• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
I'm looking to run it sooner rather than later since we don't know if reset on raid is tonight or not, but I will friend you and you can definitely message me later when you're figuring things out. I'll let you know if I'm in.
It's Monday, why would it be tonight? That's so random :p

The reset counter on the Bungie Advisors pane lists it at 18h17m from now, normal reset.

Are the raid fragments hard to get? Like if I did a runthrough and knew where to find them I could get them all no problem? Not touched the raid yet.

Afrocious

So just to be clear, you guys think I should spend 150 on year 2 suros over year 2 bad juju?

I don't know too much about what made both those guns both good or bad in Year 1 since I was gone, but I can tell you right now Year 2 Suros wrecks face in PvE.

Are the raid fragments hard to get? Like if I did a runthrough and knew where to find them I could get them all no problem? Not touched the raid yet.

I'd say one is. The others require you to keep your eyes open as you run through like normal.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
It's kinda crazy how quickly I jumped from 290 to 295 just by playing Court for a little while.

Ambitious

You will get it this reset! Me, you, Rene, Bits, Kxoz, and Flocki need to tear it up again!

I'm not available at reset, only like 6-7 hours afterwards. But I'd be down! We were an awesome team.
You gotta stop pronouncing my name "cocks" though haha

Depends when we start really, im getting up in 5.30 in the morning to get to work my time, but im home around timestamp on my posts above.

Edit: This post timestamp -1 hour is when im usually home. So around that time im ready

Yeah, I'm down, but reset time is way too early for me. The perfect time would be anytime between five hours later and nine hours later.

I don't know why, but I decided to purchase the legendary chest engram from Rahool, thinking it would be an upgrade to my 285 chest. I'm not having much luck finding a better one. I decrypted it...it was 270. Thanks asshole!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. I was feeling it after the first one.

I'd like to do it if it guaranteed legendaries that are at or above my light range, but I don't think that's the case. I did get a Tier 3 rune and that allowed me to finish up the Court of Oryx quest, which helped boost my light, but still...

Yeah it seems pointless at the moment. I got the tier three rune as well which was great this time but now I don't really feel like I need it again.

KxoZz

Got my charged agonarch rune! Now to figure out where the fight is

If you want to find out by yourself ignore the following:
Go to the Founts (route to the Darkblade and on the bottom floor of the founts there is a hole in the wall. Go in and you will find where to use it.

I just noticed I had this in my inventory with 2 out of 7 completed? What the hell is this thing?

When you come across one of those taken initiation points in the dreadnaught (little white globe with spinning little vortex on the ground) you spawn a few small battles with taken. There's a named guy in there, kill that.

You can do one each day and that adds a charge to the rune. After it has 7 charges, there is a right you can do where you get a chest to look. Its a large looking fight from what I have seen on a video of a guy that did it at Bungie.

Today is the first day its possible to do it in the wild since this is the 7th day the game is out. I am on my way to look for it now. I think I know where it is.

I have no idea. Can't wait to find out. I do know those skul and crossbones patrols on dreadnaught charges it thpough.
It charges by defeating the named Taken that can spawn on the Dreadnaught. If you see one of those Taken portals or whatever, get close to it and you can draw one out after killing all the minions. However, there is only one named Taken a day so you have to charge it on seven different days.

rNilla

I'd love to do some raiding tonight if I'm not working all evening. I don't even care about finishing, I just want a taste before reset.

X-Frame

Apparently the Striker Titan's Juggernaut ability shield will activate when you're holding and sprinting with your Sword in PvP.

Definitely trying this soon!

When you come across one of those taken initiation points in the dreadnaught (little white globe with spinning little vortex on the ground) you spawn a few small battles with taken. There's a named guy in there, kill that.

You can do one each day and that adds a charge to the rune. After it has 7 charges, there is a right you can do where you get a chest to look. Its a large looking fight from what I have seen on a video of a guy that did it at Bungie.

Today is the first day its possible to do it in the wild since this is the 7th day the game is out. I am on my way to look for it now. I think I know where it is.

I completed this yesterday, got a fragment and some legendaries from the chest that needs the charged Argonarch rune

R0ckman

I don't know why, but I decided to purchase the legendary chest engram from Rahool, thinking it would be an upgrade to my 285 chest. I'm not having much luck finding a better one. I decrypted it...it was 270. Thanks asshole!

Did they increase the roll range of defense and attack values when you get to the upper light levels.

Raybunny

Oh man that is so good. Anyone up to do that event in 1 hour? My rune is at 4/7

Ocean I am looking at you. M A L I C E B O Y Z

Wow. How about we start an Argonach train? You and someone else charge yours during Tyler's event, four other people charge theirs during the event of you and the second player, and so on.

Indeed its multiplicative. 2 charge their runes in one run then they do a fireteam separately then 4 new charge theirs then all gaf is doing it today.

matmanx1

Im torn what to spend my marks on Thunderlord or the FWC machine gun (looks the best of a bad lot) or wait till tomorrow and see what engrams Rahool brings.

