• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

matmanx1

Exotic Helmet Engram decrypted into Empyrean Bellicose. This thing is freaking cool! Special perk of "Aiming weapons while airborne holds you in place" Seriously? This is going to be so much fun!

Heavy Weapon engram became Dragon's Breath. Boooo!

BraXzy

I swear Destiny hates me xD

I had two Exotic primary engrams, fingers crossed on that assault rifle arc damage thingamajig. I get Hawkmoon which I got from the Nightfall, and then The Last Word. I hate Handcannons why u do dis Destonoy.

What's the likelyhood of Bungie like immediately fixing this today? Might take a day off to farm. I'm not a vacation guy so I just store all of vacation hours lol.

I could see it being changed to work on strike completion only. The way it is now can't be what they intended

Afrocious

JqSPq0R.jpg

THIS THIS THIS OH MAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If they patch ToC to only work off strike bosses instead of story mode ultras (as opposed to just putting them on a timer) I wouldn't even be upset. Dramatic decrease in the speed with which you can acquire exotics but it doesn't actually nerf the functionality of the item.

1 Drakiss = No Engram

May as well quit not, fuck that.

PSA: When doing the Three of Coin trick, DO NOT pick up engrams until you are entirely finished. Your stacking enhanced drop chance buff doesn't reset until you pick up the engram! You do still have to use a coin each time however.

Wait so this is arguing if you keep on stacking the coin effect after suicide death you can potentially have a 50%+ chance every time as long as you do not pick up the engram?

ocean

Banned
Coin hype and exotic farming aside, will someone shed some light?
Hey man. Those things drop rather randomly but I think I've got one like every other time I kill a Champion on Patrol. But I've also gotten them at absolute random from small enemies.

That said, how is the gunsmith holding you back? At level 2 he'll just give you a 280 weapon.

123rl

I need to take a break. I'm not going back on it tonight. According to my profile I've put in almost 50 hours since Tuesday!

If they patch ToC to only work off strike bosses instead of story mode ultras (as opposed to just putting them on a timer) I wouldn't even be upset. Dramatic decrease in the speed with which you can acquire exotics but it doesn't actually nerf the functionality of the item.
That's what they'll most likely do later today. Probably patch this by the time the raid goes up.

spyder_ur

This is nuts. Just making exotics totally meaningless to get. I can't see this lasting long and could even see them shutting down the servers or something to fix it. Makes getting the most coveted items completely trivial. Seems more damaging than any other exploitation we have seen (maybe except cheesing hard Atheon). I don't really like that it's there, but I would be doing it. Instead of running new content people are exploiting a year old story boss. What a colossal fuckup.

*Post colored by a bit of bitterness that I am stuck at work*

In my mind it's a very minor exploit. Doesn't change the math which appears to be that you get approximately 1 exotic per 5 coins. YMMV.
That's the explanation I'm banking on so this still exists when I get on tonight. Even though it's a lot quicker your still using about 5 per exotic.

I just know I'm going to miss out though.

Liamc723

Wait so this is arguing if you keep on stacking the coin effect after suicide death you can potentially have a 50%+ chance every time as long as you do not pick up the engram?

It's incorrect. The buff disappears when the ultra is killed, not when you pick up the engram.

Wallach

This is exactly what I expect them to do. I don't imagine there is any mistake with the actual drop chance per coins spent.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Hey man. Those things drop rather randomly but I think I've got one like every other time I kill a Champion on Patrol. But I've also gotten them at absolute random from small enemies.

That said, how is the gunsmith holding you back? At level 2 he'll just give you a 280 weapon.
I was just referring the the artifact in regards to holding me back =P

But I guess gun smith is holding me back too since I'm lvl 2.5 with him and want my damn ace of spades =P

Thank you though ocean I know I could count on your encyclopedia like mind to point me in the right direction. Killing champions will be on the agenda before the raid after work tonight.

ocean

Banned
It's incorrect. The buff disappears when the ultra is killed, not when you pick up the engram.
I think the theory is that when you kill the Ultra but don't pick up the Engram, you pop your next Coin and it triggers the "stack" (under the assumption that the last one didn't give you a drop since you never picked it up).

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
It's called Legacy and they explained in their Weekly update.

To be honest, they should be clearer about this in-game. I remember with TDB people taking their max, 331 Exotics to "upgrade" with Xur...paid 7k Glimmer, reset all their XP on the weapon, and went back to 302. Like why the fuck would the game even let you do that.

This is another situation where a new player who doesn't read Bungie's blog might spend his entire Strange Coin hoard on useless old weapons which serve for nothing other than collecting.

Yeah. It's really freaking frustrating. All those coins would have got me a lot. But now they're in the garbage.

Not raiding today so I am farming so hard now.

But I need to shower and head into the office by 3, also I need to eat. .

Cuco and Glam I have 7 more runs in me then I need a break

ocean

Banned
I was just referring the the artifact in regards to holding me back =P

But I guess gun smith is holding me back too since I'm lvl 2.5 with him and want my damn ace of spades =P

Thank you though ocean I know I could count on your encyclopedia like mind to point me in the right direction. Killing champions will be on the agenda before the raid after work tonight.
Man I'm so lost. I don't know anything. As for Artifacts: I hear Court of Oryx is the way to go.
15 spent and 2 exotics so far.

Not bad.

Not good.
If you think of the price per Exotic in Strange Coins, that's a bargain. Not to mention the fact that getting 2 new Exotics in one play session is something that rarely, if ever, happens

Calling bull on that 'PSA' everyone is constantly quoting. Leaving engrams on the ground I now have 4 engrams in 22 runs. Assuming the stacked buff reaches 66%, that sample size is already enough to cast sufficient doubt on the stackable effect carrying over.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Calling bull on that 'PSA' everyone is constantly quoting. Leaving engrams on the ground I now have 4 engrams in 22 runs. Assuming the stacked buff reaches 66%, that sample size is already enough to cast sufficient doubt on the stackable effect carrying over.
So what you're saying is ....there's a chance?

buff disappearing on kill confirmed?

stb

Yes, it makes no sense. It makes even less sense from a coding perspective. The buff is clearly "used" when the exotic drops.

Top Bottom