• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

maomaoIYP

You didn't have it bad as me. For some reason, the match made teammates left me alone. So it was 1 vs 3 for the next 10 minutes. I was able to get some kills but eventually they smartened up and started team shooting. And wait for it..... They started teabagging after every kill. Such immaturity.

This reminds me of when I was doing the rumble part of the shaxx quest.
Got into a group where 3 assholes were partied up. They camped a room and teamed up on randoms. They teabagged me on every kill. Luckily they sucked and I destroyed them to take top spot. They quit after that.

Get Zhalo Supercell as exotic for now. It wrecks PvE

Got it, despite saying I preferred Suros now it's maxed supercell wins for the last perk, I soloed the bridge before dark blade last night without having to take my finger of the trigger. I want to try it out with 5 others in the abyss

That's why I'm torn, though machine guns won't come out that often and my answering chord is 294

ON RESET!? Ooh shiet i planned Friday/Sat. Since timezone i wont be able to begin before your current time as of this post +/- 20min. So we prob wont finish all of it in one sitting unless we do weekend.

I'll never take it off. Have you seen the other ones?

Good god they look hideous

We could get to Oryx on rest and finish him Friday/Sat?

I'm not available at reset, only like 6-7 hours afterwards. But I'd be down! We were an awesome team.
You gotta stop pronouncing my name "cocks" though haha

LOL I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THAT. No, not right at reset. I am thinking sometime between 4-6pm CST. I'm not sure what time that is for you guys. Rene and I are close in timezones.

Edit: Double post. Dumb. Sorry about that. I mean to put them into one.

Tecnniqe

Banned
We could get to Oryx on rest and finish him Friday/Sat?

Depends when we start really, im getting up in 5.30 in the morning to get to work my time, but im home around timestamp on my posts above.

Edit: This post timestamp -1 hour is when im usually home. So around that time im ready

Qblivion

didn't really care for the dreadnought at first, it just looked like a remix of Mars and the moon, but after digging into it deeper I found some real cool stuff. almost a dark souls vibe to it.

is there a good page that explains the locked chests and what the deal with summoning stuff is?

I was having an argument with some co-workers about the crucible quest you need to go through in order to unlock weekly PVP bounties -- I think it's super grindy and awful, very player-unfriendly in a way that's unlike anything else in Taken King; a colleague thinks it's a cool incentive structure for people who play PVP only. To those of you who have done it (or parts of it), what do you think?

It takes awhile. But really, it's for the PvP minded. They need a long quest and the payout is worth it. Us PvE guys have a ton of quests.

Also I think The Last Word/Chaperone quest is perfectly fine.

Victrix

*beard*
I was having an argument with some co-workers about the crucible quest you need to go through in order to unlock weekly PVP bounties -- I think it's super grindy and awful, very player-unfriendly in a way that's unlike anything else in Taken King; a colleague thinks it's a cool incentive structure for people who play PVP only. To those of you who have done it (or parts of it), what do you think?

I think it's a boon for players that love PvP. The only real issue I have with is the rewards are pretty shit for the effort involved. It's not exactly difficult for veteran pvp players, but more casual ones are going to struggle, and compared to the struggle they'd have on equivalently long quest rewards, I don't think that part is well designed.

That said, from what I know the weekly PvP quests they unlock have good to great rewards, and it's supposed to lead to at least one Exotic.

I'm wondering if it's the key to unlocking The First Curse, which is our year 2 TLW...

KxoZz

LOL I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THAT. No, not right at reset. I am thinking sometime between 4-6pm CST. I'm not sure what time that is for you guys. Rene and I are close in timezones.

Edit: Double post. Dumb. Sorry about that. I mean to put them into one.

Lol I don't blame you. It's what I get for picking an unpronounceable name. Not sure what time that is for me. About 6 or 7 pm CET would be good.

Ugh I'm at the factions part of the crucible questline and it takes forever.

I'm not even at the gunsmith part yet which is easily way worse

Strider

Yea Shaxx questline is way too long and miserable just to unlock even more bounties that may or may not give you rewards you want...

I'll be ok if it's something I never complete

Question from someone who has never run Crota's End...

How is it? VoG was epic and i haven't done Crota yet. Any sort of valuables that will carry over to current year 2 gameplay like rare materials etc.? I'm assuming all the weapons and armor are junk now like the VoG loot.

LiK

Yea Shaxx questline is way too long and miserable just to unlock even more bounties that may or may not give you rewards you want...

I'll be ok if it's something I never complete

getting Stormfist kills in PVP also seems like a major drag for the subclass PVP quest. I'm currently leveling up Sunbreaker so I doubt i'll get back to using a Striker anytime soon. maybe for Trials or 3v3 in general.

This reminds me of when I was doing the rumble part of the shaxx quest.
Got into a group where 3 assholes were partied up. They camped a room and teamed up on randoms. They teabagged me on every kill. Luckily they sucked and I destroyed them to take top spot. They quit after that.

Most players who do that suck. I go into rumble every now and then with frieds, but only to kill them as well. It's fun to party up and shit talk your buddies when you kick their ass.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it's a boon for players that love PvP. The only real issue I have with is the rewards are pretty shit for the effort involved. It's not exactly difficult for veteran pvp players, but more casual ones are going to struggle, and compared to the struggle they'd have on equivalently long quest rewards, I don't think that part is well designed.

