• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Well my Gatekeeper example did happen on Hard Mode. Normal mode is always going to be easy once we overlevel for it. I am referring to the Hard Mode version of King's Fall.
Aren't most of the end game bosses technically a DPS check? Every main boss has an enrage timer. Sure there is more strategy to it, but in the end, if you don't kill the boss fast enough, you wipe.

Skolas is the only one that ISN'T a DPS check.

rNilla

Heard you're just hoping for good loot. The lack of XP buff made it instantly less popular

Depends on your mileage.
Got a 297 auto rifle that I infused in my zhalos, so I was happy.
Rob, who helped me 2 man it up until the boss got 5 ToC out of it... Shit is only worth 7 strange coins...

The greater the risk the greater the rewards! Even if part of the risk is no reward at all...

It is pretty cool that there are other ways to get exotic drops now. Like from low level exploitable ultras...

I had a great group of blueberries earlier, there were 7 of us in total, tonight though I've loaded in half a dozen times and CoO is always empty.

I've seen it empty plenty of times which sucks. It probably hurts that the Dreadnaught is kind of a maze. Imagine if everyone spawned in right outside of the Court.

BraXzy

What's the drop rate on this stupid Skyburners Command Beacon, I've killed like 40 majors on the Dreadnaught and it still hasn't dropped for me :/

PuMa

man I'm at 286. I have no idea if i'm getting any higher by that time tonight or not, I got a bunch of stuff to do before I'll get to play. I don't think I could in anywhere need good conscience kick you off this run when I'd barely be contributing any more myself. :p

I just figured we'd take it easy and get as far as we could, you know?

Nah you're not kicking me off. I think I'm just afraid of getting frustrated if I go in and feel like I'm too underleveled. I know if I go do Court of Oryx tonight I'm guaranteed to get to 289 and probably higher. So depending on how long that takes I may still want to give it a shot.

I'll be down for helping with Court or whatever else you guys need tonight to get some more light levels.

Please please please I hope this is true because I agree it's incredibly tedious otherwise as a Titan doing Void kills.

I think it's like 500 kills needed, but if Majors count as more (like 3) then we're talking.

As a hunter needing void kills exclusion zone is not working well because the grenades and super. Back to waking the Hive.

Wallach

Well my Gatekeeper example did happen on Hard Mode. Normal mode is always going to be easy once we overlevel for it. I am referring to the Hard Mode version of King's Fall.

I don't think hard mode raids are the kind of content where they should be concerned about "pushing players out" due to it being very tightly tuned. It's the hardest thing the game has to offer at any given time, and ultimately isn't a huge departure from the normal version of the raid to where I think it would be imperative to expose it to a larger group. It's basically the only corner of the PvE game where they can safely appeal to the hardcore more than the majority.

I don't think the normal mode version of King's Fall is going to prove too difficult to where a significantly lower percentage will wind up having completed it compared to Vault of Glass in the long run, and I don't necessarily think it would be a bad thing if the hard mode version does.

Haven't done nightfall yet this week.

Anyone wanna run it?

I'm a 285 Nightstalker, not really sure what to expect, hopefully I don't get crushed.

1. xx_BATMANx
2. ???
3. ???

Kalamari

74%

If I get this done, I can finally stop playing pvp in a suboptimal manner like most pvp quests force you to do.

RIP Seahawks

74%

If I get this done, I can finally stop playing pvp in a suboptimal manner like most pvp quests force you to do.

RIP Seahawks

Try get it done asap, you need TLW kills, then shotgun kills then you do a special strike. You need to wait after you do all that till reset day which is tomorrow to receive the gun.

nowai

Is the strike, the last step in the quest?

Yes and it's a 290 version of the Cabal Bros strike. Think Xyor 2.0 for the Thorn bounty.

It's tough and honestly one of the most fun fights I have had in this game. Huge arena where you can't hide and have to outplay the onslaught of enemies with extra shields etc.

I don't think hard mode raids are the kind of content where they should be concerned about "pushing players out" due to it being very tightly tuned. It's the hardest thing the game has to offer at any given time, and ultimately isn't a huge departure from the normal version of the raid to where I think it would be imperative to expose it to a larger group. It's basically the only corner of the PvE game where they can safely appeal to the hardcore more than the majority.

I don't think the normal mode version of King's Fall is going to prove too difficult to where a significantly lower percentage will wind up having completed it compared to Vault of Glass in the long run, and I don't necessarily think it would be a bad thing if the hard mode version does.

Inevitably, a very vocal amount of people will.

EL CUCO

Yes and it's a 290 version of the Cabal Bros strike. Think Xyor 2.0 for the Thorn bounty.

It's tough and honestly one of the most fun fights I have had in this game. Huge arena where you can't hide and have to outplay the onslaught of enemies with extra shields etc.
Whelp. I'll be up for this in a couple hours, if anybody needs to do it.

We need to make sure to kill the bros with a shotgun right?
Yes. If you're on PS4, I'll be running the around 10pm ET. A few others are interested in doing it tonight too.
I should be Raiding around that time, but I'm down for 7pm.

Klyka

Banned
Ok guys, I am home now, light 295 Hunter and I'd like to kill me an Oryx.

Any spots open? Any people willing to help?

PSN is Klyka1

nOoblet16

Man I started my Titan today, transferred stuff from my main Hunter and now she is 278...only because my artefact is 200.

Where the fuck do I get an artefact that is not holding me back, they randomly drop from engrams but I haven't had any yet for my titan and the only other way I know to get one for sure is doing court of Oryx complete quest (it's not unlocked yet for me).

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
found the item Trinary Star for my hunter.

Flavour text:
We were fools to trust this god-machine, this bringer of death and darkness

from the start I had a feeling the traveler is the big bad in this story, since the alpha. last raid of destiny 1 inside the traveler? >>

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not sure what I want to do after work tonight (other than the two dailies of course.) I might be interested in chain running heroics to burn off my remaining 3oC, but I also need to crucible for a bit to get 16 more guardian sword kills for that quest.

hrmm

Klyka

Banned
found the item Trinary Star for my hunter.

Flavour text:
We were fools to trust this god-machine, this bringer of death and darkness

from the start I had a feeling the traveler is the big bad in this story, since the alpha. last raid of destiny 1 inside the traveler? >>

Actually that is more about how

The Darkness aka Oryx and his Hive follow the Traveler, chasing him down constantly. That's why it brings "Death and Darkness" cause it's being chased. It's also being theorized from some Grimoire cards that there are more than one Traveler and they are described as "parasitic agents of the Sky/Light" by the Hive Gods.

Top Bottom