• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

nowai

Whelp. I'll be up for this in a couple hours, if anybody needs to do it.

We need to make sure to kill the bros with a shotgun right?

I should be Raiding around that time, but I'm down for 7pm.

You don't need to get the killing blow, but my team and I used shotguns to kill them. Pretty sure you only need to damage them with shotguns, but just to be safe we only used shotties.

Pretty much all of the mobs have shields though just like the old "epic" modifiers. So make sure at least one person has a void weapon to kill take out the psions that come out in packs.

Namikaze1

So when is Luke going to show up? He promised he would explain things last OT.

You all do remember the whole "Long Live The King" thing right?

found the item Trinary Star for my hunter.

Flavour text:
We were fools to trust this god-machine, this bringer of death and darkness

from the start I had a feeling the traveler is the big bad in this story, since the alpha. last raid of destiny 1 inside the traveler? >>

Seeing how the Fallen become helpless after the traveler abandoned them I cant stop thinking the traveler is just a big Enginner from Halo. The traveler can super advance civilizations so fast, the civ itselft can learn how to survive without him and attracks big predator from outer space chasing for its light at the same time destroying the civilization where the traveler was stationary.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Actually that is more about how

The Darkness aka Oryx and his Hive follow the Traveler, chasing him down constantly. That's why it brings "Death and Darkness" cause it's being chased. It's also being theorized from some Grimoire cards that there are more than one Traveler and they are described as "parasitic agents of the Sky/Light" by the Hive Gods.
Says the race that
are host to parasitic worms themselves

phen0m24

I hope your back is strong. We need Colonel Carry.

My back is weak but I know a guy who does big plays and occasionally bigger plays

You haven't raided yet right? If you have a spot to fill let me know!

There he is! :p And apparently doesn't sleep, either lol. If someone drops off TG will commence carry big-play style

Thanks guys. Looking forward to shenanigans. If Nilla doesn't try the NLB on Taken
onlyhalfjoking
and we don't wipe countless times it is less of a memory.

Mwahahaha

LTWood12

My back is weak but I know a guy who does big plays and occasionally bigger plays

There he is! :p And apparently doesn't sleep, either lol. If someone drops off TG will commence carry big-play style

Thanks guys. Looking forward to shenanigans. If Nilla doesn't try the NLB on Taken
onlyhalfjoking

Mwahahaha

You pretty much have to give Zoba my spot.

I haven't been able to spend much time with TTK, but used up the last of my Three of Coins today. Overall this netted me:

• Hawkmoon
  • Monte Carlo
  • The 4th Horseman
  • Hereafter
  • Light Beyond Nemesis
  • The Stag
  • Knucklehead Radar
  • An Insurmountable Skullfort
  • 2x Ruin Wings
  • Immolation Fists
  • 2x Heart of the Praxic Fire
  • Alchemist's Raiment

So far I haven't done any Dailies or Nightfalls, as I just reached 246. Legendary drops have more or less been a rarity in the weapons department.

Nami, I'm on. No mic, still charging it. Haven't used it in a while lol

I don't think I've ever heard Lik talk.

onlyhalfjoking

Mwahahaha

naaah no carries in this Raid. Be strong, everyone must.

Although I will say I was falling sleep for half of the run yesterday and we still managed to beat it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I haven't been able to spend much time with TTK, but used up the last of my Three of Coins today. Overall this netted me:

So far I haven't done any Dailies or Nightfalls, as I just reached 246. Legendary drops have more or less been a rarity in the weapons department

Jealous that you got a stag (I want one!) but sad you didn't get a Zhalo out of that many yellows.

R0ckman

Me and my friend were discussing this but what we don't like about the raids is the tightness in the mechs that if bungie refuses to fix bugs, there must be room for bug deaths if they refuse to fix them. I can't believe people let Crota slide all the way through hard.

A good team also does not mean everyone should be amazing at a certain skill. It means everyone should have good synergy and be able to cover certain weaknesses, and not feel helpless if a player is forced in to a scenario that makes him weaker and no one can cover for him. I think that's not good design.

Acidote

289 light level with a 266 artifact.

>.<

Went by the CoO but there was nobody around, I'll try again tomorrow. Reset day.

LiK

Although I will say I was falling sleep for half of the run yesterday and we still managed to beat it.

Yes you have. We talked plenty in raids and PVP. Unless you confused my voice for someone else.

Am I the only one that doesn't give two shits about swords? I just don't see any instance where I would want to equip them over the other heavy options. I'm about to drop this quest too because 50 major kills/25 crucible kills ain't happening, lol.

Acidote

Am I the only one that doesn't give two shits about swords? I just don't see any instance where I would want to equip them over the other heavy options. I'm about to drop this quest too because 50 major kills/25 crucible kills ain't happening, lol.

The Major kills are just a few minutes with the 3 hive down by the cosmodrome drop zone. The Crucible kills... good luck and I hope you have patience. I know I don't.

Finished the main quest today. LOVE IT.
TTK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla #CaptainObvious

Onto Strikes, Quests, light level hunting and stuff. \o/

zewone

Man I started my Titan today, transferred stuff from my main Hunter and now she is 278...only because my artefact is 200.

Where the fuck do I get an artefact that is not holding me back, they randomly drop from engrams but I haven't had any yet for my titan and the only other way I know to get one for sure is doing court of Oryx complete quest (it's not unlocked yet for me).

Do the Court of Oryx quest to get a 300 artifact.

LTWood12

So what's the over/under on Armsday orders and their attack values? What are we thinking 280? contingent upon your current light level? Anyone know? I got a Hakke Pulse, Suros Scout, and Hakke shotty on order.

phen0m24

You pretty much have to give Zoba my spot.

Pffft - he's beaten it already. He has overcome his noobiness.
By way of the force
He is on stand by for when we yield. :p

I think i've heard lik once. Once.

JUST DO IT
just-do-it-shia-la-beouf-video-meme-parodia-parody-star-wars-goku-dragon-ball-lol-wtf.jpg

Takuan

Finished the main quest today. LOVE IT.
TTK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla #CaptainObvious

Onto Strikes, Quests, light level hunting and stuff. \o/

You're in for a treat. The strike design is so much better now. I did Shieldbros for the first time yesterday, that was bonkers.

Top Bottom