• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

kiri

Aren't they with the quartermaster? I think you still have to buy them. I may be confusing pre-order bonuses though.

Not sure...well I do have issues with Postmaster/vendors from time to time;

Finished Moments of Triumph and got the Emblem
Was Year 1 from the beginning so got the Black shader/emblem/Sparrow
BUT....
Put in the Pirate code - told to pick up from Postmaster but have nothing.
Preordered from JPN PSN but no SUROS gear and now the preorder info page (and all other TTK stuff) is mysteriously absent from the PSN store.

Ambitious

nope

If you're lucky you'll finish it in 2 hours. Even with hunter loot vision it took close to 3

Sadly not.

You have to hand pick them from the ground for them to count. It's a long and tedious task.

Shit. If I just had a ghost that highlights relic iron. Speaker doesn't sell one either.

how much does it need?

Ten, but it's actually a new kind of material you can find within planetary materials. It's RNG, though. The drop chance is apparently about 10%.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Got up to Darkblade and halfed his health solo in the Nightfall, Died instantly to his charge attack...
Would anyone like to help me finish him off?

Help is appreciated ^^

PSN: TheGentleman2014

Send FR

Edit: No mic at the moment

Filled Agonarch rune.
Time to go find where it belongs.

Hit over 150 marks... tempted to buy something from Arach Stormare but need them for infusing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I want to see the damage of a full 4th Horseman clip emptied on a boss who has melting point and/or tether on him.

so lemme get this straight - melting point and blood bond both turn damage done to enemies into crits, correct? or is one better than the other?

Omni

Well I've used every subclass now.

Sunbreaker is the most satisfying new class. Love it.

Nightstalker absolutely craps on defender Titan in most situations, IMO. Honestly feels kinda OP in PvE content with the amount of orbs you're able to create. Active camo on demand seems a bit exploit-y too but that's just my feelings on the matter.

Stormcaller... Meh. Had a cool mission to get it but beyond that it doesn't seem to offer much more than Warlock's other classes. Should have given them a support role instead.

420bits

Put in the Pirate code - told to pick up from Postmaster but have nothing.

Didn't know this was a thing, so I googled it and thanks for the presumably 3 coins I will be getting in the future :D

Seems like many had problems of them not showing up but at some point they got them

And for others like me who missed it it was talk-like-a-pirate-day 2 days ago or so.
If you enter ARR-RRR-RRR as a code on https://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption you get 3 coins i think.

Ambitious

We need 2 more for Oryx raid till the warpriest.

PSN Jignxs

You're starting fresh? Could you guys to me a huge favor? I need the checkpoint for the
first jumping puzzle (the Hive ships)
. Could you send me an invite when you're there and let me grab it?

kiri

Didn't know this was a thing, so I googled it and thanks for the presumably 3 coins I will be getting in the future :D

Seems like many had problems of them not showing up but at some point they got them

And for others like me who missed it it was talk-like-a-pirate-day 2 days ago or so.
If you enter ARR-RRR-RRR as a code on https://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption you get 3 coins i think.

Glad I could help with that! I'll try looking for them again tonight when I get off work.

Has it been confirmed whether the heroic strike playlist can sometimes award 25 marks when on a streak or are people just confusing the quesr reward for completing 5?

inthrall

Hah, funny. Thanks for the coins!

I love the strike playlist until undying mind shows up.

Undying Mind is way better and way more fun than SABERmetrics. Especially if you get the Fallen version of the Warsat. The skiffs wipe teams like cream cheese on a bagel. It's not even funny.

I never thought I'd want to fight Taken so badly.

i was all ready to start leveling my titan after i beat the raid.

and then i got exotic quests...

this week though for sure i am looking forward to trying out the sunbreaker. kinda hoping i don't have to change roles in the raid too much though. i like my lofty perch.

I'll finish one exotic sword before Arms Day so I get it this week, Chaperone is already done. Raid exotic
just needs 25 Filaments and a bunch of Fragments, I'll get that eventually.

Not sure what you mean by lofty perch... as a NStalker? I love changing roles, it's essential to understanding overall class and encounter design. Another big reason I need to get my alts up, should be relatively quick with a bunch of high light weapons and blue armors, engrams, and focused light from my main.

Wallach

so lemme get this straight - melting point and blood bond both turn damage done to enemies into crits, correct? or is one better than the other?

The yellow numbers aren't actually crits (both your normal and critical damage are multiplied), just seems to be there to indicate the damage bonus is in effect. Melting Point appears to be a 50% base damage multiplier. I'm not sure how Blood Bond's works exactly.

You're starting fresh? Could you guys to me a huge favor? I need the checkpoint for the
first jumping puzzle (the Hive ships)
. Could you send me an invite when you're there and let me grab it?

I need the exact same thing, maybe I could join on you to grab it IF you get it?

Raybunny

Any of the TTK scout rifles have the full auto mode perk? I miss using the Vision of Confluence and my Parallax is great but the lack of auto is horrible. Wish we could reforge. :(

Nooblet got one full auto yesterday. That roll with high stability perk is godlike.

I desperately need to get my alts leveled up so that I can finish their raid clears for the week and get as prepped for Hard Mode as possible. Anyone know when that releases?

After alts are leveled, I can help as many raid teams as possible. I'm guessing many folks will have the strats down cleanly soon anyway.

