• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

Now that I have my HORI FPS Pro, I don't care about a "Full Auto" perk on my scout rifles. I've got that built in....

Oh shit really? How long would you say that takes? I've yet to dive into CoO, but was planning to spend some time there tonight.

A 300 Artifact would put me at 289.

If you can hook up with a fire team or a CoO instance that is has 5-6 280-290 light people with three tier 2 and a tier 3 rune then it can be done really quickly.

If you need to RNG the runes yourself, or you can't find a big enough high powered group at the Court, then it can take a while.

Zocano

It really is a dps problem though
ogres, vessel, oryx. If you have no ammo or can't do enough dps you'll wipe. To me that is cheap and no other raid boss has that limiter on it with such a tight amount of time

I don't see why it's a problem. Loot game has gear checks? Hot damn, stop the presses.

Sure I can see why you call it "cheap"but it's a way give a sense of progression.

Honestly I wish the raids were longer solely so that there is a longer ramp up in ilvl so that the raids couldn't be beat immediately due to gear.

shermas

I'm at 289 and 170 marks... not sure what to buy. My artifact is only 276, but I don't have the 300 one from Eris yet, so I can wait on that.

Maybe it's finally time to start playing with one of my other dudes. I can buy him some gear right away...

Klyka

Banned
I'm at 289 and 170 marks... not sure what to buy. My artifact is only 276, but I don't have the 300 one from Eris yet, so I can wait on that.

Maybe it's finally time to start playing with one of my other dudes. I can buy him some gear right away...

You can gamble on legendary engrams from the cryptarch

I'm assuming that's what they were going for. I actually really like them. They actually fit the Hive unlike the Crota weapons. Those were so uninspired.

They're unique not some re-used weapons colored differently or have some rocks on them.

I feel like there's some kind of middle ground between reskins and Fred Flinstone at a Kyuss show, but maybe I'm crazy.

flkraven

I bought the FWC handcannon. It really does feel like a mini fatebringer, but not as satisfying to fire/kill with without that ultra fast reload.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't see why it's a problem. Loot game has gear checks? Hot damn, stop the presses.

Sure I can see why you call it "cheap"but it's a way give a sense of progression.

Honestly I wish the raids were longer solely so that there is a longer ramp up in ilvl so that the raids couldn't be beat immediately due to gear.
I just prefer design where it's more skill based then level gate meh.
First fights felt so dependent on communication, teamwork, and skill which is why I love them. Golgoroth is so frustrating but it's frustrating because mechanics not because lol underleveled.

btkadams

2 questions!

1. Which sword should I choose?
2. Is it possible to get them all, and is that only through doing the quest on all 3 characters?

So Swords:

• Can I only get one per character?
  • Is the Exotic version of the sword worth trading in the legendary for? I.e. Is it worthy of an exotic slot over something like Zhalo Supercell/Telesto/Etc.
  • If I upgrade to the exotic, is it possible to get another of the same element so I can have both an exotic & a legendary Solar sword?

Ophelion

Yeah the mission is really good. It's an actual end boss too lol. Really hard to solo though.

Dude, no kidding. I'm almost Raid ready and that solo mission has handed my ass to me at least half a dozen times. My favorite is when
the Taken Phalanx blast me into the fire traps and I burn to death before I can escape
. I'm bringing backup the next time I run it, screw fair and honorable duels. If Oryx is bringing all his bros to ruin my day, I'm doing the same.

Deku Tree

My next plan for my marks is to use them to buy some 280 gear from the tower vendors for my Hunter. Then decrypt some engrams and hope to make it to 290, and do the CoO quest to get a 300 artifact. Then RAID!

Deku Tree

Probably the worst gamble in the game, imo. Everybody I know has gotten screwed by them, including myself twice lol

What I did with my Titan was buy a legendary chest engram from the Cryptarch, and then infuse it with some high power warlock blues. Made the sting of decrypting at 266 light legendary chest piece wear off pretty quickly when it flew up to 285 a few seconds later...

Zocano

I just prefer design where it's more skill based then level gate meh.
First fights felt so dependent on communication, teamwork, and skill which is why I love them. Golgoroth is so frustrating but it's frustrating because mechanics not because lol underleveled.

I think it should be all designed as a mix of both. The early encounters had a lower ilvl so no one noticed but it was there.

Woah, Draksis just drop 2 exotic primary engram with one 3oC

Edit:

Just got
Year 2 Hawkmoon, Last Word, Monte Carlo
Hearafter
and another Taikonaut out of 20 3oC

They have to do something with marks. 30/day is so small.

There has to be other ways. I bought the 1000 yard sniper, bumped me up to 275. I want to Infuse my AR twice but it costs 3 legendary marks each? What if you're infusing with another legendary? You lose the marks you'd get from that legendary + 3, the cost of infusion.

I have 4 legendary marks and can't get any until tomorrow. Lame. I might just dismantle my extra legendary ghost to get the remaining marks.

LTWood12

Now that I have my HORI FPS Pro, I don't care about a "Full Auto" perk on my scout rifles. I've got that built in....

If you can hook up with a fire team or a CoO instance that is has 5-6 280-290 light people with three tier 2 and a tier 3 rune then it can be done really quickly.

If you need to RNG the runes yourself, or you can't find a big enough high powered group at the Court, then it can take a while.

Looking at DestinyTracker it seems that you'd have to do six reciprocal runes, 3 stolen runes, or one antiquated rune to complete the quest (or any combination of the above). Does that sound right? I've got seven reciprocal runes.

Deku Tree

Really guys .. what good are marks right now? I have too many and about to hit the cap and I still have quests to earn some. At 289 light.

Buy some 280 light tower armor for your other character... it will make the alt grind go much quicker.

Looking at DestinyTracker it seems that you'd have to do six reciprocal runes, 3 stolen runes, or one antiquated rune to complete the quest (or any combination of the above). Does that sound right? I've got seven reciprocal runes.

That's right... I've done it twice so far.

Top Bottom