• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

noomi

So... the only way for anything to decrypt into 300+ gear is to be light level 300, correct?

I have a bunch of armor engrams on my hunter who is light level 298, not sure if it's worth decrypting on him, or just give it to my lower level titan & warlock

Anyone understand why that exotic mission that had you go down to raputins mind doesn't yield another quest line or any logical rewards considering the quest type?

There are separate quests that requires separate difficulties of the same instance.

The SABER strike have different quest that requires doing SABER on the normal earth strike, and another quest requires you to finish it in any game difficulty.

The same with the Shield brothers with have a unique 290 lv instance for the exotic

There is another Rasputin instance that requires to do it three times but in different lvs.

Kinda annoying if you already did one but there is another quest that requires you to do it again and again.

Impulsor

We need a titan for final raid boss right now., and any other that wants to join. Two free spots, in front of the boss right now.

Psn id: Borque

Tecnniqe

Banned
Forever 299 :(
#Forever299bros
CPbdF7zWEAA2sbb.jpg:large

rc213

Anyone need to do the quest Hunger Pangs to kill the Taken Centurion in Bunker War 4? Welcome to join or if anyone wants to help. Appreciate it

Probably the one hunters get from the Psion Flayers in the Dust Palace, yes?
Yeah I saw that one too... on the Dust Palace. I shot at him a few times during the boss fight lol
But yeah I really want it. So cool.
Not sure if anyone else has been focussing on the PvP side, but this is what I've got from Shaxx for completing all the PvP questline followed by the Weekly Bounties:

:/
Yeah I got a 280 Revelator. Disappointed!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not sure if anyone else has been focussing on the PvP side, but this is what I've got from Shaxx for completing all the PvP questline followed by the Weekly Bounties:

:/

Someone killed me with that last night in PvP and I thought it was some new type of buff (the +1).

I mean yes you're right math, but the difference is that
those bosses have their wipe mechanics tied to enrage or in golgy's special case 6 deaths. You have multiple chances to pass those dps gates during their fights. Oryx gives you one chance and if you can't do it its get better weapons or hope rng comes to bless you with a higher LL. You can't look at a team's oryx run and necessarily say ""git gud" because 9 times out of ten it's gonna be get better gear.
When have the raids not been about having good enough gear? Also my raid group had no chance of doing enough DPS to open his heart unless we had weapons of light. So we had two guys alternating between each phase and we managed to win. It just added extra emphasis on making sure no one was dead at those steps which was good in my opinion.

lt519

That's what I was thinking, but I forget GAF is kinda hardcore compared to places like Reddit and DestinyLFG and everyone else.

I'd say less. We haven't even tried it yet whereas my group had beaten Crota 3 times in the first two days. The vast majority of people simply haven't played enough to be light level 290. You needed to put in 20-25 hours in less than a week and that is if you streamline everything.

Oh hey, anyone doing a raid, if you could get the
maze CP
for those of us getting the fragments that would be great. Yes, I've been asking all day, but I want that ToM! Also I want to host the CP tonight for anyone else that needs it. Seeing Nami use it made me go, "I need dis"

3 spaces left

Never been but would love to try. We did heroics yesterday, psn Thaennon

Yea I need some loot but I don't know how to do the final boss so I will need some help with that.
PSN:broodshadow

Me! Hale_TC

Will send out invites in 5

Warlock. 290. My guns are not the best at the moment but I want to try.

sorry you just missed out

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thought it was the Jade Rabbit because that rifle wrecks. Incredibly high impact and range with some good precision buff/fill magazine perks.

Jade Rabbit does indeed wreck. As I get better and better with it, it's getting easier to just keep firing forever without reloading, especially against bullet sponge bosses. It's like a mini black hammer, minus the need to string precision shots. I personally think it's the best exotic primary, especially for bosses.

pyrandes

I swear 290+ boots are super rare. Outside of the ghost/class item.

Somehow i got a decent artifact last night. Possibly from doing CoO with some randoms I ran into (after showing them the trick to the hidden chest that takes forever to open).

Darn Scent chest is a pain to do; keep missing the jump of the past year platform!

Top Bottom