Took me 3 hours on my hunter to boost it up to 297 using the weapons and ghost from the main. The same will surely happen with the Warlock.

Undying Mind is way better and way more fun than SABERmetrics. Especially if you get the Fallen version of the Warsat. The skiffs wipe teams like cream cheese on a bagel. It's not even funny.

The warsat is definitely a mess if you're underleveled and the rest can be tricky with lousy teammates, but I like the design more than Undying Mind now that we can't shotgun our way through all of the adds there. The taken remix of that strike is better, but the original is still pants.

Looks cooler

I'll finish one exotic sword before Arms Day so I get it this week, Chaperone is already done. Raid exotic
just needs 25 Filaments and a bunch of Fragments, I'll get that eventually.

Not sure what you mean by lofty perch... as a NStalker? I love changing roles, it's essential to understanding overall class and encounter design. Another big reason I need to get my alts up, should be relatively quick with a bunch of high light weapons and blue armors, engrams, and focused light from my main.

to take a line from Hawkeye "I see better from up here". Nightstalker + vantage point is perfect for me. Can't see what's going on as well down low so a more grounded subclass puts me out of my element.

Wallach

With the Fallen version it is a lot easier if all three players blow up the skiff cannons in the time it is coming in to drop position. The Taken version of that section is a lot harder, I feel.

nOoblet16

stupid question: light level max is 310 right? how do i ever max an exotic when it comes at 280/290 if you only get 80% per infusion?!

It's not always 80%, the closer the stats are the higher the conversion is, and then there is a bit of randomness to it that gets it up to 100%.

Going from 280/285....you'll either end up with 284 or 285 if you get lucky with 100%. Going from 280/290 you will end up with 288.

Out 1

Got up to Darkblade and halfed his health solo in the Nightfall, Died instantly to his charge attack...
Would anyone like to help me finish him off?

Help is appreciated ^^

PSN: TheGentleman2014

Send FR

Edit: No mic at the moment

Thanks for the invite. It was way easier with three defenders lol

Reward screen was meh. Super jealous of your Zhalo Supercell.

ocean

Banned
With the Fallen version it is a lot easier if all three players blow up the skiff cannons in the time it is coming in to drop position. The Taken version of that section is a lot harder, I feel.
Warsat with Taken is probably the hardest encounter in any Strije in the game. I'm

Ambitious

The warsat is definitely a mess if you're underleveled and the rest can be a mess with lousy teammates, but I like the design more than Undying Mind now that we can't shotgun our way through all of the adds.

Looks cooler

to take a line from Hawkeye "I see better from up here". Nightstalker + vantage point is perfect for me.

Oh. It's the opposite for me. I regret picking this one, because I don't like how it looks at all.

Zocano

For the love of god Bungie - WTF!

Thought this would never happen again...

Eh, RNG will always RNG.

Also the raid weapons have a huge variety of perks to roll through so it's not like they're the exact same gun.

I got two hand cannons for my Oryx kill and one had firefly on it.

I hate hand cannons

OK how does Armsday work? I still don't get it. I haven't spent any time testing the weapons since TTK released. Someone told me there are bounties but I never see bounties at the gunsmith.

ocean

Banned
If anyone has contact info for the Loadouts for iOS app, I think a great addition would be auto Max Light in a character (send in the best weapon/Ghost combo possible out of all your inventory to a given alt)

I keep having to "update" my loadout and it's an annoying 0th world problem.

kinda random but i will go on record to say that i am glad to have been wrong about at least 70% of this expansion, especially my opinion of Nightstalkers going into it.

nOoblet16

Oh. It's the opposite for me. I regret picking this one, because I don't like how it looks at all.

Void sword is most effective though.
In the raid you would want to use the sword purely for its offensive capability, which means a void would do best compared to solar/arc which could take a little longer when it comes to killing enemies with shields. Outside of raid you would be using a sword's defensive capability quite often and since timing isn't an issue outside it doesn't matter if it takes a bit of time to take the enemy shield down...and since solar/arc are the most common outside of raid, a void sword will be very effective.

Wallach

OK how does Armsday work? I still don't get it. I haven't spent any time testing the weapons. Someone told me there are bounties but I never see bounties at the gunsmith.

The test weapons are the bounties. You collect the test weapons, and then perform the test on the weapon tooltips. When you collect sufficient data the weapon test is complete and you immediately gain reputation with the Gunsmith. Each rank of reputation you have with the Gunsmith allows you to choose one of the weapon orders he has available that week between Wednesday 2 AM PST and Sunday 2 AM PST. After Sunday the weapon orders are closed, and on the next Armsday you can turn them in to collect your selected orders.

Kyoufu

kinda random but i will go on record to say that i am glad to have been wrong about at least 70% of this expansion, especially my opinion of Nightstalkers going into it.

Nightstalker went from least appealing subclass to the most fun I've had in TTK. This crow is delicious.

The leaked roadmap circulating earlier showed that the next expansion would be Vex-based, and the one after that based on the Cabal.

The way they've been playing up the Cabal during this one makes me suspect it's definitely in the pipeline: so much references to their Emperor and empire, and with the death of the brothers they no longer have any ranking officers in the solar system.

Looking up said roadmap now. Did it look like small expansions like DB and HoW?

Jezabel

Fucking sick of looking for a raid group.

It's been three days and they all say " must be 295+ and know all the fights"

What the fuck? Fucking sick of this shit

Top Bottom