• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Fuck you game i dont need your shitty ghost to drop
CPchNleUcAAU2x-.jpg:large

Also 310 Saint-14 GET!

lt519

I'm really digging the new infuse mechanic, not sure I'll ever let go of my Answering Chord.

Can anyone tell me if I am maxing out range though because of the rangefinder perk? I could up the ammo and reload speed if I dropped the Smallbore perk.

According to the DB the max range is 69 and it starts at 54. Smallbore (+10?) + Rangefinder (+10%) will surely exceed 69. Looks like I'll take off Smallbore for the bigger mag size and faster reload.

Klyka

Banned
I had the raid shotgun on my back in the tower and some guy saw me standing there and kept pointing at me, then we danced together and he sent me a PSN message saying "holy shit that's a sweet ass shotgun!"

was pretty cool

I wish they would let you rotate the weapon models are you're looking at them. The guns look so good in this game but you can only get a really good look at one angle.

Also, when switching iron sights, it would be great if they showed you what the sights would look like during gameplay. I know that each icon is generally what the sights look like, but it's still pretty abstract.

Deku Tree

Running the numbers on my light level and it's crazy how it slows to a crawl at the upper levels. I'm currently at 284 total light. I have an artifact equipped that's 244 light. If I were to get one that's 280 and equip it, that would only bring me up to 287.

You get a guaranteed 300 artifact by completing the Eris CoO quest. It pops as soon as you do one CoO. But it doesn't show on the map.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Looking to start a fresh raid! I don't mind if you've already seen stuff but please no spoilers for those of us who haven't!

No experience necessary, please have a mic and be 290+

Add your name to the list and repost it!

Psn:

1. crophonso
2. Tastypwnwich
3. Hale_TC

Deku Tree

This past Friday, I was privileged to actually raid with what I call my clan now. I feel like I found a home inside a home (DGAF). Even though we didn't complete the raid, I feel with this tight, fun group; we will accomplish many things. It might not be World's First but it will be World's First to Fun.

So I hope to see how to get this printed on some T-Shirts.

Really sweet T-shirt design Lnkn! Yeah it was lots of fun at the Friday Raid!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's not bullet spongey, though. It's pretty easy to break his animation, my team didn't use WoL and I never even had heavy to shoot him with, but we all focused on him and staggered pretty damn quickly, honestly. It's not cheap at all.

The best part about the new raid is that while it'll get a little easier with better gear, it's going to stay challenging because the mechanics are so and teamwork is a necessity.
It really is a dps problem though
ogres, vessel, oryx. If you have no ammo or can't do enough dps you'll wipe. To me that is cheap and no other raid boss has that limiter on it with such a tight amount of time

nowai

Is it only me who dont like the raid weapon design?

Nope. With all the fantastic new Hakke and Omolon designs, the Hive themed design of the raid weapons is very played out too me.

I'll take my Stillpiercer aesthetically over just about anything. Hakke designs are just too good.

i'm glad they made some unique Raid weapons this time around, but aesthetically they're incredibly unsettling.
I'm assuming that's what they were going for. I actually really like them. They actually fit the Hive unlike the Crota weapons. Those were so uninspired.

They're unique not some re-used weapons colored differently or have some rocks on them.

Zacagawea

Looking to start a fresh raid! I don't mind if you've already seen stuff but please no spoilers for those of us who haven't!

Psn:

1. crophonso
2. Tastypwnwich
3. Hale_TC
4. Zacagawea

nowai

I am about to burn 150 marks, is Black Suros worth it? Kind of tired of Hawkmoon as my hardest hitting primary.

If you don't already have a high impact sniper rifle, spend those marks on the Vanguard vendor 1000-Yard Stare. It's a far better investment.

Plus, you get 30 marks a day. They start to flow once you have the basics covered.

LTWood12

You get a guaranteed 300 artifact by completing the Eris CoO quest. It pops as soon as you do one CoO. But it doesn't show on the map.

Oh shit really? How long would you say that takes? I've yet to dive into CoO, but was planning to spend some time there tonight.

A 300 Artifact would put me at 289.

btkadams

Open chests on the Dreadnought. From the spawn point head forward - to the right of and under the crashed ship until you hit the mausoleum area where the rift gate is. Run up and down the left side (with the ship behind you) of this huge hall looking in all the little side rooms for chests. One with the tunnel to the back area has the chest spawn back there and the bigger room with the small corridor chests can spawn on the left of right side.
Thank you for this! Took a bit, but I got 25 :)

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

Psn:

1. crophonso
2. Tastypwnwich
3. Hale_TC
4. Zacagawea

Top Bottom