That said, from what I know the weekly PvP quests they unlock have good to great rewards, and it's supposed to lead to at least one Exotic.

I'm wondering if it's the key to unlocking The First Curse, which is our year 2 TLW...
The First Curse is basically the opposite of TLW :)

Cruxist

I think it's just too long. I get that Bungie wants to promote PvP when so many of us are PvE only, but the rewards don't seem worth it. Plus, I'm already suffering from getting sword kills and using the last word. There's a lot of ways to play PvP, but I never want to hop in and just play, there's always some specific way Bungie is incentivizing me to go about it, and that makes me want to just skip it altogether.

Worth spunking 150 marks on a year 2 Monte Carlo? The marks are useless to me otherwise outside of infusion.
You can honestly just spend it on whatever you feel like grabbing depending on where your light level is at. Year 2 Monte Carlo is pretty decent but I would rather pick up the Zhalo Supercell if you can. I used both throughout the raid and Monte Carlo was doing just a bit behind in terms of taking out the adds. Jade Rabbit would also probably fair better.

maomaoIYP

Most players who do that suck. I go into rumble every now and then with frieds, but only to kill them as well. It's fun to party up and shit talk your buddies when you kick their ass.

Yeah I can understand playing rumble and talking shit with friends, it's fun! Those guys were killing each other for sword kills, they quickly teamed up on me when they realized I was wrecking their shit in a 4 man room.

noomi

I ended up getting lucky and getting 3 drop in a row from helium farming. After 10 minutes of nothing dropping, the last two I needed dropped back to back. I think I only spent about an hour actually farming helium. Spent 90 minutes overall on the moon trying to get solar ability kills. That percentage barely went up during that time.

Awww shit, I forgot I have to do void kills to complete mine. Is it really that bad? I figured I would just do "WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE" and kill shit my my void grenade....

jschreier

Oh that quest line.

That one is great. PvP players will get it naturally by just playing, and others get to discover the modes and dip their toes. I don't think it's grindy since most steps only take a game or two to complete.

I thought you meant the Subclass PvP quests with their esoteric requirements.
PVP players won't get it naturally if they're like me and only like playing Elimination and Control!

I hate that I have to spend a ton of time playing modes I dislike. Also that you can get stuck on the same part of the quest for hours if you have to, say, get wins in Rift but you're saddled with awful teammates every match.

Ok guys. After a great raid run last night I'm looking to continue it again tonight!

Checkpoint is at
Golgoroth
looking to start in about 30mins -1 hour from now. Who's keen? Anyone from the raid party last night here? Anyone welcome to join though :)

1. davidbloop

nOoblet16

Is anyone else missing the
Grimoire cards
for the
Deathsingers in King's Fall
? Assuming you
beat that part of the Raid
of course.
Lol this is terrible spoiler marking.

Except for the first word in the second tag there is no point spoiler tagging the rest.

Ozone

Worth spunking 150 marks on a year 2 Monte Carlo? The marks are useless to me otherwise outside of infusion.
If it's a gun you liked to use in Year 1, go for it. I'm gathering marks to get the Year 2 version of my favorite helmet since it won't drop.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
PVP players won't get it naturally if they're like me and only like playing Elimination and Control!

I hate that I have to spend a ton of time playing modes I dislike. Also that you can get stuck on the same part of the quest for hours if you have to, say, get wins in Rift but you're saddled with awful teammates every match.

Yeah I agree. In general I hate PVP Quests and Bounties. It ruins the crucible for me in a way that a shitty metagame never could. I actually enjoy crucible when I'm not trying to complete quests and bounties, which sadly is rougly never. I play way better too. But because there's always something dumb to do, like 25 sword kills, or a bounty that wants me to play defender in crucible, I never actually feel like I can just play the way I want. It's dumb and bad design. I feel like it was COD where the designers actually said they didn't do MP achievements because they don't want people playing like idiots and dragging down their team because they're trying to complete some metagame goal. That's literally all crucible is 99% of the time, and it ruins the entire mode. It's a shame and I hope Bungie figures that out at some point.

j-wood

I'm torn on what to do, looking for advice.

I'll hit 150 marks today. Do I buy, Surors, Bad Juju, or Light beyond nemisis?

I'm torn because right now I have Telesto, and I bought the impossible machines from Xur. My primary weapon is the purple auto rifle you get for beating the last story mission, and I've infused it some, but it's only at 243 attack. Warlock by the way.

maomaoIYP

Took me an hour just to get 1 more win in salvage. Need to get 5 elimination wins now. It's 9.45 pm, hope I can do it before I have to go to bed, there's a good chance next week has no elimination....

Raybunny

I'm torn on what to do, looking for advice.

I'll hit 150 marks today. Do I buy, Surors, Bad Juju, or Light beyond nemisis?

I'm torn because right now I have Telesto, and I bought the impossible machines from Xur. My primary weapon is the purple auto rifle you get for beating the last story mission, and I've infused it some, but it's only at 243 attack. Warlock by the way.

I will just say that Suros was really helpful on the raid.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Suros mk 2 is godtier. So good in PVP too. Monte Carlo is good too. I really like autorifles now.

Top Bottom