• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LTWood12

This past Friday, I was privileged to actually raid with what I call my clan now. I feel like I found a home inside a home (DGAF). Even though we didn't complete the raid, I feel with this tight, fun group; we will accomplish many things. It might not be World's First but it will be World's First to Fun.

So I hope to see how to get this printed on some T-Shirts.

That's awesome!

Finally got one with tracking? :D

I've got Helm St14 again so my Titan is back to being a bubble beast. Now I just need that sexy shotgun

Yeh man.

WopebwE.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If we get something together let's not forget about Kaiken!

I can't keep up with DGAF anymore. I'm too old for this shit!
Kaiken?
Yo, can I get in on this? I'm already on your friends list and haven't done the Raid either. 294 Hunter right now, 8 central would be perfect for me.

Edit: WallachGAF, same thing brother, I see you with ya red Titan gear
Unfortunately we may have filled up. We'll see who is around at 9est.

DNAbro

that's my problem. haven't gotten enough light to get to do Heroic stuff yet. maybe soon.

then just run some strikes, crucible, or the The Taken War missions. I got some good things to get me way up from just playing. Also you can usually get a somewhat good weapon from leveling up your faction.

ich00

I'll throw this up one more time for the near top of page. Looking for 3 brave guardians to explore the new raid.

Does anyone want to do a semi blind King's Fall raid tonight around 9:30 EST? 2 friends and I would like to at least get into the raid and try and get a few boss kills for loot. I have spots for 3 and really don't want to have to go to LFG. PSN is ichabod00, I'll start a PSN chat for whoever is interested so we can coordinate.

1. Ichabod00
2. Friend
3. Friend
4. You
5. Anyone?
6. Someone else?

rNilla

I'd go with yes, unless you want to go engram hunting and praying Rahool isn't a bellend.

There is a quest that gives you a 300 shotgun that isn't that great which you can use instead. I think it's the strike quest from Ikora?

I guess I could do that Heroic Strike quest. Yikes.

LiK

then just run some strikes, crucible, or the The Taken War missions. I got some good things to get me way up from just playing. Also you can usually get a somewhat good weapon from leveling up your faction.

I did those, barely got anything. loot drops are shit for me so far.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
starting up a lunchtime Daily, it's the Archive. Fireteam set to public, join on Hawkian if you like (don't have my mic on for the moment)

DNAbro

I've been using this super sexy 299 solar Omolon sniper rifle. Was super useful in the raid.

I did those, barely got anything. loot drops are shit for me so far.

just making sure, you are equipping any higher level blues you find when you decrypt right? drops are way more dependent on your current light level. I think i also got some good things for doing a gunsmith quest.

Daily PVP mode is kind of a joke right now, I don't think its ever gone to a full end. I am either killing the other team and we mercy rule or my team does nothing and we get mercy ruled.

something has to change.

kidko

Attempted a Weekly Heroic with my 266 light warlock and wow- my randos and I were completely wrecked by the Taken in the beginning of the Rasputin strike. We tried probably 6 times to defend the warsat but the amount of taken captains and wizards was just too much to deal with while getting sniped by a horde of Vandals.

Man, that was disheartening. Went back to grinding engrams.

Anyone here knows how to speak German? I ordered a 20th Anniversary PS4 controller from Amazon.de.

It works beautifully, sticks and triggers are crisp...but my microphone just won't work. Still works perfect on my launch DS4. Looks like I need a replacement.

Can anyone help me say this in German? :p or do you think I could get away with a google translated message

Gala may be able to help you.

I'll throw this up one more time for the near top of page. Looking for 3 brave guardians to explore the new raid.

I'll be in. I'm currently 282, but I'll be playing all day so I should be able to hit at least 290 by that time.

Edit: I'm a Titan, and my PSN is SoullessSHOES

Sullichin

Touch of Malice got!
Damn! Do you get all of the exotic items you need for the quest in one raid clear?

This quest seems ultra time consuming and boring. But holy shit this weapon looks awesome. Didn't care much about getting the raid exotics previously but I really want this one.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Attempted a Weekly Heroic with my 266 light warlock and wow- my randos and I were completely wrecked by the Taken in the beginning of the Rasputin strike. We tried probably 6 times to defend the warsat but the amount of taken captains and wizards was just too much to deal with while getting sniped by a horde of Vandals.

Man, that was disheartening. Went back to grinding engrams.

I'm pretty sure that strike exists JUST to emphasize the difficulty difference between normal and heroic strike playlist. Probably one of the hardest non-nightfall sequences in the non-raid game right now.

Okay, got my warlock to 289 already.

Now i need a full, blind run of the raid. Any groups planning for a night today, tuesday, thursday or weekend?

PSN RadicalVelocity

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My only problem with the raid is
that the oryx mechanic is literally one giant dps gate. It's cool when it's implemented like on crota's oversoul because it encourages tight gameplay and teamwork, but on oryx it just feel completely cheap. Your team could be doing great as far as mechanics go but if someone isn't doing enough damage it destroys everything

I'm pretty sure that strike exists JUST to emphasize the difficulty difference between normal and heroic strike playlist. Probably one of the hardest non-nightfall sequences in the non-raid game right now.

Yep that was my first heroic, I was 259 and with a couple of other low levels. We all booted after wiping 3/4 times :d

Anyone for a fresh raid in about 30 mins?

that the oryx mechanic is literally one giant dps gate. It's cool when it's implemented like on crota's oversoul because it encourages tight gameplay and teamwork, but on oryx it just feel completely cheap. Your team could be doing great as far as mechanics go but if someone isn't doing enough damage it destroys everything
It's like this for all the bosses, but the
Daughters
really.

Klyka

Banned

A single Gunslinger
with Celestial Nighthawk makes it almost trivial though.

Are you fucking kidding me?! Why wont VIP mission show up on venus... ffs.

Also, I just got a RARE 295 gauntlet... :/ I know infusion sucks, but I don't wanna stay with rare equips. I'm going in infuse this into my exotic.

Edit: Aaaaand it dind trise up a single point. Serves me right. Waste of Marks. :/

Edit2: Nvm, it went up to 294. Sometimes the game take a few seconds to realize you changed something.

Namikaze1

This scout rifle is OP as fuck. Don't none of you go complaining about it! We don't need another Mythoclast nerf on our hands! Let this shit be OP!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's like this for all the bosses, but the
Daughters
really.
I mean yes you're right math, but the difference is that
those bosses have their wipe mechanics tied to enrage or in golgy's special case 6 deaths. You have multiple chances to pass those dps gates during their fights. Oryx gives you one chance and if you can't do it its get better weapons or hope rng comes to bless you with a higher LL. You can't look at a team's oryx run and necessarily say ""git gud" because 9 times out of ten it's gonna be get better gear.

Top Bottom