• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Mupod

We did it. Fuck you and your whole family Oryx.

Thanks to Jigga and Mindlog for the help. Everybody for the group effort throughout the whole thing. Going to need like 20 Red Bulls to stay awake.

glad to see you guys got him, but no way in hell can I stay up until 4AM playing Destiny...well, on Sundays at least.

Hoping I can find a group for him tonight but whatever happens, happens. I still need to do the part of the raid before the first boss too, but whatever. I can live without a moldering shard and some strange coins.

Victrix

*beard*
I'm just glad I got the Chaperone, Ace of Spades, and Exotic Sword quests done, those were the tough ones.

I'm too clever for you, I waited to pick a legendary sword so I could get the exotic with the coolest special attack!

... then I remembered I have three characters who can get it, so I can get all three, and because of the way the quest works I'll have to wait another week for armsday just to get my first one due to delaying picking one this long.

Too clever by half.

I also didn't place my last armsday order in time because I didn't know or check that you can't place orders later in the week. I'm on a roll.

Simonnnnn

My fireteam across another fireteam consisting of 290+ last night, completely randomly, we played Court of Oryx together with them for a good hour or so, across all three tiers and it was most fun I've had on a game in a long time.

nOoblet16

My fireteam across another fireteam consisting of 290+ last night, completely randomly, we played Court of Oryx together with them for a good hour or so, across all three tiers and it was most fun I've had on a game in a long time.

Two fire teams in court of Oryx is ridiculously fun as it's full carnage.

Guys, help me out. I've got two helmets here, once with Infusion and one with Better Already.

We all know Infusion, it regenerates health upon Orb pickup. Better Already starts shield regen immediately upon picking up Orbs. What's the main difference, really? Because I infinitely prefer the look of the helm with Better Already.

Raybunny

"Javi what the hell killed you?"
"Uhhh I kept shooting, wanted to land an extra shot again"

Malice will happen. That's ok bunny we'll get the rest of the fragments. And seriously go Rumble with an amo-less sword, it's hilarious.

AHAH sounds like something that will happen. Regarding Rumble I will do that as soon as I get home ( 20 mins before you +/-)

________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to compile a list of what drops each chest and encounter can drop from TTK

The chest from the Rune charge before warpriest can drop:
Ghost

Warpriest can drop:
Machine gun ( Thanks Arramos)

Gorgoroth can drop:
Chestpiece ( Thanks Klyka)
Boots
Gloves

Deadsinger sisters can drop:

Oryx can drop:
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Agreed.

Court of Oryx is like the complete opposite of PoE in terms of rewarding players for their time. Sure the number of bosses are very limited and it may be repetitive but it's still worthwhile since the loot keeps dropping. I just wish there was an easier way to get more than 3 people in the same instance.

ocean

Banned
Top Scores from my friends list (tons of GAFers in this pool, but obviously not all so a few of you pro mode players might be missing)

Control: Falifax (10,315)
Clash: TwilightGap (5,565)
Rumble: 6 way tie at (2,720)
Skirmish: Clutch_Wayzz (4,585) *ultra props
Salvage: Wicked (6,965)
Rift: Semedi (12,695)

I'm a bit surprised to see the top Control score and the top Rift score be this close. Hot damn you guys are amazingly good at this game :p

noomi

These crazy looking exotics tied to Quests are amazing. That Malice though, cool looking gun.

I'm really happy about the exotic quests, less RNG more earning is a good thing.

Some of those quests are very frustrating though... especially Chaperone and Exotic Sword ones.

Victrix

*beard*
I'm really happy about the exotic quests, less RNG more earning is a good thing.

Some of those quests are very frustrating though... especially Chaperone and Exotic Sword ones.

Tough quests >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garbage rng that locks you out of fun exotic weapons for literally an entire year

I tried the Arena for the first time today, I got insane drops of Legendary weapons/armour as well as Truth, my first exotic weapon.

I think I'll have to play this more.

Deku Tree

Arrrammis

AHAH sounds like something that will happen. Regarding Rumble I will do that as soon as I get home ( 20 mins before you +/-)

________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to compile a list of what drops each chest and encounter can drop from TTK

Ghost

Warpriest can drop:

Gorgoroth can drop:
Boots
Gloves

Oryx can drop:
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Warpriest: Machine gun

ocean

Banned
Can anyone confirm if checkpoint saving still works for kings fall? Was going to try at reset tomorrow but don't want to waste time if it no longer works
We haven't been able to test.

I hope our resident checkpoint campers manage to keep the first loot-awarding checkpoint for tomorrow. I wanna run a fresh raid of course, but next week running alts will be a possibility for a lot more people and checkpoint sharing will help alt progression move along more quickly.

Klyka

Banned

Ghost

Warpriest can drop:

Gorgoroth can drop:
Boots
Gloves

Oryx can drop:
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

Golgoroth dropped Chestpiece for me.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Raid Group GAF is best GAF. DeathJr just took us though the start, all the way to Gorgoroth. I got the Rocket Launcher :3

Ghost

Warpriest can drop:

Gorgoroth can drop:
Boots
Gloves

Oryx can drop:
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

Warpriest dropped the Rocket Launcher for me.

Spoiler the reply if it's a secret but are there checkpoints in the new Raid we can share that have a loot chests without killing a boss/clearing a phase? Like the Gorgon checkpoint in the Vault.

ocean

Banned

Ghost

Warpriest can drop:

Gorgoroth can drop:
Boots
Gloves

Oryx can drop:
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

I think WP dropped Rocket Launcher for Fali. I am not 100% but I think it was Gor who dropped my chest piece.

KxoZz

Ghost

Warpriest can drop:

Gorgoroth can drop:
Boots
Gloves

Oryx can drop:
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

A couple of us got the hand cannon from Oryx. I got the Sniper from Warpriest.

Can anyone confirm if checkpoint saving still works for kings fall? Was going to try at reset tomorrow but don't want to waste time if it no longer works

Yeah so far I have not been able to get it to work, tried all 3 characters. Seems you need to start the raid from the beginning to get CP?

Blablurn

What do I need to do to become a member of the GAF Clan? Or is it limited?

Started the game this week. I'm pretty surprised how fun it is :D

I've never done it before, so if you and the lady friend plan on giving VoG a go, I would be more than happy to jump in and join you both!

We would be happy to have you and anyone else wanting to join! I'll def post in here letting everyone know with at least a day notice... MIGHT actually try and run one tomorrow after work. Will let people know!

JTripper

Anyone else at Oryx? I think most people who wanted to be beat him before reset have done it. Today's the day to beat him and I wanna get the hell out of this Oryx pit!

Impulsor

Thanks guys. So I reckon Warpriest drops Rocket launcher and the priests drop fusion and shotty?

Edit: Update

___________________________________________________________________________ _____

Ghost

Warpriest can drop:
Rocket Launcher ( thanks Ocean / will confirm with Fali)

Gorgoroth can drop:
Boots
Gloves

Fusion ?
Shotgun ?
Class item

Oryx can drop:
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

___________________________________________________________________________ __________

Got the hunter cloak from deadsingers.

Top Bottom