• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Klyka

Banned
You know guys, I realize we are like, the 1% hardcore guys, but....am I the only one who feels a little sad how quickly we have already progressed and raised our light?

I am at 296 now, I am at the last boss of the raid and tomorrow it's gonna be 1 week.

ONE WEEK.

I know I want to grab tons of cool loot still and such but it's mostly for looks and kicks because the "ceiling" has kinda been reached already.

I don't know,I just had hoped things would last a bit longer I guess.

stb

I'm not kidding when I say I have 5 Antiquated runes.

CPb5LvHWEAAS-hc.jpg:orig

Tier 2 and 3 runes not stacking is sort of annoying. Hasn't been a problem for me, yet, but it just seems unnecessary.

LiK

You know guys, I realize we are like, the 1% hardcore guys, but....am I the only one who feels a little sad how quickly we have already progressed and raised our light?

I am at 296 now, I am at the last boss of the raid and tomorrow it's gonna be 1 week.

ONE WEEK.

I know I want to grab tons of cool loot still and such but it's mostly for looks and kicks because the "ceiling" has kinda been reached already.

I've been playing MGSV and I already felt left behind by you guys.

ONE WEEK.

Yeah I kind of agree, I had hoped for a little more content..but at the same time its impossible to create something that will last a long time for Hardcore gamers with unlimited gaming time.

Liamc723

Would anyone be willing to help me with the The Taken War quests?

I need to defeat lieutenants on Mars and Venus.

My PSN is Liam_Croft.

Yeah I kind of agree, I had hoped for a little more content..but at the same time its impossible to create something that will last a long time for Hardcore gamers with unlimited gaming time.

Yeah exactly. It's like 40 hours of content at minimum, people just blew through it all in one 40 hour chunk lmao

ocean

Banned

ONE WEEK.

Beats HoW's fanciful 1 day trip :p

There's still a ton of stuff we don't have and don't even know how to get. This ride isn't over yet. We haven't seen any new Boots or Heavies, haven't seen what Heroic will be (they hinted something about the Raid not just being Normal and Hard, wonder what that meant), we still haven't unraveled all the secrets of the Dreadnaught and Raid (of which PoE had exactly 0)...

I kind of know what you mean, I'd have liked months of stuff to do. But playing the way we play, I don't think the game's format will allow such a thing short of the inevitable sequel.

Klyka

Banned
Maybe I should just quit my job and become a full-time Destiny streamer for a living lol.

Are you gonna be the cool bro type streamer or the nerdy rage type who shouts at teammates?

This is important,you need to get your chracter nailed down.

Deku Tree

edit: Also not sure why it shows I have 0 marks when I have 130.
Sure thing.
Year one:
Nqk9Fsml.jpg

Year two:
aBgyV0jl.jpg

Wood, I think that is a bug just with the Bungie App.

My Bungie App on iOS looks the same as yours. But in the actual tower in game I can buy both Juju and RD for Year 2.

Tovarisc

LFM

Looking 2 people for Oryx kill. Light level 290+ required, previous experience and/or kill appreciated, but not required. Patience and ammo syths also will be required.

We are on PS4.

DjRalford

ONE WEEK.

Only a week but I still have a ton of quests to do, I've put in over 1.5 days of in game time in the past 6 days and still have stuff to do, actually been enjoying all the storyline quests too.

They did say vertical levelling would be quick, but horizontal levelling would take a while.

stb

ONE WEEK.

I realize it's the pot calling the kettle black (dark gray? I took Tue/Wed off and played ~26 hours those days), but that's what happens when people grind the shit out of the content.

It did last a long time; 40ish hours of play is more than most games offer. People just compressed it into 4 days. =)

Klyka

Banned
haven't seen what Heroic will be (they hinted something about the Raid not just being Normal and Hard, wonder what that meant),

I swear to you and screenshot this post, it has something to do with the "boss 1 challenge, boss 2 challenge boss 3 challenge" when you hover over the raid on bungie.net.

no other raid has this.

I swear there will be different bosses. Bungie's entire shtick with Taken King is VARIATION this time. Strikes vary, enemies vary, dialogue varies, etc...
No fucking way they put it in everywhere but not into their prized raid.

purg3

slept with Malkin

There's a ton of content and HM raid is probably a month or two a way. Can't really fault the game when people are putting in over 40+ hours in less than a full week span lol.

I realize it's the pot calling the kettle black (dark gray? I took Tue/Wed off and played ~26 hours those days), but that's what happens when people grind the shit out of the content.

It did last a long time; 40ish hours of play is more than most games offer. People just compressed it into 4 days. =)

I wonder how much I played over the past week. Felt like I was on for at least 8 hours each day

lt519

Our clan gets to try the raid tomorrow blind! Then I'll come back to the thread. I know you've all missed me dearly :p

bitsurugi

Ok. So you guys are CET it seems and about 6 hours ahead of Rene and I.

If we wanted to do it tomorrow it would be 5pm my time and 11pm your time. That doesn't sound like it will be good cause of work. So Friday/Sat would work well for our team to get together. PLUS, there's SO much to do on reset now and arms day and quests...

I am game for this. Just make a chat and post the ETA, will be on.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Still haven't beat oryx with my clan. I may turn to a destiny gaf group for my quell my hunger for victory. The betrayal is real

Top Bottom