• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Sullichin

You're in for a treat. The strike design is so much better now. I did Shieldbros for the first time yesterday, that was bonkers.

I actually like all of the strikes in rotation now. That's a crazy thing. My least favorite one is the remixed Psion Flayers because there's no ultras in it for 3OC chance.

Am I the only one that doesn't give two shits about swords? I just don't see any instance where I would want to equip them over the other heavy options. I'm about to drop this quest too because 50 major kills/25 crucible kills ain't happening, lol.

Theres plenty of reason to equip them. The
knight during Oryx
fight for one. It's great if one guy has a sword to hit him. Also a lot of bosses in CoO. And Swords are super fun in Crucible. If you don't just blindly run at people you'll get kills. The sword has a block, and you have a 66% chance of being able to block special and heavy shots.

LTWood12

Draksis is the real star of TTK.
He deserves an OT.

lol. It was one of my favorite story missions from Vanilla. 3oC had me feeling all nostalgic, but the bastard refused to ever drop weapon engrams. All I got was Suros and Monte Carlo!

Oh and:
Taikonaut
Empyrean Bellicose
No Back-up Plans
Ruin Wings
Alpha Lupi
Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
Claws of Ahamkara

Plus some dupes of that stuff. Just missing the new Titan gauntlets on my Titan, but dammit I wanted a new fun weapon.

Hung Wei Lo

So what's the over/under on Armsday orders and their attack values? What are we thinking 280? contingent upon your current light level? Anyone know? I got a Hakke Pulse, Suros Scout, and Hakke shotty on order.

I'm hoping it's a garbage value #bitter

I discarded mine as I thought I saw that it we could get rid of and replace it. No more making decisions after 10+ hours of straight playing

I don't think I've ever heard Lik talk.

naaah no carries in this Raid. Be strong, everyone must.

Although I will say I was falling sleep for half of the run yesterday and we still managed to beat it.

Pffft - he's beaten it already. He has overcome his noobiness.
By way of the force
He is on stand by for when we yield. :p

I think i've heard lik once. Once.

JUST DO IT
just-do-it-shia-la-beouf-video-meme-parodia-parody-star-wars-goku-dragon-ball-lol-wtf.jpg
I heard lik before, remember he needed help with the raid. So formed a group, started without him and he joined in midway with..shocker a headset saying some things! Well maybe I am wrong, since it's pretty rare to hear lik talk ;)

Frostburn

Any teams forming for King's Fall? I have only done the first boss (Friday night random GAF invite) but have looked up most of the strats and would love to do any or all of the raid.

295 Light Warlock, 290 1000-yard Stare, Good scout primary and heavy MG

GhaleonEB

So, the mission called Outbound Signal (or was it Transmission?). Is it just me or was that the most overt telegraphing of where the next story was going to go in?
We find the Cabal in the ship sending a signal deep into space, without knowing what was receiving it, and Zavala intones we will probably find out soon. It was very similar in feel to the Shrine of Oryx mission, that foretold the arrival of Oryx.

I've seen a few potential hooks left in TTK, but one really jumped out.

Shito

lol. It was one of my favorite story missions from Vanilla. 3oC had me feeling all nostalgic, but the bastard refused to ever drop weapon engrams. All I got was Suros and Monte Carlo!

Oh and:
Taikonaut
Empyrean Bellicose
No Back-up Plans
Ruin Wings
Alpha Lupi
Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
Claws of Ahamkara

Plus some dupes of that stuff. Just missing the new Titan gauntlets on my Titan, but dammit I wanted a new fun weapon.
I still haven't decrypted the armor engrams I got from him: are they weighted towards the class you decrypt them with?
If so, I still have to decide which ones I want first.

He hooked me up good with weapons, though. <3

So, the mission called Outbound Signal (or was it Transmission?). Is it just me or was that the most overt telegraphing of where the next story was going to go in?
We find the Cabal in the ship sending a signal deep into space, without knowing what was receiving it, and Zavala intones we will probably find out soon. It was very similar in feel to the Shrine of Oryx mission, that foretold the arrival of Oryx.
Theres a Grimiore card forgot which one.
But it explains at the end that the empire of the cabal might be coming.

Man our solar system is so popular :D

Baliis

I still haven't decrypted the armor engrams I got from him: are they weighted towards the class you decrypt them with?
If so, I still have to decide which ones I want first.

He hooked me up good with weapons, though. <3

I pretty much only got hunter gear out of mine, only two non out of maybe 15 engrams, so I assume so

Kensuke

Woah, Destiny was actually kind to me. I was saving 1 primary exotic engram for when I got to level 300. Decrypted it and got exactly what I wanted: a 310 Zhalo Supercell. That's a 1/8 chance. I've never been this lucky in this game. Ever.

Don't even know what primary to use anymore between Jaded Rabbit, Touch of Malice and Zhalo. This is awesome.

Woah, Destiny was actually kind to me. I was saving 1 primary exotic engram for when I got to level 300. Decrypted it and got exactly what I wanted: a 310 Zhalo Supercell. That's a 1/8 chance. I've never been this lucky in this game. Ever.

Don't even know what primary to use anymore between Jaded Rabbit, Touch of Malice and Zhalo. This is awesome.
t(-_-)t

inthrall

Theres a Grimiore card forgot which one.
But it explains at the end that the empire of the cabal might be coming.

Man our solar system is so popular :D

Yeah, the implication was that three guardians practicing acrobatics after massacring a base was enough to warrant a full scale assault :p

Also the one with
Dead Orbit mentioning that we hadn't even seen the main body of their fleet yet, and that this was just the preliminary assault on our system. I think it said they usually send the Skybreakers into an area first to soften it up, which I guess they did do. My bets are on a Cabal raid on Mars, behind that giant door opposite the Black Garden gate

Dante316

Zhallo is by my most favorite weapon in destiny. Lucky bish :) 310

Yeah, the implication was that three guardians practicing acrobatics after massacring a base was enough to warrant a full scale assault :p

Also the one with
Dead Orbit mentioning that we hadn't even seen the main body of their fleet yet, and that this was just the preliminary assault on our system
Yeah it's always felt this way to me. Considering they blow up planets and moons for getting in their way.

Sullichin

Jealous that you have all those primaries. Damn.

Tovarisc

Well from Y1 grimoire, I think,
we learn that Cabal presence in our solar system is just one of their small scouting parties that scout and prepare systems for their main force to move into. If I remember right.

Top Bottom