD

Anyone use that scout rifle from the vanguard yet? 18 round clip, explosive rounds, crowd control. Seems pretty legit and I'm debating buying it?

Anyone have it? Impressions?

Kyne

Also I've been on and off from GAF all weekend so I don't know if it was discussed... but anyone notice that no one (to my knowledge) got any exotic leg armor from all the farming/striking that's been going on?

Something to note is that at the exotic armor kiosk there's 2 different 'class item' sections.. one of them only has 1 engram slot.

My deduction is that the exotic leg armor (there's only 1 in TTK) is supposed to be in that slot, but what worries me is that it's not under any kind of armor section.. and this probably affected the RNG rolls on engrams. That's why no one got any kind of legs over the weekend. Is it bugged? We we will be getting them through different means?

The titan legs will probably be amazing in pvp. I need them.

This Jolly Holiday "Shindig in the Crucible" quest....uhhh wtf...

Sometimes the percentage goes up a shitload and other times it doesn't move. Anyone know how it calculates the increases?

Zocano

It's cool to realize who is talking to you in the grimiores re: Oryx

Hint:
She walks among the Book of Sorrows
Dearest Guardian,

I write to you from a place of high contempt. No no no, don’t be offended, don’t be so superficial — it’s in the architecture of these spaces. They look down on you.

I wander out here, in worlds cut by sharp Hive swords, and I send back these messages for you.

Of Oryx, that admirable monarch, I have only a little to say. Why? Because He is all in the action, fellow traveler, His philosophy is all on display. He has twinned himself so closely to the power He admires. He has become many-placed, many-formed, sending out emissaries of himself to ask after the truth.

In each act of His power Oryx seeks to incarnate the self-sustaining, immortal suzerainty that He worships. The power that He uses to wash his Taken clean and etch them into useful shapes.

LISTEN! LISTEN! Understand, you simpleton, it’s entirely obvious —

Oryx inhabits a world where power is truth. To win is to be noble, and to be real. When He departs from that world, out into the material universe, He is lessened.

The echoes of Oryx go forth to ask a question: are you the truth? And that means — well. You see, I’m sure

Hello again. It’s me. I’m sure you know my name. Let me talk a while, let me talk, I do take a debased joy in speaking again to small human-form heads.

When Crota’s victory over our little blue world seemed certain (a moment of silence, now, for Wei Ning, whose directness I admired) it was Oryx who called His Child back into the nether world to plan final victory. It was to Oryx that the violence of His spawn was tithed.

Oryx is the wielder and the servant of a terrible truth. He has predicated Himself on it, He has pursued across thousands of cairn worlds His quest to embody it, and you have seen the force of that truth expended to create these Taken.

He is not a simple thing to kill. He wants to be isomorphic to conquest, to triumph, to killing and death. He is a syllogism, now, but in time He hopes to become an axiom.

This is His strength and His fatal weakness.

For if he ever falters in His performance, if the inflow of devastation ever falls behind His expenditure of ruin, He will be consumed. If He is ever outmatched, then by the terms of His own existence, He will cease.

It is to Oryx Himself, in the heart of the Dreadnaught that armors and encapsulates his throne-world, that you must make your last and surest argument.

Good luck! Do let me know if a vacancy opens.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
How rough is the tier 3 Court anyway? Is there a risk of not finishing for someone around 294 with a few people?

This Jolly Holiday "Shindig in the Crucible" quest....uhhh wtf...

Sometimes the percentage goes up a shitload and other times it doesn't move. Anyone know how it calculates the increases?

No clue, but we "Rumbled" it. Go into a rumble playlist with two buddies and have them let you kill them to complete the bounty. We got it in one match, but not sure how many kills we needed. Maybe 20 or so headshot kills with no deaths?

haha noting really, just a joke, well a joke in my p.o.v since Drizzay and I both studied science and its only a matter of time till someone figures out the best method to do the raid :p

This raid seems to be very mechanic heavy and requires everyone to do their part so carries will be a bit more difficult, but I'm sire of anyone can do it, Drizzay will find a way.

Bogeypop

Looks like Roc-Man made a brief appearance today on Patrols. Helped half a dozen or so randoms do their Taken boss quests. Imagine Batman with a bow in this picture and that was me raining arrows on these poor, unsuspecting Taken. Didn't know what hit 'em ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom