• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ich00

Are you looking to run it tonight? I just got up to 290 myself and haven't had a chance to get in a group yet.

Possibly if I can hit 290+ fairly quick. I'd be happy to just beat a phase or two before reset for a chance at some higher level gear. I'll be on a little after 8 central.

I'm a little behind on the thread, but if you guys want to give it a run, I'm looking for 3 people to join my brother and a friend tonight around 930EST.

MechDX

You know, I really don't get how people can be struggling for marks. I've had enough marks this week to buy a ghost, cloak, weapon, infuse a bunch of shit and still have nearly 100 and I haven't done any dailies today.

This new mark system is much better than the previous one.

I really cant understand how you get so many marks.

So just finished Regicide. That left me at lvl 39 light 192. As someone just back into Destiny who is overwhelmed with finishing old DLC and the dozens of new post-story quests... where do i go next to gain better gear/weapons at light lvl 192? I'm too low for dailys, nightfalls, strikes and CoO... correct?

Man, the Grimoire this time around is even better than the old one.

Some of the stuff in there implies some crazy shit.

Also, Eris Morn? A boss. A bawss even.
Just in case you ddin't know after her little post-regicide cutscene

Can you explain her motivations? Is she evil?

Klyka

Banned
So just finished Regicide. That left me at lvl 39 light 192. As someone just back into Destiny who is overwhelmed with finishing old DLC and the dozens of new post-story quests... where do i go next to gain better gear/weapons at light lvl 192? I'm too low for dailys, nightfalls, strikes and CoO... correct?

You literally just play the game. The game drops engrams like crazy now and you will bit by bit get higher and higher light.

Follow quest lines that unlocked for you,they can give you pretty sweet rewards and also marks you can use to buy items with 280 light.

But basically: Do what you want and can :D

Can you explain her motivations? Is she evil?

Her motivation is basically: "Fuck the Hive, fuck Oryx". That's kinda what it boils down to. She is only out for revenge, she does not care how or at what price, she WILL get revenge. She went to the Awoken Queen together with a "man" who wasn't identified (but to the Awoken Queen it looked like Eris could barely look into his direction) to ask her for help against Oryx and basically the entire setup of Taken King,everything that happened up until the Guardians kill him in the raid, is something that Eris and the Queen have foreseen (as in,properly foreseen in visions,etc..) and set up. Basically ever since TDB Eris Morn was pulling HUGE strings and made the Guardians her tool to kill Oryx in the end.

EL CUCO

So it looks like we have 2 open spots for Guardians looking to complete King's Fall tonight. We will be starting from G
orgoroth

Estimated start time 9pm EST on PS4.

If you're interested, feel free to quote with your PSN name in the list and I'll add you.

1. Me
2. Deku
3. Miidsoss
4. Clanmate
5.?
6.?

123rl

I have an antiquated rune and I'm on Xbox if anyone wants to join me. I'll be on in about 4-5 hours, so about 10pm GMT. Gamertag is rlench. I don't think I have you on my list.

Guys, Infusion or Better Already? I'm torn.

I have an antiquated rune and I'm on Xbox if anyone wants to join me. I'll be on in about 4-5 hours, so about 10pm GMT. Gamertag is rlench. I don't think I have you on my list.

I'll try and make it on then. I'm saving my rune until I get the quest to complete one in under 2 minutes.

lt519

You know, I really don't get how people can be struggling for marks. I've had enough marks this week to buy a ghost, cloak, weapon, infuse a bunch of shit and still have nearly 100 and I haven't done any dailies today.

This new mark system is much better than the previous one.

People just freaked at the beginning because we didn't know blues went up to 300. I was a bit ticked because I thought to get raid ready I was going to have to rely on random legendary drops or have to spend upwards of 400 marks to get a full guardian ready. You don't even need marks until you want to start min/maxing.

The most handy they've come is starting a new character, fast leveling to 40, then buying all 280 gear. I got my two alts to 265+ before even doing the dreadnaught mission.

