• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

What is bungies plans with Destiny now? This is the first I've heard of a Cabal expansion.

The leaked roadmap circulating earlier showed that the next expansion would be Vex-based, and the one after that based on the Cabal.

The way they've been playing up the Cabal during this one makes me suspect it's definitely in the pipeline: so much references to their Emperor and empire, and with the death of the brothers they no longer have any ranking officers in the solar system.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Any of the TTK scout rifles have the full auto mode perk? I miss using the Vision of Confluence and my Parallax is great but the lack of auto is horrible. Wish we could reforge. :(

So what do you guys think is the minimum Light to shoot for on Alts to enter the Raid and get the first few drops?

We did our blind raid with a 285 and a 287 and made it up to gogoroth before calling it a night. Warpriest was tight but that was mainly because some people never had snipers, so anywhere in the 280 region should be good if you transfer your high level guns

ocean

Banned
This Vanilla Grimoire card is fascinating. I think this is Toland telling us about the Hive and their sword logic. How we do not worship this basic rule of strength trumping all (but out there, they do).

This is probably my favorite Grimoire card right now.

"I drive myself to the edge of madness trying to explain the truth.

It's so simple. Elegant like a knife point. It explains - this is not hyperbole, this is the farthest thing from exaggeration - EVERYTHING.

But you lay it out and they stare at you like you've just been exhaling dust. Maybe they're missing some underlying scaffold of truth. Maybe they are all propped on a bed of lies that must be burned away.

Why does anything exist?

No no no no no don't reach for that word. There's no 'reason'. That's teleology and teleology will stitch your eyelids shut.

Why do we have atoms? Because atomic matter is more stable than the primordial broth. Atoms defeated the broth. That was the first war. There were two ways to be and one of them won. And everything that came next was made of atoms.

Atoms made stars. Stars made galaxies. Worlds simmered down to rock and acid and in those smoking primal seas the first living molecule learned to copy itself. All of this happened by the one law, the blind law, which exists without mind or meaning. It's the simplest law but it has no worshippers here (out there, though, out there - !)

HOW DO I EXPLAIN IT it's so simple WHY DON'T YOU SEE

Imagine three great nations under three great queens. The first queen writes a great book of law and her rule is just. The second queen builds a high tower and her people climb it to see the stars. The third queen raises an army and conquers everything.

The future belongs to one of these queens. Her rule is harshest and her people are unhappy. But she rules.

This explains everything, understand? This is why the universe is the way it is, and not some other way. Existence is a game that everything plays, and some strategies are winners: the ability to exist, to shape existence, to remake it so that your descendants - molecules or stars or people or ideas - will flourish, and others will find no ground to grow.

And as the universe ticks on towards the close, the great players will face each other. In the next round there will be three queens and all of them will have armies, and now it will be a battle of swords - until one discovers the cannon, or the plague, or the killing word.

Everything is becoming more ruthless and in the end only the most ruthless will remain (LOOK UP AT THE SKY) and they will hunt the territories of the night and extinguish the first glint of competition before it can even understand what it faces or why it has transgressed. This is the shape of victory: to rule the universe so absolutely that nothing will ever exist except by your consent. This is the queen at the end of time, whose sovereignty is eternal because no other sovereign can defeat it. And there is no reason for it, no more than there was reason for the victory of the atom. It is simply the winning play.

Of course, it might be that there was another country, with other queens, and in this country they sat down together and made one law and one tower and one army to guard their borders. This is the dream of small minds: a gentle place ringed in spears.

But I do not think those spears will hold against the queen of the country of armies. And that is all that will matter in the end."

I'd leave Defender as the only S tier and drop Nightstalker down with Sunbreaker to A.

Yep, exactly this.

More importantly I base it on class selection, not subclass, since we play the raid as a given class each run. The point is you can swap subclasses depending on the encounter as needed, which makes Titan even stronger.
The one encounter they specifically tried to counteract Defenders also has Sunbreakers as the strongest overall subclass. For Hunters, there's really no reason to ever swap off NStalker which is fine but also a weakness of the overall class for PvE.

