• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ambitious

I have 1 of 7 in mine. Would like to join bud.

Sure! Sent you an invite.

How do you help others charge theirs? I would if I was around, but how does that work?

The seven Ultras you need to kill in order to charge the rune, they also spawn during the boss fight when someone uses the rune. If someone with an uncharged rune is member of the fireteam, they can fully charge their rune in this encounter.

Yeah. how do I raise that? I have one 1/7 as well. No idea how I got that or the 1. lol

Are you online right now? Join ps_flocki.

edit: Marvel & silver.tongue, it would be great it you wouldn't use your rune right away, but subsequently help four other players to charge their runes (two for each of you).

Kyne

Really guys .. what good are marks right now? I have too many and about to hit the cap and I still have quests to earn some. At 289 light.

They have to do something with marks. 30/day is so small.

There has to be other ways. I bought the 1000 yard sniper, bumped me up to 275. I want to Infuse my AR twice but it costs 3 legendary marks each? What if you're infusing with another legendary? You lose the marks you'd get from that legendary + 3, the cost of infusion.

I have 4 legendary marks and can't get any until tomorrow. Lame. I might just dismantle my extra legendary ghost to get the remaining marks.

/thisisneogaf

Marks are fine. You don't need to buy anything but a ghost. After that you cruise control with infusing.

Marvel

could never

The seven Ultras you need to kill in order to charge the rune, they also spawn during the boss fight. If someone with an uncharged rune is member of the fireteam, they can charge their rune in this encounter.

Thanks man, just had to reup no ps plus lol

Zocano

Really guys .. what good are marks right now? I have too many and about to hit the cap and I still have quests to earn some. At 289 light.

They're not really unless you want to buy a very specific item.

Gear progression is almost solely through actual drops now, which I prefer.

oktarb

Couple of questions upon reaching 290:

Do quests peter out? I haven't been picking up any new quests since main lining a whole bunch since launch. I thought they were dynamic and would just keep coming. Once I complete all quests will it be back to just bounties?

Is there anything to spend Exotic Shards on besides the occasional Exotic Weapon?

Are all the old upgrade material basically useless now, radiant Shards ect?

btkadams

Man I've been sitting at this sword selection screen for ages haha. Can't decide. Void seems like possibly the best one to have because of deflection, but I only have 1 legendary heavy right now and it is also void.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Do you have the scout? Cause I'm not even scooping with it half the time and I'm pulling off constant crits. It's rate of fire is amazing.

No. Im missing that and the pulse which i have no interest in. I prefer ARs since TTK patch. Or good old Hawkianmoon.

So far i love the armor style, but they guns both look and feel horrible in my eyes. Which is kinda a bummer.

Man I've been sitting at this sword selection screen for ages haha. Can't decide. Void seems like possibly the best one to have because of deflection, but I only have 1 legendary heavy right now and it is also void.

i just map to whatever new subclass they use

>claps hands as if finishing something<

Cruxist

Something to think about, the exotic sword requires you to do ability kills with the same element as your sword. So if you're a Titan, Void will suck.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Looking to start a fresh raid! I don't mind if you've already seen stuff but please no spoilers for those of us who haven't!

No experience necessary, please have a mic and be 290+

Add your name to the list and repost it!

Psn:

1. crophonso
2. Tastypwnwich
3. Hale_TC
4. Zacagawea

Two more!

LTWood12

This a good enough 'my first raid' sniper?

xHKWLCnl.jpg

No. Im missing that and the pulse which i have no interest in. I prefer ARs since TTK patch. Or good old Hawkianmoon.

So far i love the armor style, but they guns both look and feel horrible in my eyes. Which is kinda a bummer.
How can you say they're all horrible if you haven't tried them all yet?

LTWood12

I picked Arc Edge as an homage to Fatebringer.

LkPr

Couple of questions upon reaching 290:

Do quests peter out? I haven't been picking up any new quests since main lining a whole bunch since launch. I thought they were dynamic and would just keep coming. Once I complete all quests will it be back to just bounties?

Is there anything to spend Exotic Shards on besides the occasional Exotic Weapon?

Are all the old upgrade material basically useless now, radiant Shards ect?

Exotic Shards are required when you are infusing Exotic gear. 1 shard per infusion I believe

Ophelion

So i can finally say i hate how all the new raid weapons handle that ive gotten so far. They feel slow and highly inaccurate.

On the bright side, you can just infuse them into a weapon you do like until they reach raid weapon status in power.

Speaking of which, I love infusions. I really hope this is the system they stick with for weapon and armor upgrading going forward. Like, through infusions you could stick with guns you like from TTK at least until the end of year 2 I bet. You just infuse them with future expansion guns. Certainly a more elegant system for a more civilized age.

