• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Bradach

Nice! Yea I had it and used it for 1 mission then used whatever that had better light that replaced it. I'm definitely infusing mine now because I miss it.

Does yours have the same perks? Stability and unflinching?
Yeah, same perks. It's my highest primary atm and I'm loving it

Jinjo

So is the recommended light level for the raid 295? I'm sitting at 292 atm I know I can reach 295 but rngesus refuses to give me good boots!
You'll be fine. Having good guns is the most important. A good sniper rifle is pretty much essential against bosses.

Impulsor

So is the recommended light level for the raid 295? I'm sitting at 292 atm I know I can reach 295 but rngesus refuses to give me good boots!

The game says its 290, we got through two bosses with people at 290 to 295 yesterday, we ended up going up a level or two because of raid gear.

nOoblet16

I was all for the gothic "royal undead" Hive vibe as a juxtaposition to the other alien stuff when the game launched... but yea after Crota i was tired of it. The dreadnaught is largely an eyesore as well when Saturn isn't in view. There are however some places in the Raid that are drop dead gorgeous and I'm glad for them.

I don't know if we'll get a Fallen Raid anytime soon since they're currently in disarray. We broke all of the Vex clocks and the Hive have lost two gods now. A Cabal raid makes the most sense at this point [unfortunately]. Their crashed ship is very atmospheric, but they're incredibly annoying to fight.

It's too bad House of Wolves didn't have a Fallen raid. I feel like they gave us 3 cool Raid-like weapons and a bunch of armor and now it's just forgotten about.

Sunless cell has some pretty cool locations though.

Ji66a-Man

We did it. Fuck you and your whole family Oryx.

Thanks to Jigga and Mindlog for the help. Everybody for the group effort throughout the whole thing. Going to need like 20 Red Bulls to stay awake.

Guardians still haven't killed the Taken Queen yet, so Queen's Revenge for the next raid.

zewone

I was all for the gothic "royal undead" Hive vibe as a juxtaposition to the other alien stuff when the game launched... but yea after Crota i was tired of it. The dreadnaught is largely an eyesore as well when Saturn isn't in view. There are however some places in the Raid that are drop dead gorgeous and I'm glad for them.

I don't know if we'll get a Fallen Raid anytime soon since they're currently in disarray. We broke all of the Vex clocks and the Hive have lost two gods now. A Cabal raid makes the most sense at this point [unfortunately]. Their crashed ship is very atmospheric, but they're incredibly annoying to fight.

It's too bad House of Wolves didn't have a Fallen raid. I feel like they gave us 3 cool Raid-like weapons and a bunch of armor and now it's just forgotten about.
House of Wolves was a mistake.

Prison of Elders seems like the same B team who put together Crotas End couldn't pull it together and get another half ass raid in time for contractual obligations. So we got *shudder* Prison of Elders with assets from the raid. We as fans are now deprived of a true Fallen themed raid for some time.

TTK is such a huge step forward for the games PVE. I hope to see the same standards held for all further releases and for PVP to get the same love PVE did.

No ones sure exactly how it works yet whether a close to 300 sniper negates the low overall light etc..I'm in the same position no boots will drop past 285 light so I'm stuck on 291 but my 1000yd stare is at 297

Edit sorry I was on about just Oyrx. 295 is good

ocean

Banned
288+ is enough to load in. Oryx is def. easier if the team averages 295 or above though. My first Oryx clear had a 291 and I was 294 for what it's worth.

House of Wolves was a mistake.

Prison of Elders seems like the same B team who put together Crotas End couldn't pull it together and get another half ass raid in time for contractual obligations. So we got *shudder* Prison of Elders with assets from the raid. We as fans are now deprived of a true Fallen themed raid for some time.

TTK is such a huge step forward for the games PVE. I hope to see the same standards held for all further releases and for PVP to get the same love PVE did.

Honestly they shouldn't do small DLC packs anymore, or if they do they shouldn't charge 20 fucking dollars. TTK definitely makes the first two "expansions" look like a ripoff and I think the community should not hesitate in being vocal about it for the sake of the game going forward. That also goes for the emote pack, which had half of its content invalidated on arrival because of the light system. TTK I think is worth its price, but nothing else they have released thus far has been.

