• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

Don't you start dammit. Hunters are being nerds enjoying role-playing as Legolas and Titans are angry construction workers. Let Warlocks be Sith Lords in peace. Because damn if Warlocks are useful in PvE aside from being an extra life potentially.
Wait a minute!

We Titans are role playing as Thor with a solar Mjolnir dammit!

noomi

Nami....

You weren't kidding, this get elemental kills for the exotic sword is pretty damn slow.... all I can use is my grenade... ShadowShot kills don't seem to work :(

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I feel like
golgoroth
was the most frustrating yet rewarding fight of the raid. I say that cause I was a
taunter

maomaoIYP

Managed to squeeze in a 3rd NF before reset, this time on my titan.
I got the skullfort! It's 290 light too! Glad I spent all my coins on the ToCs instead of buying this helmet....

jaaz

Sorry but they are going to nerf that lightning into the ground. It's just silly. And I say that as someone with a warlock who enjoys frying people.

You can kill a Warlock with stormcaller fairly easily though, even with well placed shots from a primary. Try to do that to a Titan sunbreaker throwing hammers around. If anything, the Titan sunbreaker will be nerfed first to at least give one a fighting chance to kill one.

btkadams

Is 273 too low for nightfall? I really want to do it before the reset and I have a quest for it. Is the vanguard strikes quest line one of those things that only lasts the week? Will the quest be dead tomorrow if I don't complete it?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Another thought no one may care about: I didn't mind
the platforming. Being a master class hunter it was funny watching lesser hunters fail in jumping from ships and getting hit by wall Pistons
*chortles*

JTripper

T'is Done.

FUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUU ORYX! God I'm so glad I beat him. I got the scout rifle and the titan helmet. Light level 299 now with a half-full bar towards 300.

EL CUCO

You can kill a Warlock with stormcaller fairly easily though, even with well placed shots from a primary. Try to do that to a Titan sunbreaker throwing hammers around. If anything, the Titan sunbreaker will be nerfed first to at least give one a fighting chance to kill one.
Had one eat a rocket last night. He proceeded to fry me up through my dead teammate. No bueno.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Nami....

You weren't kidding, this get elemental kills for the exotic sword is pretty damn slow.... all I can use is my grenade... ShadowShot kills don't seem to work :(

void kills? use quiver, helps a tiny bit

Afrocious

This. A Stormcaller has to jump around a ton and blink around to avoid getting damage since, unlike Radiance, Stormtrance doesn't grant a defensive buff.

Sunbreakers have ridiculous defense. A quick trigger finger can kill a careless Stormcaller, but Hammerbros keep hammering with their hard hats.

Is 273 too low for nightfall? I really want to do it before the reset and I have a quest for it. Is the vanguard strikes quest line one of those things that only lasts the week? Will the quest be dead tomorrow if I don't complete it?

It won't be dead. I doubt that. 273 is fine for this nightfall.

noomi

Lucky raspberry on dark beyond?

Yep....

Spawn with nade, wait for thralls to come, chuck nade, die. Rinse and repeat x100

void kills? use quiver, helps a tiny bit

Does it? I shot one, and must've killed 10+ and my percentage didn't go up one bit.

How do I change my agonarch in one day?

You can't, have to kill one special target on the dreadnaught each day... well... you could actually pass it between your characters and get 1 on each, but it would still take you 3 days to get the total of 7.

Arrrammis

Hey Davidbloop and guys, thanks for the smooth boss, chest, and fragments! PSN is giving me all kinds of crap right now, so I'll take a break. Good luck with the next boss!

Afrocious

How do I change my agonarch in one day?

Find someone who has theirs charged and join on them as they do the requirements, which apparently involve killing all of the enemies that charge the rune.

Because of this, it would help others if we kept a train going on throughout the day. If someone's generous enough to have you join on them while they do their thing, then you should do the same for others.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Can someone explain the rank 3 gunsmith to me? Do I need to stop doing quests until he's rank 3? Currently only rank 1.

Each week he has a set of field test weapons. They are basically bounty missions, complete and get gunsmith xp. Ranking up allows you to place an order for an armsday weapon package that you will receive the following week. Also, at ranks 2 and 3 you will receive a class exclusive weapon mission from him to complete. There are also random drops that will give you gunsmith XP.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Yep....

Does it? I shot one, and must've killed 10+ and my percentage didn't go up one bit.

well it's 500 void kills, and quiver gives you 3, so it might not tick up after each super, but it does help.

BraXzy

Find someone who has theirs charged and join on them as they do the requirements, which apparently involve killing all of the enemies that charge the rune.

Because of this, it would help others if we kept a train going on throughout the day. If someone's generous enough to have you join on them while they do their thing, then you should do the same for others.

Super hard finding someone who has one, especially one Xbox for me since most of GAF is on PS4 :/

Might have to do it the ole' fashioned way.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Anyone understand why that exotic mission that had you go down to raputins mind doesn't yield another quest line or any logical rewards considering the quest type?

Tecnniqe

Banned

Im on 6/7 atm. Done 2 of my daily, Hunter is only 30 so i might need to hit 31 with him to be able to charge my last rune for it.

However if anyone wanna help me run story fast and boost me a little (got redbull) im sure i could trigger Arc today pretty fast

noomi

well it's 500 void kills, and quiver gives you 3, so it might not tick up after each super, but it does help.

Oh jeez, it's 500 kills? Well that makes a bit more sense... Currently sitting at 60% filled, going to take me a while longer to get it done. Will finish tonight though.

Thanks for the tip :D

Afrocious

Anyone understand why that exotic mission that had you go down to raputins mind doesn't yield another quest line or any logical rewards considering the quest type?

It's part of the quest you need to get Touch of Malice. You get that quest once you have a certain number of Fragments.

BraXzy

A few quests lines stop cold and then sometimes pick up later on, it's really odd. For example,
I just got another quest from Eris out of the blue and the only thing I've done is get above 30 calcified fragments.

Schryver

Each week he has a set of field test weapons. They are basically bounty missions, complete and get gunsmith xp. Ranking up allows you to place an order for an armsday weapon package that you will receive the following week. Also, at ranks 2 and 3 you will receive a class exclusive weapon mission from him to complete. There are also random drops that will give you gunsmith XP.

Oh wow so you're supposed to actually use those loaner weapons? lol I need to do that tonight then :/

Korosenai

I'd like bungie to tell us in the next update how many Oryx completions there were in comparison to vog and crota over their release weekends.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's part of the quest you need to get Touch of Malice. You get that quest once you have a certain number of Fragments.

That is the moment I believe you either need to complete the raid, or get 45 fragments.

A few quests lines stop cold and then sometimes pick up later on, it's really odd. For example,
I just got another quest from Eris out of the blue and the only thing I've done is get above 30 calcified fragments.
Thank you all

Top Bottom