• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

That's what I was thinking, but I forget GAF is kinda hardcore compared to places like Reddit and DestinyLFG and everyone else.

Damn son, early bird gets the worm for real lol.

Well I'll be trying to raid when I get off of work around 5PM Eastern.

Yeah that's when I want to try to get a reset group together. Think we can clear it in around 2 hours if everyone knows the mechanics and has cleared it before.

LordofPwn

16/30, after three fucking hours.
Im guessing this comes after the novabomb multi kills? im at 25/30 after a few days. though to get past the incredibly long and frustrating crucible quest line i played mostly 3v3 modes with teammates.

Holy shit, Zhalo supercell wrecks in crucible.

Or I was up against some supernewbies.

its ok in PVP it's crazy fun when you get a full team to bunch up in one room and come in with 2 supercells. had a triple down at the start of a clash match. in 1v1 it'll get wrecked by just about anything.

Same! My gunsmith rank is less than 200 rep to rank 3 (I can't find any more of those weird fusion rifle looking thingies)

I even saved up whey blue scout I ever got for the past week

me too, it is possible to try to farm for thos Davli or Dvali fusion part that Gunsmith loves but the drop is random, I'm not gonna farm anymore until Friday

EloquentM

aka Mannny
When have the raids not been about having good enough gear? Also my raid group had no chance of doing enough DPS to open his heart unless we had weapons of light. So we had two guys alternating between each phase and we managed to win. It just added extra emphasis on making sure no one was dead at those steps which was good in my opinion.
when we started the raid the majority of our team was under 290, but due to great teamwork and an understanding of mechanics we were to beat every boss while still being underleveled.
oryx isn't like this. Even if you understand the mechanics and your teams perform perfectly you can still wipe due to a dps gate. This is similar to a lot of the bosses having enrage mechanics although those were on a time limit, not a blatant damage per second check. It's cheap. They take away bullet sponge exploits (ghally, black hammer, icebreaker) just so they can implement a bullet spongy wiping bomb

Namikaze1

That's what I was thinking, but I forget GAF is kinda hardcore compared to places like Reddit and DestinyLFG and everyone else.

Damn son, early bird gets the worm for real lol.

Well I'll be trying to raid when I get off of work around 5PM Eastern.
Depends on if I actually decide to raid at that time. I may just do Nightfall and finally start the campaign on my other two guardians. I could wait till that time to raid with you. Honestly, I think that's a better time for me.

LTWood12

Kaiken?

Unfortunately we may have filled up. We'll see who is around at 9est.

Wow I guess we started something. Shit I can't even get on until then. And at 284 I wouldn't be any help. So if you need to cut me go ahead. Was planning to do some Court of Oryx when I got on in hopes of getting a better artifact.

Though I got dat blind weapons of Light bubble so I may be good for something.

Depends on if I actually decide to raid at that time. I may just do Nightfall and finally start the campaign on my other two guardians. I could wait till that time to raid with you. Honestly, I think that's a better time for me.

If you guys have a spot I'd love to join you. I get off work at 5pm est as well.

Klyka

Banned
I really hope some kind guardians will help me in a few hours to get my Week 1 Oryx kill after being robbed of it constantly by lag shenanigans :(

You mind a 294 Hunter getting in on that tomorrow night? Haven't done it yet but I can follow instructions and I did see Zobas stream the final boss

Nami pls

Ophelion

Jade Rabbit does indeed wreck. As I get better and better with it, it's getting easier to just keep firing forever without reloading, especially against bullet sponge bosses. It's like a mini black hammer, minus the need to string precision shots. I personally think it's the best exotic primary, especially for bosses.

So many cool scout rifles in this expansion. They're really outshining the other primaries this time round. We all thought it would be all about that auto rifle action, but so far I feel like scout is king.

Edit: Oh, also I'm at 285 light now. Almost ready to try the raid! So excited!

Marvel

could never
Got to the
sisters
great job everyone. Was a great raid and very funny.

Hope to see most of you later to tryand finish it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Running strikes all morning and afternoon without going to orbit. Not one legendary drop. Shit loads of blue engrams though so maybe some of those will be legendary.

lt519

So we should be all good for the raid tomorrow with these light levels right? Or does it matter more to have 290 swords and snipers? Most of us would drop a bit if we unequipped our 300 shotties for snipers, but then again we could infuse.

287/290/290/293/292/285 Probably can push the other guys to get a little higher, the 287 will probably reach 290 by tomorrow.

Whoyouare

I have the glyph door checkpoint if anyone is going to be around tonight. Say 8:00 p.m. Eastern?

Thats as far as i got yesterday but had to bail because of time. Anyways I understand the strat. Would be nice to get that and the next section done.

Psn: Manicstreet

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Looking to start a fresh raid! I don't mind if you've already seen stuff but please no spoilers for those of us who haven't!

No experience necessary, please have a mic and be 290+

Add your name to the list and repost it!

Psn:

1. crophonso
2. Tastypwnwich

Top Bottom