• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LiK

I'd say we keep it until the reset.

well, I think just had all the bosses spoiled for me. guess i'll just watch a walkthrough now.

Saying "there is a boss called Golgoroth" in Destiny is the same as saying "There is a character called "Keyser Soze" In "The Usual Suspects".

not just boss names, but also their drops. but hey, it's not hard to just spoiler tag until reset is it?

Picked up TTK:LE for £33 after refusing to get shafted for the season pass previously. Looking forward to getting back in to the game now though. Just a quick blast had me replacing my exotics with greens though :(

Trickster

Saying "there is a boss called Golgoroth" in Destiny is the same as saying "There is a character called "Keyser Soze" In "The Usual Suspects".

Ghaleon already made a post a day or two ago about raid spoilers, names being on of those things

Acidote

What do I need to do to become a member of the GAF Clan? Or is it limited?

Started the game this week. I'm pretty surprised how fun it is :D

Being a member of any of the GAF clans isn't that important to do stuff. You only have to be active in the thread and renounce FC Bayern forever.

ocean

Banned
well, I think just had all the bosses spoiled for me. guess i'll just watch a walkthrough now.
Knowing name = boss spoiled? Like its up to you but the only way to actual spoil the experience for yourself is to look at the scenery, be told about the mechanics and all that. There isn't really a difference between saying Boss 1 Boss 2 etc and naming them unless I'm missing something.

You wouldn't reach Atheon and be like "OH GOD HES CALLED ATHEON!" but seeing the room beforehand, being told about Time's Vengeance before you could experience it yourself - that would be spoiling a pristine opportunity of discovery.

Lnkn52

Knowing name = boss spoiled? Like its up to you but the only way to actual spoil the experience for yourself is to look at the scenery, be told about the mechanics and all that. There isn't really a difference between saying Boss 1 Boss 2 etc and naming them unless I'm missing something.

You wouldn't reach Atheon and be like "OH GOD HES CALLED ATHEON!" but seeing the room beforehand, being told about Time's Vengeance before you could experience it yourself - that would be spoiling a pristine opportunity of discovery.

All he is saying that any Raid related should be put in spoilers. It's just easier than being selective and saying which is a spoiler or not and having a discussion about it trying to prove that it's a spoiler.

ich00

Does anyone want to do a semi blind King's Fall raid tonight around 9:30 EST? 2 friends and I would like to at least get into the raid and try and get a few boss kills for loot. I have spots for 3 and really don't want to have to go to LFG. PSN is ichabod00, I'll start a PSN chat for whoever is interested so we can coordinate.

1. Ichabod00
2. My brother
3. A Friend
4. SoullessSHOES
5. Callandor361
6. LkPr

Edit: aaaannnndddd full

noomi

Has anyone
looted a sniper from Kings Fall Raid? Would love to see a pic of stats and how it looks like.

Tough quests >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garbage rng that locks you out of fun exotic weapons for literally an entire year

100% agree with this!

Granted there is a pretty good feeling about getting an RNG piece of loot, I'd much rather enjoy the weapons now than be frustrated for months trying to get something that never drops.

Even the hard exotic quests are worth it, albeit frustrating. I'd rather spend a few weeks getting a quest done, knowing that I am working towards a good exotic reward, than relying on RNG to give me what I want.

LiK

All he is saying that any Raid related should be put in spoilers. It's just easier than being selective and saying which is a spoiler or not and having a discussion about it trying to prove that it's a spoiler.

someone gets it.

rNilla

Some people have higher spoiler thresholds than others but there's no need to challenge or be condescending when the use of spoiler tags is clearly indicated in the thread title.

Raybunny

___________________________________________________________________________ _____

I would like to compile a list of what drops each chest and encounter can drop from TTK

1- The chest from the Rune charge before warpriest can drop:
Ghost
Fusion Rifle (thanks CM PSN chat)

2- Warpriest can drop:
Fusion Rifle (thanks Deku Tree)
Sniper Rifle (thanks KxoZz)
Machine gun (thanks Arramos)
Rocket Launcher ( thanks Ocean / will confirm with Fali)

3- Gorgoroth can drop:
Chestpiece (thanks Klyka)
Boots
Gloves

4- Deadsinger sisters can drop:
Hunter cloak (thanks Impulsor)
Shotgun (thanks CM PSN chat)

5- Oryx can drop:
Hand cannon (thanks KxoZz)
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

___________________________________________________________________________ __________
New page update. Thanks for sharing.
I got reports of the fusion dropping on different places. If its correct I like the idea of chests / bosses dropping items from the same loot table but without repetition on the same run.

Jinjo

"Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion"

but thanks for justifying why you're not doing it before reset.

I think with Crota's End we all agreed on a two-week/reset window of no spoilers allowed. As that gave the majority of the raiders more than enough time to run it blind if say you were unavailable in the first weekend for whatever reason (which can easily happen). While the majority of us plays a lot of Destiny I reckon there are still plenty less-hardcore DGAFfers who would like to experience stuff without being spoiled.

Even I personally only was able to see half of the raid this weekend.

Edit;

Raybunny, I think Marvel got a sniper drop yesterday from WP.

Drain You

Not looking forward to farming relic iron for this exotic sword bounty. Hopefully I can find a ghost that detects it somewhere tonight.

I would like to compile a list of what drops each chest and encounter can drop from TTK

The chest from the Rune charge before warpriest can drop:
Ghost

Warpriest can drop:
Machine gun ( Thanks Arramos)

Gorgoroth can drop:
Chestpiece ( Thanks Klyka)
Boots
Gloves

Deadsinger sisters can drop:

Oryx can drop:
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I got reports of the fusion dropping on different places. If its correct I like the idea of chests / bosses dropping items from the same loot table but without repetition on the same run.
Got the fusion rifle before the first boss. Once you
power up the door to get access to the first boss

Deku Tree

The chest from the Rune charge before warpriest can drop:
Ghost

Warpriest can drop:
Machine gun ( Thanks Arramos)

Gorgoroth can drop:
Chestpiece ( Thanks Klyka)
Boots
Gloves

Deadsinger sisters can drop:

Oryx can drop:
Scout
Auto riffle
Pulse
Helmet

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I don't personally care. But please just spoiler tag "all raid discussion"... That means everything. The mod title edit could not possible be more clear. Otherwise a lot of people are just going to eject completely from the thread until they finish their own raid.

Tecnniqe

Banned
#Forever299
CPbdF7zWEAA2sbb.jpg:large

JackHerer

Tried the raid for the first time last night with a group from LFG, despite numerous quitters that we had to replace and a team that generally communicated poorly, we managed to get to Golgoroth before it got too late; we took forever with a large amount of wipes. I was at light 290 for most of it and it was definitely pretty hard but really damn fun.

I got the legendary fusion rifle with 306 attack from the first boss and it looks insane. A monster in gun form. The trigger is a fang...

Can't wait to try the raid again whether fresh or from a checkpoint since I need more experience with it. Might try again tonight but I also want to get Nightfall done.

Raybunny

"Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion"

but thanks for justifying why you're not doing it before reset.

I don't personally care. But please just spoiler tag "all raid discussion"... That means everything. The mod title edit could not possible be more clear. Otherwise a lot of people are just going to eject completely from the thread until they finish their own raid.

Thanks for the reminder I edited all my previous posts about it.

Top Bottom