• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

It's related to vanguard and Eris quests. I have it on my 285 Hunter but I haven't finished all the quests yet. If you get that unlocked today can I grab that CP from you? PSN is DeathJr? I will add you after work if that's cool.

ruthlesbarbarian

I saw your message on psn earlier, but couldn't load the cp due to it not being unlocked

LTWood12

Let's try and put something together for 8ct/9est shall we?

I'll check in w/ you and Puma this eve.

Wood, I think that is a bug just with the Bungie App.

My Bungie App on iOS looks the same as yours. But in the actual tower in game I can buy both Juju and RD for Year 2.

hmmm really? I could have sword I checked in-game and they weren't showing, but now I'm not so sure. I'll check when I get home. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Wow. How about we start an Argonach train? You and someone else charge yours during Tyler's event, four other people charge theirs during the event of you and the second player, and so on.
Sorry, I fucked up and mistakenly looted the chest :(

I can confirm that it does charge the rune completely by just doing the event. Thanks Tyler!

I swear to you and screenshot this post, it has something to do with the "boss 1 challenge, boss 2 challenge boss 3 challenge" when you hover over the raid on bungie.net.

no other raid has this.

I swear there will be different bosses. Bungie's entire shtick with Taken King is VARIATION this time. Strikes vary, enemies vary, dialogue varies, etc...
No fucking way they put it in everywhere but not into their prized raid.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Variable raid bosses each week would be pretty great.

ocean

Banned
I swear to you and screenshot this post, it has something to do with the "boss 1 challenge, boss 2 challenge boss 3 challenge" when you hover over the raid on bungie.net.

no other raid has this.

I swear there will be different bosses. Bungie's entire shtick with Taken King is VARIATION this time. Strikes vary, enemies vary, dialogue varies, etc...
No fucking way they put it in everywhere but not into their prized raid.
Don't wanna hype myself into disappointment but I do think it's def. possible we'll se more/different encounters.

BraXzy

LFG cracks me up. One listing says

"LF1M for Oryx. Be experienced with the fight because we will not explain it."

lol, amongst many other things wrong with this mentality the raid came out 3 days ago. smh.

No.

I get what you mean but let's face it, if you've been at it for five hours and then someone drops out because its late, you don't want to be looking for a new guy who will take another hour to get up to speed, you want it over with.

By all means, new raid runs asking for 'pro's' only at this stage is a bit unfair but I think it's perfectly fine to want someone who knows what they're doing (probably from a disbanded raid group) to finish a run.

lt519

Beats HoW's fanciful 1 day trip :p

There's still a ton of stuff we don't have and don't even know how to get. This ride isn't over yet. We haven't seen any new Boots or Heavies, haven't seen what Heroic will be (they hinted something about the Raid not just being Normal and Hard, wonder what that meant), we still haven't unraveled all the secrets of the Dreadnaught and Raid (of which PoE had exactly 0)...

I kind of know what you mean, I'd have liked months of stuff to do. But playing the way we play, I don't think the game's format will allow such a thing short of the inevitable sequel.

It's odd if you look at your advisor and the King's Fall raid it calls out three specific challenges. I wouldn't be surprised if each week had a new wrinkle and was on a 4 week or so rotation. Just in time for my group to jump into the "new" new raid on Tuesday and get steamrolled because all the mechanics have changed. No different to us though we already have no clue what is going on since we haven't looked at anything.

Oh man that is so good. Anyone up to do that event in 1 hour? My rune is at 4/7

Ocean I am looking at you. M A L I C E B O Y Z

Indeed its multiplicative. 2 charge their runes in one run then they do a fireteam separately then 4 new charge theirs then all gaf is doing it today.

Yup I'll be up for it.

stb

I wonder how much I played over the past week. Felt like I was on for at least 8 hours each day

Tuesday: 16 hours
Wednesday: 10 hours
Thursday: 4 hours
Friday: 3 hours
Saturday: 5 hours
Sunday: 3 hours

Total so far: 46 hours
Average/day: almost 8 hours (fully falling into "second job", which is EXPLICITLY what Luke warned us about them not wanting people to feel like they need to do).
(one char at 40/295, ~halfway(?) through raid(?) RAID SPOILER:
group got to Warpriest and have figured out all the mechanics. Got to under 5% of health, so we just need to execute it now.

So Swords:

• Can I only get one per character?
  • Is the Exotic version of the sword worth trading in the legendary for? I.e. Is it worthy of an exotic slot over something like Zhalo Supercell/Telesto/Etc.
  • If I upgrade to the exotic, is it possible to get another of the same element so I can have both an exotic & a legendary Solar sword?

Also, I'm maxed on marks. I have a 299 1000 Yard Stare already. I'm using a blue rocket launcher at 295 and have a NM machine gun at 293. I have no idea what to buy. Any ideas?

dbMiciM.png

Being above ♦290 makes marks pretty useless.

ruthlesbarbarian

I saw your message on psn earlier, but couldn't load the cp due to it not being unlocked

Oh perfect! Thank you SO much. I'll drop you a PSN message tonight when I am home. I'll also get it up for a while so others can get it today! Touch of Malice here we come guys!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You know guys, I realize we are like, the 1% hardcore guys, but....am I the only one who feels a little sad how quickly we have already progressed and raised our light?

I am at 296 now, I am at the last boss of the raid and tomorrow it's gonna be 1 week.

ONE WEEK.

