• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
I wonder if, like Exotic engrams, Gunsmith Exotics drop at 310 if you earn it after your Light is 300.

A 310 Ace of Spades would be pure amazeballs

Zocano

I don't know why Touch of Malice isn't 50/50

Seems silly to me.

My assumption is the last 5 unknowns are in the hard mode of the raid.

Jblanks

Looks like Roc-Man made a brief appearance today on Patrols. Helped a dozen or so randoms do their Taken boss quests. Imagine Batman with a bow in this picture and that was me raining arrows on these poor, unsuspecting Taken. Didn't know what hit 'em ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I want a batman cape for my Hunter now.

So I had to look up Fear's Embrace because I could not remember what mission everyone was talking about.

Holy crap how did I forget about this mission. Great fun though.

Omni

Anyone on Xbox that can help me for a sec?

Doing a quest on Phobos where you have to kill the Oryx Echo. There are burners in the ceiling, the floor is lava and you get swarmed. I'm struggling to do it solo o.0

ocean

Banned
Once all the Taken War and Wolves on Mars and Petra missions are accounted for, how many missions did TTK add to the Director?

FiraB

Banned
Are you doing heroic strikes, or just any mission/patrol?
Normal strikes.

Heroric strikes once you do the daily and/or the do 5 quest-line are pointless because the light level of rewards mostly scales based off your light level, you still have a chance at lower armor/attack but you can really strike it lucky with blues and get 300 armor/atk values which makes simple farming well worth it.

Also you get that nice strike bonus for repeating them which ups the drop chance off majors and ultras, so the faster you burn strikes the more you get ;)

I do patrols only when I want rep, no other reason besides quests and bounties to do em.

Raybunny

I wonder if, like Exotic engrams, Gunsmith Exotics drop at 310 if you earn it after your Light is 300.

A 310 Ace of Spades would be pure amazeballs

Will test it out on reset day with the chaperone. Lets see.

The
Darkhollow Mantle
Here are some links to pictures of it below, chose a very Batman-y shader for emphasis ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Love it! looks good.

You can only old 200 marks at a time but there is no cap for how many you can earn.

The new raid is good. Requires teamwork, effort, coordination. It got some intricate fights. Each encounter teaches you something new that you might or not need in the last boss. The Taken King story itself does the same.

200 marks is you can carry but u no limit on them. Raid is very fun but requires more communication then previous ones. Team work is mandatory.
Great to hear the new raid is good.

I think I've wasted a few marks since I got to 200 a little while ago. Oh well. I really should've known better.
Kills are 1, headshots are 2, kill streaks are a bunch, and deaths are -1

No clue, but we "Rumbled" it. Go into a rumble playlist with two buddies and have them let you kill them to complete the bounty. We got it in one match, but not sure how many kills we needed. Maybe 20 or so headshot kills with no deaths?
Ahhh must be the killstreaks that increases it so much. I played one match and went 20-10 and it barely went up and then I joined a match in progress and went 10-2 but with those 10 kills each being a 5 kill streak and the percentage went from like 65% to 89%

rc213

Nice fucking end to my night.

Decided to start a couple level 1 CoO. After a few a group of 3 showed up helped me with a few until a level 2 dropped for me. Then they started two more then two level 3.

No great loot but that was awesome.

Oh snap Eris with a 300 Light Artifact!!!! Score!!!

Damn she dropping loot. Reciprocal, Antiquated and Stolen Rune!

I'm all the way at 273 light and the only legendary weapons I've gotten are 2 crappy ARs. Well, this one is actually pretty good but only 200 light.

7LN5zec.png

zewone

Exotic sword quest complete.

Now we play the waiting game.

The waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
FYI sealed ahamkara + gambler's dagger does = 3 throwing knives
I'm all the way at 273 light and the only legendary weapons I've gotten are 2 crappy ARs. Well, this one is actually pretty good but only 200 light.

7LN5zec.png
you gotta infuse that thing bro

zewone

I got a few exotic engrams from strikes today, with 3oc, going to wait for my light to be over 300 to open.

At 296 now. I hope the raid is kind to me.

J-bo

Oryx down! Took about 4 hours after another 4-5 yesterday but the bastard is dead. Now what to do with the useless hand cannon

zewone

Oh and by the way, the raid is fucking awesome.

Best encounters yet... But Luke Smith is a little too obsessed with
platforming

Zocano

Oh and by the way, the raid is fucking awesome.

Best encounters yet... But Luke Smith is a little too obsessed with
platforming

I want more of it

I also want the raids to be longer and ramp up in "gear check" more instead of just being able to be done right at release.

rc213

Damn Eris gave me some love today all the Runes and 2 300 light Artifacts with different stats.

Damn Ghost at 283 is dragging me dooooooooown.

KxoZz

Can anyone detail the quest steps for the Touch of Malice? Can't watch videos for another 6 hours or so.
Gonna get that this week. Need it so much.

Top Bottom