• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
You guys, do you think that we will see an announcement of a season pass for Year 2 soon? And what are the odds that the supposedly Cabal themed DLC is coming out this year?

Kyoufu

You guys, do you think that we will see an announcement of a season pass for Year 2 soon? And what are the odds that the supposedly Cabal themed DLC is coming out this year?

I wonder how that would turn out. Cabal just seem so uninteresting to me.

Then again I wasn't a big fan of Hive either until TTK. Now they're my favourite.

GlamFM

Banned
Quick question regarding Raid-Loot and infusion.

No real spoilers - I´ll use tags just to be safe.

So I got the Raid ghost at 303 yesterday. I´ve seen a 307 version in the wild - my guess is it goes to 310.

How do I get there?

Will 300+ legendaries start to drop in the wild now that i can use for infusion or is my only chance to get 300+ legendary gear the raid?

ocean

Banned
Wait so let's say if I grind out the gunsmith( how do I do that?) and finish the quest, I need to wait till the next reset or armsday?
You do all the available weapon bounties. That's it. The other way of gaining rep is outside your control: there's some random drops from killing stuff (looks like a Fusion Rifle but goes to the inventory page and not gear) that you bring back to him for 200 rep, but you can't rely on that.

No need to wait tho. As soon as you hit rank 2 he'll have a weapon quest and at rank 3 he'll have another.

Note: his quest reward weapons (Legendary at rank 2, Exotic at rank 3) are class-specific. Hunters get an amazing Legendary sniper at rank 2 and the fantastic, Third Eye+Firefly Exotic HC at Rank 3 for example, and only a Hunter can equip them.

KxoZz

So I got the Raid ghost at 303 yesterday. I´ve seen a 307 version in the wild - my guess is it goes to 310.

How do I get there?

Will 300+ legendaries start to drop in the wild now that i can use for infusion or is my only chance to get 300+ legendary gear the raid?

Raid gear drops between 300 and 310. The guys you saw were just a bit more lucky with the def/atk roll. I got mine at 308 for example. Once you reach 300 light Exotic drops have a chance to drop at 310.

maomaoIYP

Wait so let's say if I grind out the gunsmith( how do I do that?) and finish the quest, I need to wait till the next reset or armsday?

As you play strikes you will occasionally see a white pyramid item that is marked on your HUD drop (I've only seen these drop in strikes). Picking it up shows a legendary fusion rifle icon, but it's marked as a relic with a series of numbers and alphabets like DVILAN-102718264. You can turn it into the gunsmith for 200 rep. The gunsmith quests are brokenly easy to do. Use an xp item, kill stuff (you can awake the hive here), then dismantle some blue/legendary gear (I used 2 year 1 legendaries) and you will get the gun instantly.

The hunter sniper rifle (stillpiercer) is possibly the best sniper rifle in year 2.

The last step of the exotic sword quest is a good representation of 1 step forward 2 steps back for TTK. The first parts of it are fun, and the quest system in general is a nice addition, but I'll be damned if farming materials is a good way to end this quest. Didn't Bungie figure out we hate this not too long ago? I've been farming helium for 30 minutes and have gotten 1 rare material -_-. I do not want to have to farm for 3 damn hours to finish this quest. Whoever thought this would be a good way to end the quest needs to be moved to a different department or have their quest making rights taken away.

ocean

Banned

How do I get there?

All raid drops are random between 300 and 310. Once your average Light level hits 300, Exotic Engrams (Xur/3oC) and I imagine NF Exotic rewards should be 310. You can use these to infuse your stuff to 310.

As for a Ghost? No clue if a 310 one can drop in the wild after you've reached 300. We'll have to wait and see.

My Ghost is still 280 :( with yours, I'd be over 300 Light already.

GlamFM

Banned
Raid gear drops between 300 and 310. The guys you saw were just a bit more lucky with the def/atk roll. I got mine at 308 for example. Once you reach 300 light. Exotic drops have a chance to drop at 310.

Weird to turn exotics into infusion currency that way. So 300 is the cap for legendary drops?

You know you wanna do it....

I'd love to but I need a break from the grind, Saturday was relentless strikes in a quest for boots or a helm (never happened). So all day yesterday was taking my hunter from scratch to nightfall

I'll try for a fresh run tonight for another shot at the ghost

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is anyone doing fresh raid later on? Like in 4 hours-ish?

I need some stuff in the beginning but don't need the loot as I've been through it, so anyone else could take my spot from there on out.

Reason being nobody seems to have a CP for it.

