• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ethomaz

Banned
Wait...

The kills with TLW equipped can be done with the special weapons? Just need the crap TLW equipped?

If so then it will be more easy.

Bizazedo

Wow, my two heavy exotic engrams were a complete bust. Year 1 Thuderlord, which I already have, and Gjallarhorn, which is like my 5th one at this point. Huge waste of strange coins. Fucking hell. I didn't think they would decrypt into year 1 exotics. Smart loot my ass. Never buying those again. Going with the coins to boost drop rates. Maybe then smart loot will apply.
No, those are year one exotics only. I made the same mistake, wasted 93 coins.

LTWood12

I did mine before 9 because now I am working :(

Am on a work call right now - all I want to do is farm

giphy.gif

Zoidberg

Dark Suros
Jade Rabbit
Telesto
Invective
Helm of Inmost Light
Ruin Wings (x2)
Immolation Fists
Crest of Alpha Lupi (x3)

This three of coins is fucking amazing. All above from about 45.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This is why everyone has cool stuff and I don't. Stuff like this shit 3 coin happens when Im at work. :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They are so going to fix this, and I won't get shite :(

Yeah I am gonna be really unhappy if ToC is nerfed into oblivion (or removed) by the time I get home. I would rather they just let today and tomorrow run their course and patch in a change for next weekend and going forward. At least give everyone a chance to experience the madness, not just those who were able to farm all morning.

ocean

Banned
Wait...

The kills with TLW equipped can be done with the special weapons? Just need the crap TLW equipped?

If so then it will be more easy.
Just need it equipped. Secondary, Heavy, Super, grenade...just get kills while TLW is equipped.

Similarly, deaths while it isn't equipped don't set you back (clutch decision if your team loses both heavies or something)

Ophelion

I really hope they can't find a way to patch this trickiness out before I get some sweet, sweet exotics out of it.

In other news, I only made it to 250 light. :-( Guess no raiding for me this weekend.

It's called a "Legacy" Engram, they're guaranteed to be Year 1 stuff with the old attack stats. The Helm Engram on sale is Year 2 with guaranteed 290 Light engrams from it.

Fuck me, how did I not notice the, "Legacy" description. Ugh, huge waste of coins.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Coin hype and exotic farming aside, will someone shed some light?

I need your assistance dgaf. Also smh for this thread being on page 20 when I wake up lol. Basically I need to know best way to farm those relic drops for gunsmith and how to get higher artifacts. They just aren't dropping for me and I'm stagnant in the 280s because of this.

Ophelion

Not a glitch, just an easy way to kill ultras. Buy Three of Coins, burn one, kill Draksis and yourself at the same time. Repeat. Profit.

Maybe not a "glitch" but almost certainly not an intended use of them. An exploit. One that Bungie in the coming days/hours depending on how fast their programmers are will totally no fun police all over.

Lee

Not a glitch, just an easy way to kill ultras. Buy Three of Coins, burn one, kill Draksis and yourself at the same time. Repeat. Profit.

Was Queen's gear turning to shards a glitch? Was Xur selling strange coins and people being able to churn and burn characters to buy tons?

This isn't a "glitch," but Bungie will patch it.

stb

Wow, my two heavy exotic engrams were a complete bust. Year 1 Thuderlord, which I already have, and Gjallarhorn, which is like my 5th one at this point. Huge waste of strange coins. Fucking hell. I didn't think they would decrypt into year 1 exotics. Smart loot my ass. Never buying those again. Going with the coins to boost drop rates. Maybe then smart loot will apply.

"Legacy" didn't tip you off?

Edit: late. Sorry for the snark, I get prickly when "smart loot" is misused, especially in this circumstance.

Afrocious

Coin hype and exotic farming aside, will someone shed some light?

Basically, there's an item called Three of Coins you can buy from Xur. Buy some, then do the Scourge of Winter story quest. Get all the way to the Ultra boss at the end, Draxis. Shoot up 4 times in the head with an ice breaker but dont kill him. Pop an Three of Coins, then suicide run into him with a rocket, killing both you and him. You'll be loaded back to the checkpoint.

If he doesn't drop an exotic, pop another ToC and repeat.

ocean

Banned
FUCK. I did that two and got two SGAs. WTF. Does it say anywhere that it will only decrypt to Y1?
It's called Legacy and they explained in their Weekly update.

To be honest, they should be clearer about this in-game. I remember with TDB people taking their max, 331 Exotics to "upgrade" with Xur...paid 7k Glimmer, reset all their XP on the weapon, and went back to 302. Like why the fuck would the game even let you do that.

This is another situation where a new player who doesn't read Bungie's blog might spend his entire Strange Coin hoard on useless old weapons which serve for nothing other than collecting.

Kalamari

Also, the exotic armor stats are random, Don't touch me's I picked up yesterday from an engram has strength and int, while the one that dropped today has strength only.

Razorskin

----- ------
Only bought 10 ToC and got 3 exotics, the chest has better defence but getting an extra tripmine from my exotic gauntlets is too good to give up..

R0ckman

What's the likelyhood of Bungie like immediately fixing this today? Might take a day off to farm. I'm not a vacation guy so I just store all of vacation hours lol.

Navy Bean

Maybe not a "glitch" but almost certainly not an intended use of them. An exploit. One that Bungie in the coming days/hours depending on how fast their programmers are will totally no fun police all over.

In my mind it's a very minor exploit. Doesn't change the math which appears to be that you get approximately 1 exotic per 5 coins. YMMV.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Basically, there's an item called Three of Coins you can buy from Xur. Buy some, then do the Scourge of Winter story quest. Get all the way to the Ultra boss at the end, Draxis. Shoot up 4 times in the head with an ice breaker but dont kill him. Pop an Three of Coins, then suicide run into him with a rocket, killing both you and him. You'll be loaded back to the checkpoint.

If he doesn't drop an exotic, pop another ToC and repeat.
No Afro lol I know about that. I'm talking about my quote below that text lol. Thank you though.

def sim

PSA: When doing the Three of Coin trick, DO NOT pick up engrams until you are entirely finished. Your stacking enhanced drop chance buff doesn't reset until you pick up the engram! You do still have to use a coin each time however.

well I fucked up

Top Bottom