Dave_6

Wow I guess we started something. Shit I can't even get on until then. And at 284 I wouldn't be any help. So if you need to cut me go ahead. Was planning to do some Court of Oryx when I got on in hopes of getting a better artifact.

Though I got dat blind weapons of Light bubble so I may be good for something.

If you want to do some Court I'll help out. I just now got the Quest for it and I'm only 287 so I can't raid yet with my raid crew.

Jrmint

I've seen people talk about the 300 relic from an Eris quest. Is the one from the quest leading into Kings Fall? You have to complete the raid for that quest right?

Or is there another quest for one also. My relic is 276 and really dragging down my light.

Tecnniqe

Banned
How can you say they're all horrible if you haven't tried them all yet?

I said i hated everything ive gotten so far besides the armor.

Its nice to get the drop but i dont find the guns looks or feel to be suiting which is sad. I hoped i'd pick up something i'd like in there gun wise.

On the bright side, you can just infuse them into a weapon you do like until they reach raid weapon status in power.

Speaking of which, I love infusions. I really hope this is the system they stick with for weapon and armor upgrading going forward. Like, through infusions you could stick with guns you like from TTK at least until the end of year 2 I bet. You just infuse them with future expansion guns. Certainly a more elegant system for a more civilized age.
Yup they turn into Infuse mats, but i'd rather find one i like.

shermas

My next plan for my marks is to use them to buy some 280 gear from the tower vendors for my Hunter. Then decrypt some engrams and hope to make it to 290, and do the CoO quest to get a 300 artifact. Then RAID!

Probably what I should do. I have a bunch of engrams in the vault, saved for my alt. Level him with some 280 gear, open some engrams, go to town.

Deku Tree

Somebody I did NF with this week got one strange coin on the rewards screen.

That's right the new NF loot table includes the possibility of getting a measly one freaking strange coin from it!

And I didn't get any legendary marks for doing my second NF. So I guess the legendary marks that you get from NF are account wide only once per week...

Add to that the fact that you get no more faction rep, and there is no NF buff... and the whole infusion system.

Sometimes you might wonder if you need to do NF 3x each week.

LTWood12

If you want to do some Court I'll help out. I just now got the Quest for it and I'm only 287 so I can't raid yet with my raid crew.

for sure. haven't even gotten the quest yet. I guess I have to go do one w/ someone else then the quest will proc right? I should be on around 8ish central. Still haven't done the nightfall either.

EL CUCO

Is there a way to find out what gun we're getting back from the Gunsmith, or will it be RNG? Actually looking forward to the Shotgun since the one I have now is high impact slow rof.

Edit: they're in the Bungie armory

The seven Ultras you need to kill in order to charge the rune, they also spawn during the boss fight when someone uses the rune. If someone with an uncharged rune is member of the fireteam, they can fully charge their rune in this encounter.

edit: Marvel & silver.tongue, it would be great it you wouldn't use your rune right away, but subsequently help four other players to charge their runes (two for each of you).

I was on a crucible match.

Just added you.

They have to do something with marks. 30/day is so small.

There has to be other ways. I bought the 1000 yard sniper, bumped me up to 275. I want to Infuse my AR twice but it costs 3 legendary marks each? What if you're infusing with another legendary? You lose the marks you'd get from that legendary + 3, the cost of infusion.

I have 4 legendary marks and can't get any until tomorrow. Lame. I might just dismantle my extra legendary ghost to get the remaining marks.

Are you not doing quests? Heroics? Plenty of ways to get marks.

rNilla

That's right the new NF loot table includes the possibility of getting a measly one freaking strange coin from it!

And I didn't get any legendary marks for doing my second NF. So I guess the legendary marks that you get from NF are account wide only once per week...

Add to that the fact that you get no more faction rep, and there is no NF buff... and the whole infusion system.

Why bother with Nightfall when Draksis is just hanging out with nothing better to do?

Ghazi

It really is a dps problem though
ogres, vessel, oryx. If you have no ammo or can't do enough dps you'll wipe. To me that is cheap and no other raid boss has that limiter on it with such a tight amount of time

Uh... yeah. That's exactly the point. This raid requires very tight execution, which is awesome. Can't get DPS off? Get better gear or spend a round collecting ammo, it drops plentifully. I can't imagine how harder Hard is going to be, but I can't wait for it.

Klyka

Banned

uh, don't the Nightfalls just drop their stuff from the bosses now?
I don't think the after mission reward screens are really "the thing" anymore.

I don't think they want you to actually

How many marks u get?

FinKL

Definitely pick your new subclass as if you continue to use the sword to exotic, one of the quests is to kill enemies using that swords element. If you pick Void and have to get void kills as a titan, you're gonna have a bad time

Top Bottom