• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
And seriously go Rumble with an amo-less sword, it's hilarious.

Tried it in several matches today, didn't work out for me at all. I don't get matched with players so bad unfortunately.

deoee

That's six! I can't belive it, but I don't think I have any of you on my friends list. Can someone with a lot of the group already friended give me their psn, or friend me. Same as gaf.

Could you please make a post when the invites start?
I'm not looking at the TV atm :3

ocean

Banned
Woop ToM acquired! I understand why Luke likes this gun! Now to farm the 30 Hadium flakes to upgrade it :')
30 Had...oh god
I thought I was done after that grind for 50

Fuck it I'll get those 30 + the 20 I need for my other 2 swords in one go, then never open a chest in Mausoleum in ma liiiife

R0ckman

Any groups forming for Oryx today? Need to beat him badly before reset.

PSN arekkusu77 will be home today for the most part.

maomaoIYP

Salvage is the most infuriating mode with randoms who just pretend they are playing 3v3 TDM.
edit: I have never cursed this hard in a mp game, not even in COD or against gankers in dark souls.

New light level is bs. That ghost is holding me back. If it was 285 and not 284 it would push me over to 300 no doubt. Fuck this game! :D
the other negative aspect of the new light level system is that it punishes you if you dare use a Year One weapon or Armor in the crucible by dropping lesser light level rewards.

as soon as Shaxx yells out ''your team has almost one'' or ''one minute left'', i stop fighting and quickly change my gear to the highest Light level before the match ends, even if it means dying in the process

jschreier

I was having an argument with some co-workers about the crucible quest you need to go through in order to unlock weekly PVP bounties -- I think it's super grindy and awful, very player-unfriendly in a way that's unlike anything else in Taken King; a colleague thinks it's a cool incentive structure for people who play PVP only. To those of you who have done it (or parts of it), what do you think?

LiK

Salvage is the most infuriating mode with randoms who just pretend they are playing 3v3 TDM.
edit: I have never cursed this hard in a mp game, not even in COD or against gankers in dark souls.

playing 3v3 with most randoms is pretty bad. if it's for legendary marks, prepare to see people just playing like shit to get through it.

#Forever299
CPbdF7zWEAA2sbb.jpg:large

You will get it this reset! Me, you, Rene, Bits, Kxoz, and Flocki need to tear it up again!

the other negative aspect of the new light level system is that it punishes you if you dare use a Year One weapon or Armor in the crucible by dropping lesser light level rewards.

as soon as Shaxx yells out ''your team has almost one'' or ''one minute left'', i stop fighting and quickly change my gear to the highest Light level before the match ends, even if it means dying in the process

Yeah crucible should always pay engrams now so you have a chance to equip higher light items before popping them.

I was having an argument with some co-workers about the crucible quest you need to go through in order to unlock weekly PVP bounties -- I think it's super grindy and awful, very player-unfriendly in a way that's unlike anything else in Taken King; a colleague thinks it's a cool incentive structure for people who play PVP only. To those of you who have done it (or parts of it), what do you think?
it is very grindy and it also made me mess up my Alligience for a week for pressing buttons too fast

LiK

wait, this is how this shit works? I should probably stop using Red Death then.

ocean

Banned
Is anyone else missing the
Grimoire cards
for the
Deathsingers in King's Fall
? Assuming you
beat that part of the Raid
of course.

maomaoIYP

playing 3v3 with most randoms is pretty bad. if it's for legendary marks, prepare to see people just playing like shit to get through it.

I just need one more win.
Fucking assholes stood next to the relic and refused to disarm. The disarm would have given us the win. I almost died in real life right there.

Lnkn52

You didn't have it bad as me. For some reason, the match made teammates left me alone. So it was 1 vs 3 for the next 10 minutes. I was able to get some kills but eventually they smartened up and started team shooting. And wait for it..... They started teabagging after every kill. Such immaturity.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You will get it this reset! Me, you, Rene, Bits, Kxoz, and Flocki need to tear it up again!
ON RESET!? Ooh shiet i planned Friday/Sat. Since timezone i wont be able to begin before your current time as of this post +/- 20min. So we prob wont finish all of it in one sitting unless we do weekend.
Your punishment for putting that helmet with that subclass.

:p

I'll never take it off. Have you seen the other ones?

Good god they look hideous

noomi

Not looking forward to farming relic iron for this exotic sword bounty. Hopefully I can find a ghost that detects it somewhere tonight.

It's kind of a pain in the butt, took me about 2 hours to farm everything. Seems like you get the mats 1 out of every 15 that you come across.

I didn't have a ghost to find relic iron though, so it might be quicker if you do.

Its an interesting idea aimed towards pvp players only and its good bungie is trying to cater to both types of players. However the design and how it is presented are really grindy and annoying.

ocean

Banned
I'm conflicted. I like that it encourages you to play in creative ways and leave your comfort zone, while also rewarding good players who will have an easier time.

On the flip side, I've been in too many matches where my teammates are being dumb just for the sake of completing a quest or bounty. HoW PvP was a billion times more interesting despite the lack of weapon variety because people were actually playing to win. Sure, Thorn double tap was annoying but whatever.

Now you enter a match and people are just doing all sorts of silly crazy gimmicks because they don't care about PvP and are only there because of some insatiable strange loot drive.

So in a way, I kind of wish more emphasis were placed on actual performance and not just grinding. The TLW quest succeeds in making you lose progress: this discourages bad players from messing up their teams trying, or in a better scenario pushes them to try their very best not to die + get kills.

Asking you to get 25 Sword or 15 Throwing Knife kills just invites players to go 0.00004 in a desperate attempt to get it over three dozen matches.

I look forward to the day most people are done with these gimmick quests. One, because hopefully we'll have learned a trick or two. But mainly because I want people to go back to playing to win.

Namikaze1

It's kind of a pain in the butt, took me about 2 hours to farm everything. Seems like you get the mats 1 out of every 15 that you come across.

I didn't have a ghost to find relic iron though, so it might be quicker if you do.
I ended up getting lucky and getting 3 drop in a row from helium farming. After 10 minutes of nothing dropping, the last two I needed dropped back to back. I think I only spent about an hour actually farming helium. Spent 90 minutes overall on the moon trying to get solar ability kills. That percentage barely went up during that time.

Top Bottom