• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
finally done after 3 wipes

this quest can suck a deacon
What exactly is it? Get the final blow on each bro with a shotgun? Do only shotgun damage? I swear this quest

Also, a 2 hour power nap might do you good before raiding man

Lee

I doubt anyone is blowing enough Strange Coins to spend more than an hour on Darksis. Time isn't even the issue. Assuming 1/5 holds steady in aggregate, you're basically paying 35 Strange Coins for a random Exotic (pray you don't get dupes)

I don't know man. Also, 1/5 might not be accurate. Two engrams can drop from 1 3oC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK__A2UX440&feature=youtu.be

Also, this sample from Reddit leads me to believe the effect does stack, despite Bungie's description:

3 5 coin runs : 2 engrams.
10 3 coin runs: 3 engrams.
20 2 coin runs : 5 engrams.
63 1 coin runs : 12 engrams.

5 coins stacked = 66%
3 coins stacked = 33%
2 coins stacked = 25%
1 coin = 12.6%

Small sample size and self reported and all, but that seems pretty linear. I'm stuck at work for 9 hours and will no doubt miss out on this entirely, but it seems extremely broken and, were I home, I would do it until it gets patched.

nOoblet16

What's the light requirement for antiquated rune summons?
Can I get the" Depose the court" quest done even if I don't have the rune and join someone who does?

If yes then would anyone be willing to help me?

BraXzy

The buff always says IX. It stands for the Nine (the guys noodle-face works for). The buff should go away the instant you kill an Ultra capable of dropping loot.

Shoot are you sure? I swear it was V before. It seemed like since I noticed I was getting more engram drops so maybe it works anyway.

Sorry about that folks, my science might be off :(

Meneses

Got a really bad bug where the game tries to recover my connection when i'm about to be disconnected but it returns me to a black screen where I can actually move and do all the stuff but i just don0t see anything.

The menu shows up fine though.

Jinjo

I don't know man. Also, 1/5 might not be accurate. Two engrams can drop from 1 3oC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK__A2UX440&feature=youtu.be

Also, this sample from Reddit leads me to believe the effect does stack, despite Bungie's description:

5 coins stacked = 66%
3 coins stacked = 33%
2 coins stacked = 25%
1 coin = 12.6%

Small sample size and self reported and all, but that seems pretty linear. I'm stuck at work for 9 hours and will no doubt miss out on this entirely, but it seems extremely broken and, were I home, I would do it until it gets patched.

Really needs a higher n for the 5 and 3 coins stacked runs for this to be more Destiny science viable. I'll believe the 12,5% number for a single 3oC.

Exotic gauntlets on my first heroic using a coin. Now I won't get another for another ten strikes, used all my luck just then.

Stealth nerf from bungie after this weekend no doubt.

Navy Bean

I doubt they nerf Three of Coins (at least this week). The "exploit" just reduces the time to kill an ultra but the economy is the same: one coin increases chance of a drop.

ocean

Banned

5 coins stacked = 66%
3 coins stacked = 33%
2 coins stacked = 25%
1 coin = 12.6%

Dude I just found out its 5 of those things for 7 Coins. I thought it was 1 for 7 coins.

Fuck everything this is a loot insanity bargain

Trickster

So what's the quickest way to use three of coins? Seen something about a tactic requiring 2 specific exotic weapons, which I do not have

Wow, my two heavy exotic engrams were a complete bust. Year 1 Thuderlord, which I already have, and Gjallarhorn, which is like my 5th one at this point. Huge waste of strange coins. Fucking hell. I didn't think they would decrypt into year 1 exotics. Smart loot my ass. Never buying those again. Going with the coins to boost drop rates. Maybe then smart loot will apply.

Lee

So what's the quickest way to use three of coins? Seen something about a tactic requiring 2 specific exotic weapons, which I do not have

Any sniper/any gun on Draksis until he's low, then finish him point blank with rocket. Suicide, engrams drop, repeat.

What exactly is it? Get the final blow on each bro with a shotgun? Do only shotgun damage? I swear this quest

Also, a 2 hour power nap might do you good before raiding man

dunno. we were all using shotguns when the boss's health was low and apparently we all got it. i didn't get the final hit on either brother and the quest still counted.

maybe it's like TLW part where if it's equipped and you're nearby, it counts.

either way, it's stupid. you need a void shotgun or the psions will wreck you, but my only void shotgun made me underleveled, smh

ocean

Banned
Wow, my two heavy exotic engrams were a complete bust. Year 1 Thuderlord, which I already have, and Gjallarhorn, which is like my 5th one at this point. Huge waste of strange coins. Fucking hell. I didn't think they would decrypt into year 1 exotics. Smart loot my ass. Never buying those again. Going with the coins to boost drop rates. Maybe then smart loot will apply.
It's called a "Legacy" Engram, they're guaranteed to be Year 1 stuff with the old attack stats. The Helm Engram on sale is Year 2 with guaranteed 290 Light engrams from it.

Shito

Finished my serie of ~100 ToC.
Going to the tower to count the number of engrams I got, and then I upload the video of how to do Draksis.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I need your assistance dgaf. Also smh for this thread being on page 20 when I wake up lol. Basically I need to know best way to farm those relic drops for gunsmith and how to get higher artifacts. They just aren't dropping for me and I'm stagnant in the 280s because of this.

Top Bottom