Or possibly a 6man group who need Fragment 26? XXIX or whatever could run it til we get it. Need start point tho.

maomaoIYP

I'd love to but I need a break from the grind, Saturday was relentless strikes in a quest for boots or a helm (never happened). So all day yesterday was taking my hunter from scratch to nightfall

I'll try for a fresh run tonight for another shot at the ghost

I'm surprised you didn't start with a hunter! Did you go warlock first?

The last step of the exotic sword quest is a good representation of 1 step forward 2 steps back for TTK. The first parts of it are fun, and the quest system in general is a nice addition, but I'll be damned if farming materials is a good way to end this quest. Didn't Bungie figure out we hate this not too long ago? I've been farming helium for 30 minutes and have gotten 1 rare material -_-. I do not want to have to farm for 3 damn hours to finish this quest. Whoever thought this would be a good way to end the quest needs to be moved to a different department or have their quest making rights taken away.

Eh, running around a map in circles is boring when you're on your own, but patrols are livelier now so it's not that bad in a group. With perks like Keen Scout and Ghosts that find mats, it's easier to farm now than it was at launch. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it if we didn't have to hold square so long to collect them.

How do I get there?

You can infuse using Exotics, too. Once you hit 300+ light, higher-level exotics should appear.

maomaoIYP

198 legendary marks. What should I do with them, apart from buying Y2 versions of my old exotics?

Damn, that's a lot of marks.
I would buy the 280 ghost for my alternate characters and infuse my favorite equipment. I'm of the opinion that buying stuff with marks is actually a waste of marks since they start at 280.

Is anyone doing fresh raid later on? Like in 4 hours-ish?

I need some stuff in the beginning but don't need the loot as I've been through it, so anyone else could take my spot from there on out.

Reason being nobody seems to have a CP for it.

Or possibly a 6man group who need Fragment 26? XXIX or whatever could run it til we get it. Need start point tho.

I need the fragment XXXIII near the
jumping puzzle
so if anyone have the checkpoint after
Gorgoroth
killed It would be awesome.

I tried to get the checkpoint via my alt, never got it.. have this been patched out? in VOG or Crota we could just join, die and leave and still get the checkpoint, seems I could not do that here..

Raybunny

12 more sword kills and its time to farm mats. Will the sword be 290 as any other exotic or 310 if you are over 300? I don't expect an answer on this still too soon.

ocean

Banned
How can I get some Eris rep? I need like 300 more rep for Rank 5, and I have a strong feeling Touch of Malice quest line won't move forward if you don't have rank 5. -.- (judging from Petra not wanting to give me Boolean until rank 3)

Just speculating but better safe than sorry

I'm surprised you didn't start with a hunter! Did you go warlock first?

Yep, I did it mainly with PvE in mind but should have done it last. As much fun as storm-caller is it doesn't bring much to the table in the raid, or in general with the orb nerf. Skyburner, sword and nightstalker is where it's at

198 legendary marks. What should I do with them, apart from buying Y2 versions of my old exotics?

I'm at this stage. Thanks to Draksis the only weapons I need to bring through that are available are Red Death and Thunderlord, will probably go for the Lord

How can I get some Eris rep? I need like 300 more rep for Rank 5, and I have a strong feeling Touch of Malice quest line won't move forward if you don't have rank 5. -.- (judging from Petra not wanting to give me Boolean until rank 3)

A quick Crota run gives you 250

GlamFM

Banned
For the love of god Bungie - WTF!

Thought this would never happen again...

tDqXauv.jpg

Tecnniqe

Banned
I need the fragment XXXIII near the
jumping puzzle
so if anyone have the checkpoint after Gorgoroth killed It would be awesome.

I tried to get the checkpoint via my alt, never got it.. have this been patched out? in VOG or Crota we could just join, die and leave and still get the checkpoint, seems I could not do that here..
The one I need is by the
straight moving hive ships between platforms

Crota's End gives Crota's Bane rep.

I wish PoE gave Queen's Wrath rep, I'm stuck at 30 points short of rank 3 and she won't give me my scout rifle. :'(

Raybunny

CoO that like 12 runs on T1 mode ( gives 25 rep each victory).

Nobody knows yet.

Will try it out soon then.

T

Supposedly the Cabal finally get center stage with one of the upcoming expansions this year so we'll see what they do. Hopefully they develop the Cabal a bit more and we get something interesting.

What is bungies plans with Destiny now? This is the first I've heard of a Cabal expansion.

ocean

Banned
Thanks!

But just remembered: finding a Calcified Fragment gives you some rep right? I need to go find 30 more of those so hopefully they'll be enough to tip me over to rank 5.

I'll need to do some CoO anyways cause I need a decent Ghost ASAP. It's my only sub-290 piece

Top Bottom