• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

kidko

I'm pretty sure that strike exists JUST to emphasize the difficulty difference between normal and heroic strike playlist. Probably one of the hardest non-nightfall sequences in the non-raid game right now.

I had the feeling like "this is one of the hardest things I've done in the game short of being under leveled during a hard raid"

Sky Walker

I have
Daughters of Oryx
Checkpoint from yesterday. Does finishing it reward you with a raid weapon or armor ? Otherwise I want to finish the raid before the reset.

Edit: didn't notice this :
Hey guys I'm at the sisters and wondering if anybody would like to help?

Of course I'm in.

Kyne

actually can someone confirm; can any class use the rank 3 exotics that the gunsmith gives out? Or are they class specific?

EL CUCO

So it looks like we have 2 open spots for Guardians looking to complete King's Fall tonight. We will be starting from G
orgoroth

Estimated start time 9pm EST on PS4.

Let me know if interested in smashing
or getting smashed by
Oryx :)
Still have space for 2.

ich00

I'll be in. I'm currently 282, but I'll be playing all day so I should be able to hit at least 290 by that time.

Edit: I'm a Titan, and my PSN is SoullessSHOES

I've only gotten up to (not killed yet) the first boss, so I'd be happy to join and help out.

PSN: Callandor361

Sweet, shooting you guys friend requests.

Need one more for a fresh king's fall, semi blind, no requirements (290 light would be a plus, but whatever, just want to try it out)

DNAbro

I mean yes you're right math, but the difference is that
those bosses have their wipe mechanics tied to enrage or in golgy's special case 6 deaths. You have multiple chances to pass those dps gates during their fights. Oryx gives you one chance and if you can't do it its get better weapons or hope rng comes to bless you with a higher LL. You can't look at a team's oryx run and necessarily say ""git gud" because 9 times out of ten it's gonna be get better gear.

That was my problem with the fight.
If everyone executes their job flawlessly, you shouldn't wipe on Oryx. We didn't have a Titan with Weapons of Light so we could never get him down consistently. It was incredibly frustrating. Other bosses just came down to execution. Even with a person dying or something we could still go on.

Namikaze1

Shit is so cool:

CPcPO9JUsAEDo9q.jpg:orig

CPcPRnHUcAEkaAV.jpg:orig

I even like the emblem you get from completing the exotic quest.

j-wood

Can someone explain the rank 3 gunsmith to me? Do I need to stop doing quests until he's rank 3? Currently only rank 1.

Afrocious

I, an employed, 25 year old US citizen who is working to pay for rent, would like to have the Touch of Malice before it gets nerfed and used by everyone and their grandma.

Don't fuck this up for me. I'm able to get this gun somewhat outside the realm of RNG unlike the Mythoclast, and I'd like to wreck faces with it before it gets nerfed.

Sincerely,

Afrocious/Afrodeeziyak/Narett/Jarett

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is it OP in PvP? That's all that matters.

Yeah, being OP in PvE doesn't mean much, as almost any primary will get the job done. It's PvP that causes a problem.

Know what's OP in PvP? That force lightning for Warlocks. I mean, what the fuck?

BraXzy

Does anyone have a charged Agnorach rune I can piggy back off on Xbox?

Also, I have the Raid checkpoint
AFTER GOLGOROTH BEFORE THE JUMPING PUZZLE IF ANYONE NEEDS THE FRAGMENT/CHEST THERE.

Afrocious

Yeah, being OP in PvE doesn't mean much, as almost any primary will get the job done. It's PvP that causes a problem.

Know what's OP in PvP? That force lightning for Warlocks. I mean, what the fuck?

Don't you start dammit. Hunters are being nerds enjoying role-playing as Legolas and Titans are angry construction workers. Let Warlocks be Sith Lords in peace. Because damn if Warlocks are useful in PvE aside from being an extra life potentially.

Messiek

How about a group to start on the Daughters, around 2~4pm ET ?! Anyone up?

1. Messiek
2. Jignx
3. R0ckman
4. Coy

Reposting because we still need 2 more.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Don't you start dammit. Hunters are being nerds enjoying role-playing as Legolas and Titans are angry construction workers. Let Warlocks be Sith Lords in peace. Because damn if Warlocks are useful in PvE aside from being an extra life potentially.

Sorry but they are going to nerf that lightning into the ground. It's just silly. And I say that as someone with a warlock who enjoys frying people.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That was my problem with the fight.
If everyone executes their job flawlessly, you shouldn't wipe on Oryx. We didn't have a Titan with Weapons of Light so we could never get him down consistently. It was incredibly frustrating. Other bosses just came down to execution. Even with a person dying or something we could still go on.
i know but it seems like my nighthawk may be the
key to the gate.

Oryx. The Vessel you just sword down a little bit. My one Golden gun shot does 19k to Oryx while my fireteam shoots him and that staggers him easily.
alright, will implement tonight. Mad I completely didn't think about this.

EL CUCO

I'm all for nerfing this into the ground. Seen them take out groups of 4 people in one electric swoop.
I'm sorry Warlocks :(

Afrocious

Sorry but they are going to nerf that lightning into the ground. It's just silly. And I say that as someone with a warlock who enjoys frying people.

I don't see why they would considering we have swords and always had bladedancers. Titans now have a mode they can go into pretending they're a Hammer Bro and Warlocks can now fry shit without spamming grenades or blasting a giant void rocket blast thing.

I have 3 Antiquated runes left. One is reserved for Afro for later.

'preciate it man. I already did the quest though - I just wanted to get loot with ya or to help you out. If anyone needs it more than me, let them have a go at it.

Klyka

Banned
i know but it seems like my nighthawk may be the
key to the gate.

alright, will implement tonight. Mad I completely didn't think about this.

It was basically like
"Well, tether doesn't do extra damage for ORyx, so which super would help the best? Oh...right..."

Messiek

How about a group to start on the Daughters, around 2~4pm ET ?! Anyone up?

1. Messiek
2. Jignx
3. R0ckman
4. Coy
5. Blunoise1

Top Bottom