12 more sword kills and its time to farm mats. Will the sword be 290 as any other exotic or 310 if you are over 300? I don't expect an answer on this still too soon.

You wanna "farm" sword kills later on? I need to finish that part as well :p

How can I get some Eris rep? I need like 300 more rep for Rank 5, and I have a strong feeling Touch of Malice quest line won't move forward if you don't have rank 5. -.- (judging from Petra not wanting to give me Boolean until rank 3)

Just speculating but better safe than sorry

CoO, higher the rune, more the rep.

Raybunny

You wanna "farm" sword kills later on? I need to finish that part as well :p

CoO, higher the rune, more the rep.

Until we fill up a group for the raid, I will be doing that. Would like to finish the quest until tomorrow. So wednesday on armsday I get it.

Oh I know I just meant it's strange that the Light cap on dropped blues and Legendaries would be the same

List the ghosts you need ma man so after the raid ones we will farm for the others.

Until we fill up a group for the raid, I will be doing that. Would like to finish the quest until tomorrow. So wednesday on armsday I get it.

List the ghosts you need ma man so after the raid ones we will farm for the others.

Sword kills
Fragments
Hadium farm

We can group up. I'll be online in about 30 mins.

I have checkpoints for gorgoroth maze and piston jumping puzzle as well.

ocean

Banned
Yep, exactly this.

More importantly I base it on class selection, not subclass, since we play the raid as a given class each run. The point is you can swap subclasses depending on the encounter as needed, which makes Titan even stronger.
The one encounter they specifically tried to counteract Defenders also has Sunbreakers as the strongest overall subclass. For Hunters, there's really no reason to ever swap off NStalker which is fine but also a weakness of the overall class for PvE.
NS and SB are both so amazingly cool and useful. But a super which basically adds 2 extra people's DPS to your boss fights is really hard to beat :p

Our successful run had 2 people die near the end at Oryx. I'm 100% sure WoL was the absolute only way DPS could so quickly be compensated for and save the day. No topping that. A balanced team profits from some variety, but I think lacking a Defender hurts a team way more than lacking any other class would.

Is anyone doing fresh raid later on? Like in 4 hours-ish?

I need some stuff in the beginning but don't need the loot as I've been through it, so anyone else could take my spot from there on out.

Reason being nobody seems to have a CP for it.

Or possibly a 6man group who need Fragment 26? XXIX or whatever could run it til we get it. Need start point tho.

I did the raid in a weird way and picked up a few boss kills including Oryx. Still need
Gorgoloth
and I wanna get all the fragments along the way.

Messiek

How about a group to start on the Daughters, around 2~4pm ET ?! Anyone up?

1. Messiek

I won't see the thread until 11am ET, so if you're in, quote and add your name. The last person creates a group message on psn.

nOoblet16

So what do you guys think is the minimum Light to shoot for on Alts to enter the Raid and get the first few drops?

Everything up until Golgoroth (who is 290 himself) is 280, so 270 would be able to play it just fine as that's about 24% damage penalty...which is less than one old (pre 2.0) light level. Each light level incurs a 2.5% damage penalty with 8 light level making it as 10% and 13 light level difference being equal to 1 old pre 2.0 level. This 2.5% reduction per light level is up to a certain point (I'd imagine 20 light level or so), after that your damage reduction isn't linear.

We tested all of this yesterday but Ray has the proper numbers on these.

Also being above the enemy light level doesn't mean you do extra damage...just like before. Except now your weapons are tied to y our personal light level meaning you won't have a situation like 365 Blackhammer/Horn burning through older enemies that were designed for 300/332 weapons.

ocean

Banned
Oh I need a ton. Let's get the Raid ones and then I'll tag along to help you finish the ones you need. For my remainder I can probably find them solo so you can work on for Sword.

ocean

Banned
Everything up until Golgoroth (who is 290 himself) is 280, so 270 would be able to play it just fine as that's about 24% damage penalty...which is less than one old (pre 2.0) light level.
Baby Titan is 285. Think I'll take him for a TTK ride as far as I can go without feeling I'm holding the team back. 200 Artifact choking him so hard :p he'd be 290 otherwise but I haven't done any quests so the Eris stuff is still far away for him

Edit: second double post. Gotta take it easy :p

Raybunny

Sword kills
Fragments
Hadium farm

We can group up. I'll be online in about 30 mins.

