• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LkPr

Anyone else feel like not doing Nightfalls anymore?

Removing the XP buff makes me feel a bit less inclined to do them, I guess the only reason is just for the fun of it or for exotic/legendary rewards at the end.

Also, we don't have any elemental burn primaries at the moment....

Zhalo Supercell

Afrocious

The question I wanna ask is: What are you using Legendary Marks for?

I'm at the point where I just spend them on infusing and getting mats because I'm lazy.

I don't feel like buying gear anymore because my main is at 297. I could probably save it for alts though.

darthbob

Removing the XP buff makes me feel a bit less inclined to do them, I guess the only reason is just for the fun of it or for exotic/legendary rewards at the end.

I feel like you get more rep from other things now, so there's not a huge reason to have the Radiant Light buff, but still.

My first NF in TTK netted me a cruddy helmet that I promptly sharded for marks, not sure if I'll do it again tomorrow.

I'm at the point where I just spend them on infusing and getting mats because I'm lazy.

Primarily infusing, yeah. Spent 75 on the Vanguard Ghost shell tho

Nuszka

The scout is currently my most wanted raid weapon. The pulse rifle is also totally fucking awesome. Either one of those with full auto would be very good :D

My
pulse rifle from raid has firefly so it might be good for pve, still haven't played since yesterday, will try it tonight at the raid run

Yeah, I had all of last week off, so time wasn't an issue. 11pm my time would be too late. Friday or Saturday sounds good to me. I have a couple friends who want to raid starting next week, so I've gotta find some time to do it with them. I might need a few more days to get the Malice, too.
How far did you get with that by the way?

44/50 :/ I need the
maze CP from the raid.
If I can get that tonight, I will have it. Nami has it but he needs to unlock the raid with that character later today.

I'm saving some for that 280 Vanguard ghost when I finally get rank 2 with them. I guess later there's not much else to spend them on than infuses and mats.

noomi

My
pulse rifle from raid has firefly so it might be good for pve, still haven't played since yesterday, will try it tonight at the raid run

Cool, I'm interested to hear your thought about it. I'll be on a bit later in the evening after 7PM most likely.

Dentist appointment today :|

X-Frame

So who's excited for their Chaperone shotgun tomorrow?

I need to finish with my tedious Defender Titan void kills in order to finish my exotic sword quest too before Wednesday Armsday. So much to do!

R0ckman

People willing to help me down
Oryx
tonight?
Like around 11.30pm GMT+2?

I'm a good relic runner, got the chest for extra armor too. Been running the relic for hours now,can make those jumps in my sleep. Only thing that kept us from killing him last night was crazy lag.

Would be awesome if some gaffers could help

I'll join if I'm not already or still raiding by that time in my country, I have suros mrk 2, hereafter, telesto, raid machine gun, trying to get to 295 by the evening.

Looking for Raid final boss group. No rush to start right now but keep me in mind if you need to pick someone up.

297 light
295 snipe
299 heavy
Know mechanics
Have cp

Psn : Subtervotion

Afrocious

I'm saving some for that 280 Vanguard ghost when I finally get rank 2 with them. I guess later there's not much else to spend them on than infuses and mats.

The best thing about the vanguard ghost is not that it has 280 defense, but it makes you filthy rich and make stacks of Wormspore like no one's business.

I had around 400 without knowing it. I only noticed when I couldn't put stuff in my inventory.

Strider

According to Reddit Kings Fall has
already been done in 45 minutes. Geez thats fast. There is supposed to be a Vod of the run on Luminosity's channel

Victrix

*beard*

I need to finish with my tedious Defender Titan void kills in order to finish my exotic sword quest too before Wednesday Armsday. So much to do!

If you have Monte Carlo, it makes this a lot less painful.

LTWood12

Are you looking to run it tonight? I just got up to 290 myself and haven't had a chance to get in a group yet.

Possibly if I can hit 290+ fairly quick. I'd be happy to just beat a phase or two before reset for a chance at some higher level gear. I'll be on a little after 8 central.

noomi

Pretty excited for it, also can't wait to get to rank 4 gunsmith to see what happens :D

Afrocious

You need
to charge the Argonach rune
to get a fragment right?

Are people passing it around different characters and killing the named Taken?

Yep. I didn't know where to put it. Just ran around like an idiot. It spawned after some I killed a group of taken (some random event) not far outside of the starting patrol area.

You use it to gain immunity to the damage in the tunnels with the chest that takes a long time to open.

Admodieus

Looking for Raid final boss group. No rush to start right now but keep me in mind if you need to pick someone up.

297 light
295 snipe
299 heavy
Know mechanics
Have cp

I'm putting together a team for tonight and we would love to you have aboard. Friend me on PSN (name there is Admodieus). Thinking around 7 or 7:30 EST

Same. I have it on my lock but the dreadnought isn't unlocked yet.

What exactly unlocks the raid, beating the final story mission?

It's related to vanguard and Eris quests. I have it on my 285 Hunter but I haven't finished all the quests yet. If you get that unlocked today can I grab that CP from you? PSN is DeathJr? I will add you after work if that's cool.

Afrocious

Also, speaking of chests. Thank this based Sunsinger who was dicking around on the invisible platforms. If it wasn't for him already making the platforms visible, I probably wouldn't have gotten the scent chest.

My artifact is dragging my average light level down. Is there any way to get a better artifact other than hope one drops?

Eris' Court of Oryx quest nets you a 300 artifact. You can also complete the Taken War questline to get a 310 artifact. This requires clearing the raid though.

I'm putting together a team for tonight and we would love to you have aboard. Friend me on PSN (name there is Admodieus). Thinking around 7 or 7:30 EST

I'm looking to run it sooner rather than later since we don't know if reset on raid is tonight or not, but I will friend you and you can definitely message me later when you're figuring things out. I'll let you know if I'm in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
man I guess I was wrong about gambler's dagger and sealed ahamkara giving you 3 throwing knives... I don't get it as I swear last night I tried it and it did, woke up today and started a match and just two... bizarre :/

KxoZz

44/50 :/ I need the
maze CP from the raid.
If I can get that tonight, I will have it. Nami has it but he needs to unlock the raid with that character later today.

Gonna get as many Fragments as possible with a friend later. Only at 27 as of now. I hope I can get the remaining 18 without having to search for people who have raid CPs.

Klyka

Banned

297 light
295 snipe
299 heavy
Know mechanics
Have cp

If we hadn't had that damn lag, eh sub?

Man was that aggravating :(

Cruxist

Yup. I was feeling it after the first one.

I'd like to do it if it guaranteed legendaries that are at or above my light range, but I don't think that's the case. I did get a Tier 3 rune and that allowed me to finish up the Court of Oryx quest, which helped boost my light, but still...

X-Frame

Pretty excited for it, also can't wait to get to rank 4 gunsmith to see what happens :D

Hopefully the world drops the last Warmind fragment so the Sleeper Stimulant quest can begin!

And the "last" I think is speculation as well there may be more than just 5. I found 4 so far.

neoism

man this goddamn game ever since i got the hand cannon quest from gunsmith i havent found a single damn rare HC...

-_-

Top Bottom