• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

gatti-man

Yeah I've got two characters stuck at oryx. I'm going to make a final try tonight with some friends but if anyone is forming a group on ps4 I'd be game. I know the fight have good weapons etc.

cilonen

Thanks! Ok I will attempt it today with gaffers then, just so I get rewards before the refresh. I'm 274 now too.

Unrelated, I haven't found any hadium flakes yet :'( I want the sword haha.

Open chests on the Dreadnought. From the spawn point head forward - to the right of and under the crashed ship until you hit the mausoleum area where the rift gate is. Run up and down the left side (with the ship behind you) of this huge hall looking in all the little side rooms for chests. One with the tunnel to the back area has the chest spawn back there and the bigger room with the small corridor chests can spawn on the left of right side.

ich00

One more spot left for tonight!

Does anyone want to do a semi blind King's Fall raid tonight around 9:30 EST? 2 friends and I would like to at least get into the raid and try and get a few boss kills for loot. I have spots for 3 and really don't want to have to go to LFG. PSN is ichabod00, I'll start a PSN chat for whoever is interested so we can coordinate.

1. Ichabod00
2. My brother
3. A Friend
4. SoullessSHOES
5. Callandor361
6. This could be YOU!

FeD.nL

Ok, one final try but is anyone available for the Nightfall on the Xbone? Would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. GT = FeD 989 currently sitting at 293 light.

SpecX

Damn, hit max marks and didn't realize it. Already bought a ghost shell and most my armor is better than. The vanguard stuff. Should I invest in an exotic and which one? Is bad juju Y2 worthy?

Also just hit light level 286, almost raid ready

Lee

I can't wait for Trials. I really wish they would bring it back this weekend so that we can enjoy the chaos and unpredictability of everyone using whatever guns they have to to stay at max light. I have this Hakke pulse rifle that I feel really good about. Still need to pick up a decent sniper.

Shito

This is the most First World Problems Destiny post of the week.
Haha, indeed.
Especially for only 10 hadium: get a nightstalker friend and get this in no time, Nami. ^^

man these raid guns are hideous. if it wasn't for their awesome scopes i'd dismantle them for just about any other gun in the game. jesus
Really hate them.
They are only going downhill on the looks of the raid gear for me...

Lnkn52

Damn, hit max marks and didn't realize it. Already bought a ghost shell and most my armor is better than. The vanguard stuff. Should I invest in an exotic and which one? Is bad juju Y2 worthy?

Also just hit light level 286, almost raid ready

What's the max?

LTWood12

Running the numbers on my light level and it's crazy how it slows to a crawl at the upper levels. I'm currently at 284 total light. I have an artifact equipped that's 244 light. If I were to get one that's 280 and equip it, that would only bring me up to 287.

Hale_C

Looking to start a fresh raid! I don't mind if you've already seen stuff but please no spoilers for those of us who haven't!

No experience necessary, please have a mic and be 290+

Add your name to the list and repost it!

Psn:

1. crophonso
2. Tastypwnwich
3. Hale_TC

When will you be starting? Do I have 15 mins?

gatti-man

man these raid guns are hideous. if it wasn't for their awesome scopes i'd dismantle them for just about any other gun in the game. jesus

Yeah the shotgun and rocket launcher are bleh that I have. The rocket launcher especially looks like a meat stick bottle opener.

Ghazi

when we started the raid the majority of our team was under 290, but due to great teamwork and an understanding of mechanics we were to beat every boss while still being underleveled.
oryx isn't like this. Even if you understand the mechanics and your teams perform perfectly you can still wipe due to a dps gate. This is similar to a lot of the bosses having enrage mechanics although those were on a time limit, not a blatant damage per second check. It's cheap. They take away bullet sponge exploits (ghally, black hammer, icebreaker) just so they can implement a bullet spongy wiping bomb

It's not bullet spongey, though. It's pretty easy to break his animation, my team didn't use WoL and I never even had heavy to shoot him with, but we all focused on him and staggered pretty damn quickly, honestly. It's not cheap at all.

The best part about the new raid is that while it'll get a little easier with better gear, it's going to stay challenging because the mechanics are so and teamwork is a necessity.

Aw yeah 310 raid gloves. Got the 310 artifact too.

Once I get a better ghost and murder a few of these hideous raid weapons I should be closing in on that 300 mark.

Renta

Banned
What a bountiful session of CoO that was. Managed to get all sorts of loot, got my 300 artifact thanks to some random gaining his last rune... it was amazing.

Now I have my guardian sitting here 296 and I haven't even completed a boss of the raid yet lol

CPcgClKUcAI4NXd.jpg:large

Namikaze1

These freaking chests didn't wanted to spawn. Went around in a circle 8 times before one spawned. Really wanted the one between Mausoeum and the Founts. Never spawned. Got the 10 I needed.

X-Frame

Anyone else hope that Bungie has Omolon, Hakke and Suros themed armor sets in the future?

I imagine a futuristic armor set from Omolon with the blue fluid in the joints would look absolutely amazing.

ich00

Raid ground for tonight! I'll start a psn party chat in a few.

Does anyone want to do a semi blind King's Fall raid tonight around 9:30 EST? 2 friends and I would like to at least get into the raid and try and get a few boss kills for loot. I have spots for 3 and really don't want to have to go to LFG. PSN is ichabod00, I'll start a PSN chat for whoever is interested so we can coordinate.

1. Ichabod00
2. My brother
3. A Friend
4. SoullessSHOES
5. Callandor361
6. LkPr

Edit: aaaannnndddd full

Top Bottom