Just play the game, all the drops will be based on your current light level. So if you are 192 now you'll start seeing drops in the 200s, then the 210s, etc. It takes time. That or you can use marks to buy a Ghost (most recommended purchase) after you've collected enough from doing missions. TL;DR Just play

Jinjo

first step: green screen

I just found a new apartement today. I have one room which I can completely decorate in a hobby room. Guess I can paint one wall green lol.

Ill sub ya <3 lol

Awww yissss. I'm calling my mom saying I'm buying her a new house of my streamer money.

Are you gonna be the cool bro type streamer or the nerdy rage type who shouts at teammates?

This is important,you need to get your chracter nailed down.

Hmmm, good one. I find the overly "bro-dudes" annoying (aka Gothalion/Broman). I think the sub-love is absolutely ridiculous lol. But I guess you gotta do that if you wanna make money. Datto is indeed too salty/ragey. I feel there is a market somewhere in between, the cool nerdy type?

Golgoroth
harder than
Oryx
lol

Lol. You're just missing a solid Hunter who dares to stare at his gaze and live.
I've heard of this Jinjo. He's supposedly pretty amazing.

123rl

Guys, Infusion or Better Already? I'm torn.

I'll try and make it on then. I'm saving my rune until I get the quest to complete one in under 2 minutes.

NP. I'll invite you when I'm on. I knocked one out in under 3 minutes after we tried and failed. I started it on my own and 3 people joined me immediately. Both bosses went down so quickly. I got 3 legendaries and at least 6 blues from it.

NP. I'll invite you when I'm on. I knocked one out in under 3 minutes after we tried and failed. I started it on my own and 3 people joined me immediately. Both bosses went down so quickly. I got 3 legendaries and at least 6 blues from it.

I'm going to the gym tonight, not sure when and if I'll make it on. Just shoot me an invite when you see me.

Oh, and despair when you watch my beautiful new Rocket Launcher in action.

Let's try and put something together for 8ct/9est shall we?

Yo, can I get in on this? I'm already on your friends list and haven't done the Raid either. 294 Hunter right now, 8 central would be perfect for me.

Edit: WallachGAF, same thing brother, I see you with ya red Titan gear

So I had max spin metal from that fucking sword quest. Need to get rid of some. No weapons to upgrade and use it. Ok I'll just discard a few...all 200 of them gone with the press of a button. Fuck me.

gk1225

Neo Member
Welcome! IMO if you're going to be playing a lot of Destiny, you should probably get a cheap mic. It's just easier to talk to people, at least in a raid. I didn't talk to anyone on PS4 until Destiny, and now it's so normal that it seems weird not to talk to everyone. You certainly meet some characters, haha.

I totally understand. I mostly play Destiny by myself or with random people (matchmaking). I have only done VoG like twice and that was through LFG where no one wanted to talk anyway. So trying to find a group when stuff is new is new to me. Thanks!

You literally just play the game. The game drops engrams like crazy now and you will bit by bit get higher and higher light.

Follow quest lines that unlocked for you,they can give you pretty sweet rewards and also marks you can use to buy items with 280 light.

But basically: Do what you want and can :D

Just play the game, all the drops will be based on your current light level. So if you are 192 now you'll start seeing drops in the 200s, then the 210s, etc. It takes time. That or you can use marks to buy a Ghost (most recommended purchase) after you've collected enough from doing missions. TL;DR Just play

Thanks guys! I'll run some low level strikes and continue on the HoW content i haven't played yet. Then comes Crota's End. Keep hearing it's only 50-70 mins in length. Bummer if that's true.

Navy Bean

I was skeptical but Alchemist's Raiment chest for Warlocks is pretty great for PvE. Increased heavy ammo drops and reduced arc burn...plus orbs recharging grenades and melee when super is full works great with Sunsunger during strikes, etc.

123rl

I'm going to the gym tonight, not sure when and if I'll make it on. Just shoot me an invite when you see me.

Oh, and despair when you watch my beautiful new Rocket Launcher in action.

Finally got one with tracking? :D

I've got Helm St14 again so my Titan is back to being a bubble beast. Now I just need that sexy shotgun

I gotta say after playing through the raid it feels really weird not having gjallahorn with you at all times. Changes how you play the game a lot.

Top Bottom