• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Klyka

Banned
I was actually kinda surprised how easy CoO lvl 3 was tbh.

Well, I see CoO as just a public event with slightly more intricate mechanics.
You're supposed to be able to clear it with up to 9 random people without voice chat.

I think Bungie put this in as a cool way for people who don't raid and such to fight some mechanic-lite bosses and get some good loot.

LkPr

did anyone else have the "Blighted Worlds" quest bug on them? I am almost finished all of the planetary Taken World quests and I JUST got the Blighted Worlds quest. What am I supposed to do with it now?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My favorite Fusion Rifle thus far, I even find it more useful than Telesto

That's a pretty cool perk. I kinda wish there were more shielded enemies to make elemental damage more important. I was really wanting an elemental primary weapon in TTK... then I realized that I only used them before on the applicable nightfall.

MechDX

Court is really fun if you can find the people for it. I saw a group of 3 attempting the antiquated rune, but failing, so I just jumped in and helped them do it, then stuck around for a while as they did other times.

Me and a friend did it randomly last night just messing around. Next thing we know a couple higher level players joined in and placed a coin for the highest level. Me and my friend were do doing little damage. The random placed another coin and my fireteam focused on the ADS while the higher level guys went after the bosses.

Next thing we know we completed the quest without trying. lol Good times!

Also where do you get the keys for the chests in the dreadnaught?

gk1225

Neo Member
Hi everybody! I have been lurking around DGAF for a while and just wanted to put my name out there if any one wants to form a team for Nightfall/Raid/etc. I am a 290 Hunter. I unfortunately don't have a mic but I am a good listener. Thanks!

PSN: gk1225

deoee

I don't know if I should buy the primary engram from Rahool. Don't need to spend the marks on anthing else (no need for blueprint exotics right now).

How does this work? Will the weapon roll any dmg stat ? Can it becom an exotic?

commish

I was actually kinda surprised how easy CoO lvl 3 was tbh.

After me and 2 other guys did it my first time, I was like, "That was it?" I expected it to be so much harder by how people were trying to form 6 man teams.

stb

I wonder what sort of Legendary Mark sink they'll be adding.

I'd love a way to convert them to other STUFF, even if it took a few hops.

E.g. convert marks to black wax idols to spend with Eris for runes, or flakes, even at a highish exchange rate.

What is the best way to stock up on runes before hitting up CoO? Do runes drop while running CoO so you can keep going easily? I only ran it three times solo yesterday. I don't remember if runes drop, other than I charged up three of the runes I already had got from killing zealots on patrol.

DjRalford

Which makes the marks-related panic pretty funny, in hindsight.

To begin with even I was like wtf

But in one week I've earned about 400 marks in total, not sure if this is repeatable as I earnt quite a few from one time quests, but I've certainly not been lacking.

Klyka

Banned
I wonder what sort of Legendary Mark sink they'll be adding.

I'd love a way to convert them to other STUFF, even if it took a few hops.

E.g. convert marks to black wax idols to spend with Eris for runes, or flakes, even at a highish exchange rate.

I'm preeeetty sure the legendary mark sink is supposed to be the engrams from the cryptarch.

stb

can you help me with Tier 1 tonight? I need better gear so bad

While I fully endorse doing CoO with pals, Tier 1 CoO is an absolute cakewalk with even 2 other randoms, as long as you're at the minimum light.

If you're itching to play, just go hang out by CoO for a little bit, and stuff just organically starts happening.

stb

I'm preeeetty sure the legendary mark sink is supposed to be the engrams from the cryptarch.

I totally forgot about that.

In addition to that, though, I feel like there should be an exchange, rather than a slot machine pull. =)

eagledare

Anyone know if the year one exotics/legendaries are still viable in PvP? For PVE I've moved on to all 280ish year two attack weps but just wondering if there's any reason to bring Matador or Thorn into PvP instead of those weps.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
After me and 2 other guys did it my first time, I was like, "That was it?" I expected it to be so much harder by how people were trying to form 6 man teams.

Yeah... That 300 light level is an exaggerated suggestion if anything imo

Lvl 2 was more difficult depending on what you roll honestly. Its harder to get a large group that can't really communicate to do certain little things against a clock like moving knights closer together amidst the Suicide Thrall/Ogre party.

Lvl 3 was cake. Did it with 3 guys. We weren't even talking among each other either lol

Navy Bean

Thinking of buying Y2 version of Truth or Thunderlord for the raid. Any advice from people that have raided on which would be better?

Klyka

Banned
Man, the Grimoire this time around is even better than the old one.

Some of the stuff in there implies some crazy shit.

Also, Eris Morn? A boss. A bawss even.
Just in case you ddin't know after her little post-regicide cutscene

Man, the Grimoire this time around is even better than the old one.

Some of the stuff in there implies some crazy shit.

Also, Eris Morn? A boss. A bawss even.
Just in case you ddin't know after her little post-regicide cutscene

Klyka, you wanted to join in on that T3 rune ? You asked about it yesterday and I got caught up in raiding.

commish

Hi everybody! I have been lurking around DGAF for a while and just wanted to put my name out there if any one wants to form a team for Nightfall/Raid/etc. I am a 290 Hunter. I unfortunately don't have a mic but I am a good listener. Thanks!

PSN: gk1225

Welcome! IMO if you're going to be playing a lot of Destiny, you should probably get a cheap mic. It's just easier to talk to people, at least in a raid. I didn't talk to anyone on PS4 until Destiny, and now it's so normal that it seems weird not to talk to everyone. You certainly meet some characters, haha.

You know guys, I realize we are like, the 1% hardcore guys, but....am I the only one who feels a little sad how quickly we have already progressed and raised our light?

I am at 296 now, I am at the last boss of the raid and tomorrow it's gonna be 1 week.

ONE WEEK.

I know I want to grab tons of cool loot still and such but it's mostly for looks and kicks because the "ceiling" has kinda been reached already.

I don't know,I just had hoped things would last a bit longer I guess.

Yeah, but that's like 40+ hours right there. Plus there's lot of busy work collectathon stuff you can do afterwards, running around patrols waiting for Champions or finding those 50 Calcified Doohickies. And the Crucible, if you're into Halo Reach + CoD + Randomness

LiK

While I fully endorse doing CoO with pals, Tier 1 CoO is an absolute cakewalk with even 2 other randoms, as long as you're at the minimum light.

If you're itching to play, just go hang out by CoO for a little bit, and stuff just organically starts happening.

I've been so out of it that I don't even know where to start it. was just trying to do quests and farm those chests in Dreadnaught.

You know, I really don't get how people can be struggling for marks. I've had enough marks this week to buy a ghost, cloak, weapon, infuse a bunch of shit and still have nearly 100 and I haven't done any dailies today.

This new mark system is much better than the previous one.

Top Bottom