• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

darthbob

Just woke up and I am so confused. What exploit is everyone talking about?

Not really an exploit, but whatevs.

People replaying the Scourge of Winter mission on Venus and farming Draksis kills to get an Exotic Engram drop using the Three of Coins consumable from Xur.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is there a post explaining it?

Start the Scourge of Winter mission

1) Equip Ice Breaker and a rocket launcher
2) Use a 3 of coins
3) Approach door with Draksis and shoot him 4 times in the head with IB
4) Rush him and kill him with rocket launcher point blank
5) watch the goodies fall

BraXzy

EDIT: My science might be off, I might have got this wrong so don't feel bad if you didn't try it. Sorry folks, I thought something changed but I don't think it did :(

nOoblet16

Alright, I'm going to ask this again.
I need two more people for the raid in 3 hours....anyone who does not have a team just PM me with your PSN id.

Baliis

PSA: When doing the Three of Coin trick, DO NOT pick up engrams until you are entirely finished. Your stacking enhanced drop chance buff doesn't reset until you pick up the engram! You do still have to use a coin each time however.

Okay, that's probably a bit broken then lol

Bizazedo

PSA: When doing the Three of Coin trick, DO NOT pick up engrams until you are entirely finished. Your stacking enhanced drop chance buff doesn't reset until you pick up the engram! You do still have to use a coin each time however.
No fucking way does that last until I get home.

Seil

Used 5 coins at Draksis, got a Monte Carlo. Was hoping for something that wasn't an AR, but not gonna complain either haha.

At what point in a strike do I use the three of coins?

Before the boss basically. In general, you use it before you intend to kill an Ultra like a strike boss or Draksis.

SHIT. A couple minutes too late to read this >.<

Deku Tree

You are saying if the engram goes to the postmaster then you don't lose the stacking buff? How do you know? People are testing? Lol if true.

Definity

Alright, I'm going to ask this again.
I need two more people for the raid in 3 hours....anyone who does not have a team just PM me with your PSN id.

I can join right at when the raid opens but will only have two hours and will need to leave. Is that OK? If not, I understand.

2) Use a 3 of coins

Don't mean to be dense, but are you saying kill yourself so that you do it over and over? sorry I am http

also do you run it on regular or hard?

TP-DK

I got four exotic special engrams from doing the 3oC trick. They turned into 2x Hereafter and 2x 4th Horseman.. I also got three Insomountable Skullfort and two Alpha Lupi for Titan.

So. Many. Duplicates.

But who am I to complain, I think just today I got 12 different exotics.

hydruxo

Yeah this is def getting nerfed/patched

nOoblet16

I can join right at when the raid opens but will only have two hours and will need to leave. Is that OK? If not, I understand.
Considering it will be a blind raid I don't think we'll be able to finish in 2 hours and it might be tough to find someone to join us at that time. I don't really care but I'm not sure if any of the new raid mechanic will make things harder for us (atleast at this early stage) if we have less than 6 people.

BraXzy

The buff has a small symbol next to it to indicate the drop chance you're on. Not sure what it starts on, but it seems to cap at IX.

I got halfway through my coin stack before I noticed the increased buff stayed because I hadn't yet grabbed the engram. I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure that's what is happening.

WHOA... so you only need to consume another ToC after you collect your stash of exotic engram drops... so you can pop one... kill him over and over and amass a stack of engrams... then collect and only need to pop another ToC after you do so?!? Yeah... shit will be patched soon!! lol

Meffer

Buy and heavy weapon exotic engram for 31 coins and its fucking Dragon's Breath. Are you fucking kidding me, Bungie?!

Jinjo

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

DESTINY SCIENCE

WHOA... so you only need to consume another ToC after you collect your stash of exotic engram drops... so you can pop one... kill him over and over and amass a stack of engrams... then collect and only need to pop another ToC after you do so?!? Yeah... shit will be patched soon!! lol

No. You need to pop a coin every single time. But because you didn't pick up the exotic yet the game registers the 3oC as a dud, adding to your chance on the next 3oC. The actual 3oC buff disappears the second you kill an ultra.

The buff has a small symbol next to it to indicate the drop chance you're on. Not sure what it starts on, but it seems to cap at IX.

I got halfway through my coin stack before I noticed the increased buff stayed because I hadn't yet grabbed the engram. I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure that's what is happening.

So you could pop a bunch to get to ToC level IX... then keep running him over and over with the max exotic drop rate before collecting! oh man i need Bungie to let this go for 10 more hours please lol

2) Use a 3 of coins
Do you pop a 3 of coins after each reset? So you pop a coin, go into the room, kill him/suicide and then do it again when you respawn?

Buy and heavy weapon exotic engram for 31 coins and its fucking Dragon's Breath. Are you fucking kidding me, Bungie?!
Read on reddit that the heavy engram is Year 1 weapon.

Kyoufu

Someone explain this to me please.

The buff goes when you kill the Ultra. So what exactly stacks?

Definity

Considering it will be a blind raid I don't think we'll be able to finish in 2 hours and it might be tough to find someone to join us at that time. I don't really care but I'm not sure if any of the new raid mechanic will make things harder for us (atleast at this early stage) if we have less than 6 people.

No worries. You can put me on standby if you can't find others that have more time to commit to it. I just have way too much stuff to do today. :(

I'm on your friends list.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

No, you need to pop another TOC after every kill regardless of looting an exotic.

Wallach

The buff always says IX. It stands for the Nine (the guys noodle-face works for). The buff should go away the instant you kill an Ultra capable of dropping loot.

Top Bottom