I'm also bothered by the fact that the Fallen were wasted in the Prison of Elders.

zewone

Honestly they shouldn't do small DLC packs anymore, or if they do they shouldn't charge 20 fucking dollars. TTK definitely makes the first two "expansions" look like a ripoff and I think the community should not hesitate in being vocal about it for the sake of the game going forward.
Give me another $40 expansion in 3 or 4 months. I could play Destiny forever if the content keeps coming like TTK.

nOoblet16

Honestly they shouldn't do small DLC packs anymore, or if they do they shouldn't charge 20 fucking dollars. TTK definitely makes the first two "expansions" look like a ripoff and I think the community should not hesitate in being vocal about it for the sake of the game going forward. That also goes for the emote pack, which had half of its content invalidated on arrival because of the light system. TTK I think is worth its price, but nothing else they have released thus far has been.

I'm also bothered by the fact that the Fallen were wasted in the Prison of Elders.

I think TTK is worth $40, but that $20 for bonus stuff was a shameless rip off, you get 3 shaders, 3 emotes and 3 class items (all of which get invalidated and look like shit too, who thought an exotic hunter cape should be the short type?). $20 for the previous "expansions" was expensive a;ready, who in their right mind thought to price these bonus at that same price ?

Are there any other emotes beside these three? Seems like a waste to have had this emote selection otherwise.

bitsurugi

probably the most fun i've ever had doing a raid boss. stream made it twice as fun as well. thanks everyone!

1%ERS!

we wiped when he was at 1% like 6 times lol

W00t! Congratz guys! Didn't see the end (was like 4am and more here, lol), but was sure lots of fun and you had the worst luck i have ever seen on Oryx, glad you got him down!

Acidote

Is there any quest artifact I can obtain? I've been stuck with a 266 light one like forever.

And I need to up my light level, I'm only 285.

We did it. Fuck you and your whole family Oryx.

Thanks to Jigga and Mindlog for the help. Everybody for the group effort throughout the whole thing. Going to need like 20 Red Bulls to stay awake.

Congrats Kadey!
What did you get for the kill?

ocean

Banned
I feel TTK has the first Strikes which really feel like Strikes. Puzzles and coordination and super unique bosses with movement patterns and abilities we haven't seen before instead of just XL versions of normal enemies.

When HoW dropped and I realized there was literally a single Strike included I was legit shook. Like...wha?

PoE vs. a Raid: I think PoE was an OK alternative, as a concept. But they dropped the ball. The whole point should have been to make an endgame activity which people could play on a whim. Instead of coordinating with 6 people, matchmake into a Strike-sized Fireteam for a dynamic challenge.

They seriously dropped the ball. Why on earth have static round combos? Every time PoE 32 had X boss, the preceding rounds were going to be the same. That's dumb. It gets boring, fast. And the amount of bosses is paltry considering they aren't that special (mostly XL dudes). I loved the Flame Prince and the rainbow shield Val but they could have come up with at least a dozen bosses with a gimmick.

As for Skolas: NO FUCKIN ROTATION ON 5 ROUNDS?? Oh my god I can't even. It was so boring, such a drag. It's incomprehensible. Why oh why. Since we were under leveled, it's the only one I consider maybe could have been Raid tier in terms of no matchmaking - maybe. But it was just such a drag to*get* to Skolas that I never wanted to do it. Skolas itself, post burn, was super fun. Not disappointed in that.

But the repetition in what was supposed to be the fresh, dynamic PvE content just made it a stillborn once we had 3 34s a week into the expansion.

Honestly without Mercury I think the community would have thinned something fierce during the summer. I hope we don't get 2 more small DLCs; I'd rather wait for a real one.

A TTK-sized campaign, without a post Taken War ish ordeal, new maps without new PvP modes, a new Raid or a well designed Arena and 2 good Strikes is the base minimum an Expansion should have.

Efficiency rating of the Subclasses for King's Fall:

S Tier
  • Defender Titan - Bubbles are love. Bubbles are life.
  • Nightstalker Hunter - I can handle anything.

A Tier
  • Sunbreaker Titan - I'm a tank and i make everything go boom.
  • Sunsinger Warlock - Grenades for days.

B Tier
  • Stormcaller Warlock - Unlimited Power for add control.
  • Voidwalker Warlock - Slightly less cool add control.

C Tier
  • Gunslinger Hunter - I can make some orbs on that one yellow bar guy.
  • Striker Titan - Let me jump into a bunch of adds with my super.
  • Bladedancer Hunter - what am i even doing here.

Waldini

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Damn you Boolean Gemini! Damn you Queen's Wrath reputation.