I know I want to grab tons of cool loot still and such but it's mostly for looks and kicks because the "ceiling" has kinda been reached already.

I don't know,I just had hoped things would last a bit longer I guess.

This is what I was saying when Crota was released. We had the raid beat in a few days, and hard mode was just more of the same. For Crota's DLC, beating the raid was pretty much it. However, for TTK, beating the raid is really only one part of the DLC. There's still a lot more to do.

LTWood12

I'm only 226. wanna get to 240 just to do the damn Heroic strikes for better loot :(

Those strikes are tough even at 280, though some of that is due to being forced to use certain gear to keep your light up. Echo Chamber on Heroic w/ randoms is incredibly tough.

Deku Tree

I'll check in w/ you and Puma this eve.

hmmm really? I could have sword I checked in-game and they weren't showing, but now I'm not so sure. I'll check when I get home. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Well I was curious when I saw the pictures of your phone, because I didn't realize you could look at the kiosks on the iOS App.

thx

Future

You know guys, I realize we are like, the 1% hardcore guys, but....am I the only one who feels a little sad how quickly we have already progressed and raised our light?

I am at 296 now, I am at the last boss of the raid and tomorrow it's gonna be 1 week.

ONE WEEK.

I know I want to grab tons of cool loot still and such but it's mostly for looks and kicks because the "ceiling" has kinda been reached already.

If it's about maintaining content week to week, then the only way to do that is through events right. I mean the true hardcore can blast through 60 hours in one week. No game can withstand that ha. Destiny is actually pretty good at using iron banner, xur, and now the gunsmith to provide new things week to week.

I guess they could have locked more content around higher light levels. But that would have been crazy for those not as hardcore. I played a ton and am at 285 light with almost all blue armor and only a few legendary weapons

That said I'm sure you haven't done everything right. Unlocking the pop nightfall equivalent. 3 characters to potentially max out each with their own swords and class based equipment and subclasses to level. Maximized legendaries for multiple build options. That's the stuff you can't race through, although you will be repeating content of course

Hopefully bungee has more events up their sleeve. Stuff like the old queens wrath but much better executed

ONE WEEK.

This was deliberate. Sure, you're 296 now, but look at your stats and perks. They're garbage. You may even still be wearing blues. The goal was to provide quick avenues to max power so everyone could contribute and then after that work on optimizing and specializing. I worked hard on clearing quests over the weekend and still have 3 tabs of quests. Game's got plenty of legs left.

It's amazing how much stuff there is to do in the game now. I'm working on Shaxx quests, but I need to get my rank up with the queen and eris, weapon bounties, raid, Coo, strikes, crucible, dailies, find calcified fragments, etc. I'm really overwhelmed, but in a good way.

At 290, the legendary engrams from the cryptarch can decript into less than 290 gear?

Yep. Got a legendary gauntlet engram today on my Hunter and I was really happy since that's the one piece of armour that's holding me back from 300+. Engram decrypted into 287 gauntlets. 2 light higher than what I have.

Did put me at 298 overall though.

Edit: wait, you mean the engrams you can buy? No idea. Never bought one.

Baliis

Did so many antiquated runes with friends and randoms.

CPb_nJHU8AEnwSy.jpg:large

Court is really fun if you can find the people for it. I saw a group of 3 attempting the antiquated rune, but failing, so I just jumped in and helped them do it, then stuck around for a while as they did other times.

Deku Tree

So Swords:

• Can I only get one per character?
  • Is the Exotic version of the sword worth trading in the legendary for? I.e. Is it worthy of an exotic slot over something like Zhalo Supercell/Telesto/Etc.
  • If I upgrade to the exotic, is it possible to get another of the same element so I can have both an exotic & a legendary Solar sword?

Also, I'm maxed on marks. I have a 299 1000 Yard Stare already. I'm using a blue rocket launcher at 295 and have a NM machine gun at 293. I have no idea what to buy. Any ideas?

dbMiciM.png

Being above ♦290 makes marks pretty useless.

Unless you want (1) to buy armor for an Alt to level them up much quicker or (2) there is a legendary in the tower with perks that you really really like and you plan to infuse it up to max power or (3) you want to infuse some of your existing gear to higher power levels.

Klyka

Banned
If it's about maintaining content week to week, then the only way to do that is through events right. I mean the true hardcore can blast through 60 hours in one week. No game can withstand that ha. Destiny is actually pretty good at using iron banner, xur, and now the gunsmith to provide new things week to week.

I guess they could have locked more content around higher light levels. But that would have been crazy for those not as hardcore. I played a ton and am at 285 light with almost all blue armor and only a few legendary weapons

That said I'm sure you haven't done everything right. Unlocking the pop nightfall equivalent. 3 characters to potentially max out each with their own swords and class based equipment and subclasses to level. Maximized legendaries for multiple build options. That's the stuff you can't race through, although you will be repeating content of course

Hopefully bungee has more events up their sleeve. Stuff like the old queens wrath but much better executed

I think the new quest system will allow bungie to add a lot of new stuff with more regular patches. They can just make up quests and put them in the game and there you go. it's quite great!

It's amazing how much stuff there is to do in the game now. I'm working on Shaxx quests, but I need to get my rank up with the queen and eris, weapon bounties, raid, Coo, strikes, crucible, dailies, find calcified fragments, etc. I'm really overwhelmed, but in a good way.

It's the absolute best. I can't get over it.

Top Bottom