• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DNAbro

Rockets are useless in the raid. I switched between my machine gun and sword

it's kind of hilarious.

"Oh you guys used Gally to help get pass every encounter? well fuck you rockets are shit now."

Feels nice to put my Hunger of Crota away and get to use Thunderlord way more often. Such an awesome gun.

I almost never used my heavy in the raid. Just used my sword for the
Knight during the Oryx fight
and some ads at some point probably.

Special is the real MVP now.

Jinjo

I almost never used my heavy in the raid. Just used my sword for the
Knight during the Oryx fight
and some ads at some point probably.

Special is the real MVP now.

Yeah, you need a solid Sniper Rifle most of all. The best roll would probably be with Spray & Play and Final Round or something.

Lnkn52

This past Friday, I was privileged to actually raid with what I call my clan now. I feel like I found a home inside a home (DGAF). Even though we didn't complete the raid, I feel with this tight, fun group; we will accomplish many things. It might not be World's First but it will be World's First to Fun.

So I hope to see how to get this printed on some T-Shirts.

ClanWipe-Front.jpg
ClanWipe-Back.jpg
\

EL CUCO

For the Raid, passed the WP, would it be better to have a Sniper with my light level at 292, or a Fusion with my light level at 294?

ich00

Repost from earlier. Just going in to explore / have fun.

Does anyone want to do a semi blind King's Fall raid tonight around 9:30 EST? 2 friends and I would like to at least get into the raid and try and get a few boss kills for loot. I have spots for 3 and really don't want to have to go to LFG. PSN is ichabod00, I'll start a PSN chat for whoever is interested so we can coordinate.

1. Ichabod00
2. Friend
3. Friend
4. You
5. Anyone?
6. Someone else?

ocean

Banned
Anyone here knows how to speak German? I ordered a 20th Anniversary PS4 controller from Amazon.de.

It works beautifully, sticks and triggers are crisp...but my microphone just won't work. Still works perfect on my launch DS4. Looks like I need a replacement.

Can anyone help me say this in German? :p or do you think I could get away with a google translated message

My 295 special is a shotgun :/. Should I try to infuse Stillpiercer? I don't have enough marks to buy anything yet.

Yeah stillpiercer is decent. Shotguns are pretty much useless for the raid. 1000 yard stare with good perks is what a lot of people are leaning towards. I used stillpiercer on our raid clear.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My 295 special is a shotgun :/. Should I try to infuse Stillpiercer? I don't have enough marks to buy anything yet.

Stillpiercer is an amazing sniper rifle.

If a shotgun isn't a felwinter, its pretty much replaceable

I get what you mean but let's face it, if you've been at it for five hours and then someone drops out because its late, you don't want to be looking for a new guy who will take another hour to get up to speed, you want it over with.

By all means, new raid runs asking for 'pro's' only at this stage is a bit unfair but I think it's perfectly fine to want someone who knows what they're doing (probably from a disbanded raid group) to finish a run.

How can they know what they are doing when the raid has been out for 3 days? I think it's reasonable to expect most people that drop into that encounter will have no clue. And not explaining it doesn't help anyone.

I got into a group just yesterday that hadn't cleared anything before except one person and after that person took the time to explain all the encounters we cleared them in minimal time. If someone can't follow simple instructions then that's something different, but I'm confident most people can hear/see how to do something a few times and get it. There's no justification to be this way 3 days after a raid comes out. If you are that wound up then it's time to take a break and come back later.

DNAbro

what are the general methods for earning marks? you guys seem to earn them quick.

just do daily crucible, daily story, the quests that give them, heroic strike 3x(a week). It's not that bad to get some and currently there aren't many must have things other than a 280 ghost and maybe an exotic you want to upgrade.

EL CUCO

This past Friday, I was privileged to actually raid with what I call my clan now. I feel like I found a home inside a home (DGAF). Even though we didn't complete the raid, I feel with this tight, fun group; we will accomplish many things. It might not be World's First but it will be World's First to Fun.

So I hope to see how to get this printed on some T-Shirts.
<3 Amazing stuff Lnkn! Let us know how we could get this paid off and hopefully be able send one or two to each member. Would be awesome.

rNilla

I had a 295 blue fusion rifle (I think?) drop last night and I dismantled it out of habit. Desperately needed for infusion!

Zhalo supercell does some work in the raid. I switched to Suros 2.0 at some points though, and occasionally bad juju.

Next time through I'll test out the raid auto rifle I got and if I don't like it I'll just infuse it into my zhalo

phen0m24

Anyone here knows how to speak German? I ordered a 20th Anniversary PS4 controller from Amazon.de.

It works beautifully, sticks and triggers are crisp...but my microphone just won't work. Still works perfect on my launch DS4. Looks like I need a replacement.

Can anyone help me say this in German? :p or do you think I could get away with a google translated message

I think GlamFM is from Germany. :)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
what are the general methods for earning marks? you guys seem to earn them quick.

I always hop from one friends game to the next so I see a lot of missions, patrols, strikes, etc - you'll get a ton of engrams and motes.

Some of them are legendary. If you level them with motes and telemetries, you can basically double your mark income.

But after a while... you won't even see legendary marks as important. Im about to start buying materials with mine. I give zero fucks about them now.

LiK

just do daily crucible, daily story, the quests that give them, heroic strike 3x(a week). It's not that bad to get some and currently there aren't many must have things other than a 280 ghost and maybe an exotic you want to upgrade.

that's my problem. haven't gotten enough light to get to do Heroic stuff yet. maybe soon.

Falifax

So you just bought a new controller to replace the one with a busted stick and you get a faulty new controller? You really amaze me, Sony.

Sorry, I can barely speak my language.

ocean

Banned

Daily Story anybody?

I think GlamFM is from Germany. :)
:) GAF delivers

Sullichin

When I did nightfall last night I noticed that enemy shields weren't nearly as tough as they used to be in nightfall. I never saw "RESIST" when hitting an enemy with a kinetic weapon or with the wrong element like I used to. The nightfall was still pretty hard even without this or the return to orbit modifier. Thank god it doesn't have that, because we had some wipes at the boss. It seems like having a primary elemental weapon is not nearly as necessary as it used to be for Nightfall, which is a good thing!

I'd go with yes, unless you want to go engram hunting and praying Rahool isn't a bellend.

There is a quest that gives you a 300 shotgun that isn't that great which you can use instead. I think it's the strike quest from Ikora?

ocean

Banned
So you just bought a new controller to replace the one with a busted stick and you get a faulty new controller? You really amaze me Sony.

Sorry, I can barely speak my language.
One sprint locks and the other won't let me talk.

Yay! -.-

Top Bottom