I have checkpoints for gorgoroth maze and piston jumping puzzle as well.

I am at work will be at home in 7 hours +/-. If you have time dont wait for me and go get those kills in crucible.

You starting from fresh, or using a later checkpoint?

From fresh since there are a few at the beginning.

Oh I need a ton. Let's get the Raid ones and then I'll tag along to help you finish the ones you need. For my remainder I can probably find them solo so you can work on for Sword.

Ok will do. I am using the reddit post and making a spreadsheet to list the ones I miss with the video associated with it. Should be fast.

level1

So what's the consensus on the 4th horseman? Got one from ToC farming on friday and wasn't too hyped since I heard it was kinda shit, but I've been playing around with it and it seems to kick ass..is there something I'm missing?

You starting from fresh, or using a later checkpoint?

If you want to assemble a team to open the first portal and make it to the warpriest, I'm in. As long as you don't mind me grabbing the chest and fragments on my alts :)

I am at work will be at home in 7 hours +/-. If you have time dont wait for me and go get those kills in crucible.

From fresh since there are a few at the beginning.

Ok will do. I am using the reddit post and making a spreadsheet to list the ones I miss with the video associated with it. Should be fast.

Cool, i'll be online and we can knock them out then.

Damn. Was hoping to get nightfall knocked off before reset tomorrow on my new hunter but got stuck at work for a few hours overtime. Definitely won't get near 280 now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the consensus on the 4th horseman? Got one from ToC farming on friday and wasn't too hyped since I heard it was kinda shit, but I've been playing around with it and it seems to kick ass..is there something I'm missing?

Full auto shotguns are godtier in PvE and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I still don't have it though because the game gave me like 5 primary exotic engrams yesterday. Haven't had a single exotic Special yet :(

How about a group to start on the Daughters, around 2~4pm ET ?! Anyone up?

1. Messiek

I won't see the thread until 11am ET, so if you're in, quote and add your name. The last person creates a group message on psn.

I'll join you later Messiek. It's in 8 hours if my timezone calculations is right

kiri

Didn't seem to get any replies to this so I'll ask JPN DestinyGAF again;

Japanese TTK preorder people - did you get your Suros items? I preordered my copy on the PSN store but have yet to receive anything :/

level1

Full auto shotguns are godtier in PvE and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I still don't have it though because the game gave me like 5 primary exotic engrams yesterday. Haven't had a single exotic Special yet :(

I know the feels. My other 5 engrams all turned into hunter alpha lupis :(

nOoblet16

imagine if armor piercing rounds sitll went through walls...
It even marks the targets around their head so you know exactly where to look and pre aim lol.

4th Horseman is a DPS juggernaut actually, meant for high level/shielded enemies...nothing really shit about it.

breakfuss

Didn't seem to get any replies to this so I'll ask JPN DestinyGAF again;

Japanese TTK preorder people - did you get your Suros items? I preordered my copy on the PSN store but have yet to receive anything :/

Aren't they with the quartermaster? I think you still have to buy them. I may be confusing pre-order bonuses though.

I desperately need to get my alts leveled up so that I can finish their raid clears for the week and get as prepped for Hard Mode as possible. Anyone know when that releases?

After alts are leveled, I can help as many raid teams as possible. I'm guessing many folks will have the strats down cleanly soon anyway.

I desperately need to get my alts leveled up so that I can finish their raid clears for the week and get as prepped for Hard Mode as possible. Anyone know when that releases?

After alts are leveled, I can help as many raid teams as possible. I'm guessing many folks will have the strats down cleanly soon anyway.

i was all ready to start leveling my titan after i beat the raid.

and then i got exotic quests...

this week though for sure i am looking forward to trying out the sunbreaker. kinda hoping i don't have to change roles in the raid too much though. i like my lofty perch.

Anyone else having issues with this faction smart loot. Just got my 5th, 6th and 7th Cloak for New Monarchy and even had one in my inventory when I started pumping in the heavy ammo

Top Bottom