• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
WHOA... so you only need to consume another ToC after you collect your stash of exotic engram drops... so you can pop one... kill him over and over and amass a stack of engrams... then collect and only need to pop another ToC after you do so?!? Yeah... shit will be patched soon!! lol

No. Your consumable is used when you kill the guy. But let's say he dropped an Exotic. You leave it on the floor, use another Coin...and it will trigger the "stack" thinking your previous kill didn't give you an exotic.

So you're still using one coin per kill, but by not picking them up you're fooling the game into making each Coin raise the probability for a drop "because last one didn't work".

Interesting theory, but it's just confirmation bias until more people report a better-than-1/5 chance using this method.

Deku Tree

Has anyone tried the three of coins cheese in Gorgons? Gorgons are Ultras... Gorgons might be much faster than either Draksis or GL if it works...

LtOrange

There is a part of me that hopes this gets patched before I get off work tonight. I don't want to farm for engrams, but I am too weak to not exploit this.

Someone explain this to me please.

The buff goes when you kill the Ultra. So what exactly stacks?
I believe it means with each coin use, the chances of you getting an exotic stacks. That resets when you pick up an Exotic Engram.

So the post is saying don't pick them up until you are completely done and heading out of the mission to hand them in.

Carl

PSA: When doing the Three of Coin trick, DO NOT pick up engrams until you are entirely finished. Your stacking enhanced drop chance buff doesn't reset until you pick up the engram! You do still have to use a coin each time however.

Fuck if only I read this 10 mins ago

Lee

Seriously considering going home sick before this gets patched. You could very easily spend a few hours on this and get every single year 2 exotic. Unbelievable.

I bought 10 engrams.

2x Emperyon Garbage
1x Feathered Warlock Helm
1x Third Man Mask
1x Helm of Inmost Light
5x Helm of St. 14

I've never been served well by buying a lot of Xur engrams and this is no different. Only plus to getting FIVE St. 14s is that I have one with PvP perks and one with PvE perks.

im pumped to try this exploit... normally, i wouldn't "cheat" but after dumping like 1,000 hours into this game and running the same gear forever, i'm ready to get on some new shit asap. i've grinded enough, I WANT SOME REWARDS.

also, if this works it will make me feel better about being an idiot and wasting like 100+ coins on heavy engrams this morning only to then realize it was for year 1 weapons only. god did that piss me off.

I opened probably 8 engrams and got all year 1 stuff. Granted it's year 2 values but zzzzzzzzz

Oh and a year two hawkmoon

Is there any difference between a year 1 and year 2 hawkmoon in PVP?

ocean

Banned
Seriously considering going home sick before this gets patched. You could very easily spend a few hours on this and get every single year 2 exotic. Unbelievable.
I doubt anyone is blowing enough Strange Coins to spend more than an hour on Darksis. Time isn't even the issue. Assuming 1/5 holds steady in aggregate, you're basically paying 35 Strange Coins for a random Exotic (pray you don't get dupes)

stb

Has anyone tried the three of coins cheese in Gorgons? Gorgons are Ultras... Gorgons might be much faster than either Draksis or GL if it works...

I wasn't thinking Gorgons, but was wondering about other non-boss ultras. Gorgons would be amazing.

Carl

I doubt anyone is blowing enough Strange Coins to spend more than an hour on Darksis. Time isn't even the issue. Assuming 1/5 holds steady in aggregate, you're basically paying 35 Strange Coins for a random Exotic (pray you don't get dupes)

7 coins for a random exotic. They come in a bundle of 5

Juraash

Dunno if I'll roll the dice on the 3 or Coins or the year 3 engram but I may spring for the Warlock gloves when I get home. I'm warming up to Stormcaller more now and the gloves seem pretty good.

7 out of my 9 helmet rolls from Xur were Insurmountable Skullfort. Wtf.

My first was Skull fort then I got Bellicose. :)

Then Graviton for my Hunter. :D

I didn't even think of buying the 3 of coins. I'm not really into the idea of exotics dropping all willy-nilly. Seems like that takes a lot of fun out of the game to me. Not knocking anyone that enjoys it, just my 2 cents.

LTWood12

Do exotic engrams go to the postmaster.

If I have two ps4s activated and I try to login on a third, will it let me and automatically deactivate another? Considering enlisting one of you for my cause.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

DESTINY SCIENCE

No. You need to pop a coin every single time. But because you didn't pick up the exotic yet the game registers the 3oC as a dud, adding to your chance on the next 3oC. The actual 3oC buff disappears the second you kill an ultra.

No, you need to pop another TOC after every kill regardless of looting an exotic.

No. Your consumable is used when you kill the guy. But let's say he dropped an Exotic. You leave it on the floor, use another Coin...and it will trigger the "stack" thinking your previous kill didn't give you an exotic.

So you're still using one coin per kill, but by not picking them up you're fooling the game into making each Coin raise the probability for a drop "because last one didn't work".

Interesting theory, but it's just confirmation bias until more people report a better-than-1/5 chance using this method.

Ohhhhh, ok makes more sense. I hope it sticks around for a day or so.

Jinjo

I bought 10 engrams.

2x Emperyon Garbage
1x Feathered Warlock Helm
1x Third Man Mask
1x Helm of Inmost Light
5x Helm of St. 14

I've never been served well by buying a lot of Xur engrams and this is no different. Only plus to getting FIVE St. 14s is that I have one with PvP perks and one with PvE perks.

Yeah, it's not a supercheap way to get exotics. It's just that so many people are loaded with Strange Coins that's making this seem broken. Myself I only have 200 SC or something so I'll probably play the helm engram lottery more. Not sure yet.

Bradach

So, this eye of the gate lord trick.

When do I blow myself up? I seem to be doing it too late because when I respawn the mission is still over which means I have to reload it from the start.

Wallach

It's 7 Strange Coins per 5 Three of Coins, so at 20% chance it'd be 7 per random exotic engram.

The only real exploit here I guess is time spent to actually consume the buffs, so if they do anything I suspect they will make the buff only work on Strike bosses, maybe only in playlists & raid or something.

ocean

Banned
So, this eye of the gate lord trick.

When do I blow myself up? I seem to be doing it too late because when I respawn the mission is still over which means I have to reload it from the start.
Gate Lord requires to orbit in a hurry post kill then loading back. I have no idea why people are going there.

Darknis (boss at the end of Scourge of Winter), weaken him, then get up close and kill him/commit suicide with a rocket

Zoidberg

So I was worried about the Jade Rabbit's mag size, but the unique perk is actually pretty interesting. It seems like 2 body shots followed by a precision shot refills the mag. So if you adjust to it, you could keep the mag going for a while.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ended up with 2 exotic engrams from Draksis in 14 tries. Results were Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan) and Jade Rabbit (primary scout rifle).

I ain't mad.

Klyka

Banned
Just got two exotics drop out of one gatelord :O

So far I got one year 2 voidfang vestments (meh) and 1 Supercell arc primary which is pretty noice.

Top Bottom