• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Carbonox

You can honestly just spend it on whatever you feel like grabbing depending on where your light level is at. Year 2 Monte Carlo is pretty decent but I would rather pick up the Zhalo Supercell if you can. I used both throughout the raid and Monte Carlo was doing just a bit behind in terms of taking out the adds. Jade Rabbit would also probably fair better.

I have the Jade Rabbit but don't quite get its appeal. Convince me!

ocean

Banned
PVP players won't get it naturally if they're like me and only like playing Elimination and Control!

I hate that I have to spend a ton of time playing modes I dislike. Also that you can get stuck on the same part of the quest for hours if you have to, say, get wins in Rift but you're saddled with awful teammates every match.
Well that's kind of the point no? Inviting you to play all the modes. If you see it as something to do in one sitting it's extremely long. I just look at what's there if I wanna PvP a little and shoot for one.

I saw the other day I had to get 12 kills in Clash. Did it in one game, didn't even check what the next part was. It'll come with time I guess. I'm done with all the PvE quests on my main, these are the only things I've left to do. But I'll work on getting my alts Raid ready before tackling these. They all look fairly easy tbh. As for steps requiring 3 wins: if you play solo, that can definitely be a little luck of the draw. But matching up with even 1 or 2 people can flip the tides in your favor. Winning % with random teams tends to hover at 50% for non-pro players who can't carry slackers. But with a few friends it should be better if only because you can coordinate.

But the main reason I think this kind of quest is not a problem is it encourages players to just play their best. They're long but they don't adversely affect the experience of others since you won't mess your team's chances up by trying your hardest to use a sword or Storm Fist or whatever despite it meaning you throwing the game.

maomaoIYP

It's decent but ever since I got the MG from the raid I just haven't looked back.

You got any stats or spoilered pic for that? None of the other machine guns stack up for now.

edit: Oh wait the armory data for Objection IV is wrong. It doesn't have 69-85 in the magazine. Got me excited for nothing. Oh well.

You can only run the raid once per week right? Or can you do it over and over?
Cause it still says I can get gear for a reward. Usually the reward disappears after you complete it.

Played around with the Jade Rabbit for a bit and prefer Boolean Gemini. I don't think it's that great. Maybe I should play with it more.
It's good for ogres. Do to not needing to reload. Other wise I would use something else.

nOoblet16

Well that's kind of the point no? Inviting you to play all the modes. If you see it as something to do in one sitting it's extremely long. I just look at what's there if I wanna PvP a little and shoot for one.

I saw the other day I had to get 12 kills in Clash. Did it in one game, didn't even check what the next part was. It'll come with time I guess. I'm done with all the PvE quests on my main, these are the only things I've left to do. But I'll work on getting my alts Raid ready before tackling these. They all look fairly easy tbh. As for steps requiring 3 wins: if you play solo, that can definitely be a little luck of the draw. But matching up with even 1 or 2 people can flip the tides in your favor. Winning % with random teams tends to hover at 50% for non-pro players who can't carry slackers. But with a few friends it should be better if only because you can coordinate.

But the main reason I think this kind of quest is not a problem is it encourages players to just play their best. They're long but they don't adversely affect the experience of others since you won't mess your team's chances up by trying your hardest to use a sword or Storm Fist or whatever despite it meaning you throwing the game.
Yea but I dont play those modes because I dont like them, dont need invitation to test out stuff I already have and dont like.

Kyoufu

Played around with the Jade Rabbit for a bit and prefer Boolean Gemini. I don't think it's that great. Maybe I should play with it more.

JR is way better if you use it right. Body shots followed by precision shot to refill your magazine. Never have to reload if you do it right.

I prefer using Hung Jury for the firefly perk though tbh.

Cause it still says I can get gear for a reward. Usually the reward disappears after you complete it.

It's good for ogres. Do to not needing to reload. Other wise I would use something else.

Rewards only once per character a week

Messiek

LOL I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THAT. No, not right at reset. I am thinking sometime between 4-6pm CST. I'm not sure what time that is for you guys. Rene and I are close in timezones.

Edit: Double post. Dumb. Sorry about that. I mean to put them into one.

I'm good tomorrow at that time. Can't wait : )

Deku Tree

Give me advice DGAF:

I want to infuse one primary from 290 to 295 and I have too many options:

1) awesome omolon legendary scout with perks that I love.
2) Jade Rabbit
3) Boolean Jemini
4) Darth Suros Regime

Which should I ascend?

