• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I'm conflicted. I like that it encourages you to play in creative ways and leave your comfort zone, while also rewarding good players who will have an easier time.

On the flip side, I've been in too many matches where my teammates are being dumb just for the sake of completing a quest or bounty. HoW PvP was a billion times more interesting despite the lack of weapon variety because people were actually playing to win. Sure, Thorn double tap was annoying but whatever.

Now you enter a match and people are just doing all sorts of silly crazy gimmicks because they don't care about PvP and are only there because of some insatiable strange loot drive.

So in a way, I kind of wish more emphasis were placed on actual performance and not just grinding. The TLW quest succeeds in making you lose progress: this discourages bad players from messing up their teams trying, or in a better scenario pushes them to try their very best not to die + get kills.

Asking you to get 25 Sword or 15 Throwing Knife kills just invites players to go 0.00004 in a desperate attempt to get it over three dozen matches.

I look forward to the day most people are done with these gimmick quests. One, because hopefully we'll have learned a trick or two. But mainly because I want people to go back to playing to win.

Crucible no longer giving out Marks is one of the main reasons why players don't care about winning, and only care about completing their Bounties or Class Specific Quests.

Lets says Path of The Voidwalker requires me to do 30 Multikills with Nova Bomb.
I camp in Control and wait for enough opponents to amass at a control point so I can complete this Quest for Ikora.

On the flip side, Lord Shaxx is requiring me to do Playlist Wins for Faction vendors

Ambitious

Never realized that raid weapons could
roll random perks. Need that Scout rifle with full auto now....

Damn, I didn't know that.
Now I want a new Scout too. Mine has Rangefinder and Cocoon (weapon is reloaded when stowed for a short time).

Nighte

it is the telesto the new ghorn?

me and some randoms in the 290 shield brothers have it and we killed so fast the flying guy with it that we lost the shotgun kill and have to wipe and try again but with less "anger".

was beautifull, im in love with this fusion rifle

It is great. Especially for a hunter.. Glad it was my first exotic drop :)

EL CUCO

During Patrol last night, saw someone running around the Dreadnought holding a relic. He dropped it for a sec and I scooped it up. There's some sort of a timer related to carrying it.

Anybody else run into this yet?

Klyka

Banned
People willing to help me down
Oryx
tonight?
Like around 11.30pm GMT+2?

I'm a good relic runner, got the chest for extra armor too. Been running the relic for hours now,can make those jumps in my sleep. Only thing that kept us from killing him last night was crazy lag.

Would be awesome if some gaffers could help

Lnkn52

When you play so much Destiny that the muscle under your thumb hurts....

signs-youre-a-gamer-thumbs.jpg

Homeboyd

During Patrol last night, saw someone running around the Dreadnought holding a relic. He dropped it for a sec and I scooped it up. There's some sort of a timer related to carrying it.

It's the interloper buff to get the chest that burns you while trying to open it. This protects you from getting hurt while opening that chest. Most people just used Armor of Light or something to open that chest.

Nighte

There is one which you
use to open a chest while the ground is burning you

noomi

Fuckkkk that would be OP. This scout is awesome.

Damn, I didn't know that.
Now I want a new Scout too. Mine has Rangefinder and Cocoon (weapon is reloaded when stowed for a short time).

I got it !
Wish it did look like a meat.

The scout is currently my most wanted raid weapon. The pulse rifle is also totally fucking awesome. Either one of those with full auto would be very good :D

There's a chest that kills you when you're close to it. Holding that relic allows you and those around you to open it

Kyoufu

People willing to help me down
Oryx
tonight?
Like around 11.30pm GMT+2?

I'm a good relic runner, got the chest for extra armor too. Been running the relic for hours now,can make those jumps in my sleep. Only thing that kept us from killing him last night was crazy lag.

Would be awesome if some gaffers could help

Put me down for this. I still need to clear it and yeah, I know the mechanics of the fight.

If Echo chamber shows up for my strike. I'm instantly leaving if I'm doing it with randoms. Requires way too much coordination with people who don't communicate or try at all for that matter.

ocean

Banned
Yea but I dont play those modes because I dont like them, dont need invitation to test out stuff I already have and dont like.
Well that's another thing entirely. I don't like farming chests, but I really want my extra Swords. It's up to you whether the rewards are enough incentive if the challenge itself doesn't seem attractive to you.

Honestly, I doubt I'll ever set my mind to grinding this quest but I'm pretty sure it'll just happen eventually.

Depends when we start really, im getting up in 5.30 in the morning to get to work my time, but im home around timestamp on my posts above.

Edit: This post timestamp -1 hour is when im usually home. So around that time im ready

Ok. So you guys are CET it seems and about 6 hours ahead of Rene and I.

If we wanted to do it tomorrow it would be 5pm my time and 11pm your time. That doesn't sound like it will be good cause of work. So Friday/Sat would work well for our team to get together. PLUS, there's SO much to do on reset now and arms day and quests...

EL CUCO

It's the interloper buff to get the chest that burns you while trying to open it. This protects you from getting hurt while opening that chest. Most people just used Armor of Light or something to open that chest.
There's a chest
that kills you when you're close to it. Holding that relic allows you and those around you to open it
Ohhh I was wondering what kind of mechanic that chest requires. I just
popped my super and snatched it up right before dying lol

Ok so we have room for Jinjo and Hzoltan for G Checkpoint in raid. We're just waiting on you guys so yay!

just add me 'davidbloop' or Jinjo just join up.

Renta

Banned
fuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyou

Fears embrace done

I want to thank these people for helping me out: Me, Myself, and I

ich00

I've done almost all of the quests and I never got it.... unless it was a choice and I chose something else...

I believe it was a choice, not sure what the other option was tho. Vendor one isn't bad, plus it's already at 280, the quest one was maybe 240.

noomi

Anyone else feel like not doing Nightfalls anymore?

Removing the XP buff makes me feel a bit less inclined to do them, I guess the only reason is just for the fun of it or for exotic/legendary rewards at the end.

Also, we don't have any elemental burn primaries at the moment....

Tecnniqe

Banned

If we wanted to do it tomorrow it would be 5pm my time and 11pm your time. That doesn't sound like it will be good cause of work. So Friday/Sat would work well for our team to get together. PLUS, there's SO much to do on reset now and arms day and quests...

sent you a PM :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Anyone else feel like not doing Nightfalls anymore?

Removing the XP buff makes me feel a bit less inclined to do them, I guess the only reason is just for the fun of it or for exotic/legendary rewards at the end.

Also, we don't have any elemental burn primaries at the moment....

I'll still do them, but the one I did this week was super lackluster. None of us got anything remotely interesting as a completion reward, not even legendary engrams.

KxoZz

Yeah, I had all of last week off, so time wasn't an issue. 11pm my time would be too late. Friday or Saturday sounds good to me. I have a couple friends who want to raid starting next week, so I've gotta find some time to do it with them. I might need a few more days to get the Malice, too.
How far did you get with that by the way?

PuMa

Yep. I didn't know where to put it. Just ran around like an idiot. It spawned after some I killed a group of taken (some random event) not far outside of the starting patrol area.

noomi

I'll still do them, but the one I did this week was super lackluster. None of us got anything remotely interesting as a completion reward, not even legendary engrams.

Same here, but... I was pretty under-leveled when I did it, not even at 260 light.

I would think the higher light level you are, the better rewards you will get after completion.

Top Bottom