I don't get it. Friend of mine is Rank 2 and got the weapon. I'm rank 2,5 and didn't get anything. O well, time to focus on another gun I suppose.

There's no way of fixing the Quest is there GAF?

.... really wanted the Exotic Scout Rifle to "boost" my Warlock. Guess that aint happening.

ocean

Banned
I'd leave Defender as the only S tier and drop Nightstalker down with Sunbreaker to A.

By sheer virtue of the following test: if you had to run it with 6x 1 class, which should it be? For every phase, I'd say Defender. Or viewed otherwise, I can't imagine a situation where a group would say "we would be having an easier time with an extra Nightstalker" vs "we could really use another bubble for DPS".

I did it as a Nightstalker and I had fun and felt like my tether was really helping out, just like Hammers were. But I don't think it was as essential a component to consistent, reliable DPS when it matters as WoL bubbles were.

I agree with you Zoba. Sunsinger is still the best class for PVE for Warlocks, Voidwalkers and Stromcallers don't make enough orbs. But if Fireborn still had Orbs when activated for Self Rez, I would make an argument for them to be S-Tier.

Impulsor

Efficiency rating of the Subclasses for King's Fall:

S Tier
  • Defender Titan
  • Nightstalker Hunter

A Tier
  • Sunbreaker Titan
  • Sunsinger Warlock

B Tier
  • Stormcaller Warlock
  • Voidwalker Warlock

C Tier
  • Gunslinger Hunter
  • Striker Titan
  • Bladedancer Hunter

So true. We were 4 hunters and two warlocks yesterday. We were taking turns with the bow and it made a huge difference.

Gonna need to do the Nightfall at some point later today. Are the rewards from this account wide? Or is there still a point in running it on 3 characters. Not that I have 3 characters ready :p

What's the best method to fast track from 274 to 290+?

My warlock is still rocking 255-275 secondary, gloves, boots and artifact.

I got to 291 just by running vanguard heroic strikes, though it probably didn't hurt to use the Three of Coins trick (got a 290 exotic weapon and a 290 exotic armor through engrams) and buy the 280 vanguard ghost shell (haven't even seen a ghost drop that was above 240ish).

LFG cracks me up. One listing says

"LF1M for Oryx. Be experienced with the fight because we will not explain it."

lol, amongst many other things wrong with this mentality the raid came out 3 days ago. smh.

Morning gaf. Quick question. Are Calcified Fragments account wide ?

No.

I got to 291 just by running vanguard heroic strikes, though it probably didn't hurt to use the Three of Coins trick (got a 290 exotic weapon and a 290 exotic armor through engrams) and buy the 280 vanguard ghost shell (haven't even seen a ghost drop that was above 240ish).

Yea that was some of the first things I did. Bought the 280 ghost shell and I'm rocking a 290 Suros and Alchemist Raiment.

Do you mean the 260 light playlist or lvl 36? If the former than what is the benefit beyond the 3 initial runs?

ocean

Banned
What's the best method to fast track from 274 to 290+?

My warlock is still rocking 255-275 secondary, gloves, boots and artifact.
1. Wearing your very best gear, run as many Strikes (no need for Heroic) as you can or Court of Oryx. Blue engrams will slowly increase in quality and little by little bump you.

2. Quest lines: the Ikora quest line ends up giving you the choice between a 300 Shotgun or a Fusion Rifle. The Eris Court of Oryx line pays off a 300 Artifact. Doing all the Petra/Cariks quests gives you a 290 Exotic Scout. Reaching Rank 3 with the Gunsmith gives you a 290 class-exclusive Exotic.

3. 3 of Coins if it doesn't get nerfed. By farming Exotic engrams with this method, all of which are 290, you get extremely good drops to Infuse your setup with.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Damn you Boolean Gemini! Damn you Queen's Wrath reputation.

I don't get it. Friend of mine is Rank 2 and got the weapon. I'm rank 2,5 and didn't get anything. O well, time to focus on another gun I suppose.

There's no way of fixing the Quest is there GAF?

.... really wanted the Exotic Scout Rifle to "boost" my Warlock. Guess that aint happening.

I don't think it's possible to get it until rank 3. Even if you did all her quests and didn't get it, as soon as you hit rank 3 she will have it there for you.

Thanks!
So I need to do the Warpriest today and will try to get the Fragments.
The last two steps seem pretty simple.

Add me for that Warpriest kill! I am missing one frag from the raid!

Edit: won't be in for a few hours though so if I m holding you up with that go on wo me :)

Top Bottom