Edit The ridiculous crucible quest for the nightfall level rewards https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ble_quest_line_from_lord_shaxx_how_to_unlock/

I'm an average PVP player but I really enjoy the Crucible. I have to really work hard to progress and get kills and I am up to the New Monarchy stage of this quest. So far it hasn't been too bad but I am looking at those later steps where you have to get 6 kills of a specific type (autorifle, scoutrifle, etc) in a win and those will be more difficult.

Oh that quest line.

That one is great. PvP players will get it naturally by just playing, and others get to discover the modes and dip their toes. I don't think it's grindy since most steps only take a game or two to complete.

I thought you meant the Subclass PvP quests with their esoteric requirements.

I respectfully disagree. It is grindy. Winning is out of your control many times and those latter steps all require you to win for your performance to count. Got 6 autorifle kills but your team lost? Oh well, get in there and do it again!

How about that last step? Get 9 points. Only wins count and you lose a point every time you enter a new match. Depending on your team that could be bad.

Still, I am committed to slowly getting it done. Just for the fun of it!

Afrocious

The Charged Argonach Chest is located in a room
heading toward that boss ogre you fight in that last story mission for the Taken War.

IIRC, from the Mausoleum coming from spawn, head left and through the doorway. You'll be in the Founts. Go down a few hallways, then drop down into the floor to the bottom level. Keep going forward until you see a crack in the wall. Go in there and you'll see the chest.

Wow. How about we start an Argonach train? You and someone else charge yours during Tyler's event, four other people charge theirs during the event of you and the second player, and so on.

Yes please. And keep the train rolling for the next 7 hours so I can charge mine after work. :)

Jinjo

I'm starting a party up if you guys want in

1. davidbloop
2. Arrrammis
3. toastyToast

Who else for the the checkpoint just before G Boss

Ok so we have room for Jinjo and Hzoltan for G Checkpoint in raid. We're just waiting on you guys so yay!

just add me 'davidbloop' or Jinjo just join up.

Hzoltan and Jinjooooo where you at my brothers?

I'm at work still :( Back home in 30 minutes about. I can understand if you guys wanna go already..

Afrocious

Yeah, a train would be helpful for the rune. Those who get theirs charged this way can join the train and help other folks as well.

123rl

Any tips on finding a 290+ ghost? Thats's my weak point on two characters. Both are 293 but with a good ghost I can easily hit 295, maybe 296. I know it'll be a random drop but what should I be doing to maximise my chances?

LTWood12

Is there a reason Bad Juju and Red Death don't show year 2 versions for me to buy? Is it just because I don't have the year 1 versions actually on my character? They're in my vault.

Oh man that is so good. Anyone up to do that event in 1 hour? My rune is at 4/7

Ocean I am looking at you. M A L I C E B O Y Z

Indeed its multiplicative. 2 charge their runes in one run then they do a fireteam separately then 4 new charge theirs then all gaf is doing it today.

Anyone know if it works if I have already opened the chest this week?
It seems I can´t charge the new Rune I got after I had used up mine on that chest, must be a weekly cap per character.

However I could use my Alt as that rune has 2 charges so far

Afrocious

Any tips on finding a 290+ ghost? Thats's my weak point on two characters. Both are 293 but with a good ghost I can easily hit 295, maybe 296. I know it'll be a random drop but what should I be doing to maximise my chances?

Court of Oryx.

Court of Oryx and raiding are the only reliable ways I've been able to get my light up once I hit 290.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

First half of Raid.

Deku Tree

Is there a reason Bad Juju and Red Death don't show year 2 versions for me to buy? Is it just because I don't have the year 1 versions actually on my character? They're in my vault.

Do they show as being unlocked on your Year 1 exotic weapons kiosk page? That sounds like a really weird bug... the game should have checked the items in your vault and everywhere else. Can you post a picture of both your Year 1 and Year 2 exotic weapons kiosk page?

So is anyone using 3 of coins on the court of oryx? Seems like a great spot to kill ultras quickly...

For some reason the 3oC never procs for me in CoO, and I keep the buff. I don't know if it just doesn't work there or if I am doing something wrong.

Afrocious

Bungie could legit make a survival horror game if they wanted. Patrolling some of the nooks and crannies of the Dreadnought is quite eerie if you're alone. Going through the Founts in patrol was straight creepy considering how empty it is and all the noise you hear.

purg3

slept with Malkin

I've also had a 295 shell drop in CoO a few times, or the raid ghost shell is 300+

Agent

I have a random infusion question/issue. I received a 300 attack Ded Alia III rare shotgun which I wanted to use to infuse to my 1000 Yard Stare sniper rifle. However, no matter what gun I try to infuse the shotgun onto, it is not an option to select. Every other gun I have is able to be infused into the sniper rifle. In looking in the bungie.net armory, I noticed it says the item is removed. I wonder if that is the reason why it can't be infused to anything? Am I missing something here?

Here is the armory link: https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?item=3674551671&itemname=Ded%20Alia%20III

Top Bottom