Kyoufu

You got any stats or spoilered pic for that? None of the other machine guns stack up for now.

edit: Oh wait the armory data for Objection IV is wrong. It doesn't have 69-85 in the magazine. Got me excited for nothing. Oh well.

Look up
Qullim's Terminus

Frenden

Banned

jschreier

My raid group was just talking about this - we think it works like weekly heroics, where reward limits are now tied to your account rather than your characters, so you'd be able to get rewards 3x a week no matter which character you use to raid.

420bits

Anyone who got the exotics from the tier3-gunsmith, can you wield lets say, the hunter exotic "ace of spades" on another character?

Becuase according to the internet the quest itself is classbased.

Kyoufu

Give me advice DGAF:

2) Jade Rabbit
3) Boolean Jemini
4) Darth Suros Regime

Which should I ascend?

I infused my Hung Jury because it's awesome.

Homeboyd

Give me advice DGAF:

2) Jade Rabbit
3) Boolean Jemini
4) Darth Suros Regime

Which should I ascend?
I'm on Xbox and I know the answer to this question; Jade.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Can someone give me the rundown on every way to earn marks?

Daily PvP / Story for 15 Marks each
weekly Nightfall
First 3? runs on Heroic strike list
Select story missions
Dismantling Legendary items 3-5 marks

Anyone who got the exotics from the tier3-gunsmith, can you wield lets say, the hunter exotic "ace of spades" on another character?

Becuase according to the internet the quest itself is classbased.

Nope, class based.

LTWood12

My raid group was just talking about this - we think it works like weekly heroics, where reward limits are now tied to your account rather than your characters, so you'd be able to get rewards 3x a week no matter which character you use to raid.

This would be MEGATON if true.

I can't wait to jump back into the raid after reset now. After clearing it yesterday, I feel like all the fights are super enjoyable once you know the mechanics. They require everyone working together and executing perfectly.

That makes sense too. Anyone test this?

*throws out Luke signal*

Give me advice DGAF:

2) Jade Rabbit
3) Boolean Jemini
4) Darth Suros Regime

Which should I ascend?

Option 5 Farm ToM :p, in all seriousness though I would go the Omolon or Jade Rabbit

Deku Tree

Wait you are saying that you think that you can get chances at Armor drops with the same character by beating the Raid check points three times in the same week?

Can Detective GAF please check this and let me know? Or please someone tweet all the usual Bungie suspects? I would myself but I can't right now.

EDIT: too slow beaten.

Anyone got Golgoroth checkpoint? Never beat that guy but did the rest of the raid. Really wanna get the fragments in there too since I've done everything else for ToM

Ok guys. After a great raid run last night I'm looking to continue it again tonight!

Checkpoint is at
Golgoroth
looking to start in about 30mins -1 hour from now. Who's keen? Anyone from the raid party last night here? Anyone welcome to join though :)

1. davidbloop

Bumping for new page :)

Cruxist

So, is there only one boss for a Rank 3 rune? I did 2 last night, my own and a random, and we had the same boss pop twice. And the rewards were actually kind of crap...

Give me advice DGAF:

2) Jade Rabbit
3) Boolean Jemini
4) Darth Suros Regime

Which should I ascend?
5) Do more Draksis farming for a supercell :)

noomi

So it looks like I should be picking up the 1000 yard stare from Vanguard, eh?

I need a nice legendary sniper rifle....

EL CUCO

Wait you are saying that you think that you can get chances at Armor drops with the same character by beating the Raid check points three times in the same week?

Can Detective GAF please check this and let me know? Or please someone tweet all the usual Bungie suspects? I would myself but I can't right now.
I seriously doubt it. Destiny app still keeps track of your drops per toon as usual.
So it looks like I should be picking up the 1000 yard stare from Vanguard, eh?

I need a nice legendary sniper rifle....
Definitely. god tier impact, good fire rate, and perfect balance. Longview scope is decent. Extremely happy with my purchase

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Monte Carlo is viable throughout the land now for sure. I also have to urge people who are better than me to try Monte Carlo/Sealed Ahamkara/Gambler's Dagger in the Crucible, 3 throwing knives is no small matter

rNilla

That makes sense too. Anyone test this?

*throws out Luke signal*

I know who to call.

Izfioyh.png

Top Bottom