• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Depends on your mileage.
Got a 297 auto rifle that I infused in my zhalos, so I was happy.
Rob, who helped me 2 man it up until the boss got 5 3oC out of it... Shit is only worth 7 strange coins...
Nightfall rewards are in a bizaaaaarre place right now. There's no "everybody gets it" reward except for some Rep- if I'm not mistaken it doesn't even give any marks...?

I was happy to have the 2.0 Alpha Lupi for revive-spammy content, but that doesn't even include Nightfalls themselves anymore, lol!

Still, it was a lot of fun and that's the primary reason I did they in the past anyway. I just hope they're cooking up some replacement for the XP/rep buff as they alluded to.

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone up for dying in Kings fall raid? Just got to 293 and have no idea what the encounters are going to be like....but I don't care lol.

1.SC-ViciousDS

So is the red bull not being sold anymore for destiny? I've checked 3 different Walmarts and several gas stations and nothing. No singles nor 4 packs anywhere. Sucks as I wanted to level a little quicker but can't find any cans with codes.

If it makes you feel better, ive bought 6 of those over the promotion and never got a single one that worked nor a non-automated reply from redbull

Kyne

Nightfall rewards are in a bizaaaaarre place right now. There's no "everybody gets it" reward except for some Rep- if I'm not mistaken it doesn't even give any marks...?

I was happy to have the 2.0 Alpha Lupi for revive-spammy content, but that doesn't even include Nightfalls themselves anymore, lol!

Still, it was a lot of fun and that's the primary reason I did they in the past anyway. I just hope they're cooking up some replacement for the XP/rep buff as they alluded to.

25 marks for nightfall IIRC.

noomi

Did a bunch of tier 1/2/3 court of oryx and got me a fee fragments... I think thats all of 'em.

Was really hoping for a high level ghost, but everything i decrypt now is in 260-280 range.... Im level 298, the heck man?!

cilonen

So, the mission called Outbound Signal (or was it Transmission?). Is it just me or was that the most overt telegraphing of where the next story was going to go in?
We find the Cabal in the ship sending a signal deep into space, without knowing what was receiving it, and Zavala intones we will probably find out soon. It was very similar in feel to the Shrine of Oryx mission, that foretold the arrival of Oryx.

I've seen a few potential hooks left in TTK, but one really jumped out.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're getting either that or Vex next.

There's some neat interactions with the Vex and the Hive buried in the new grimoire stuff.

I'm now pretty sure that the
dark heart in the Black Garden at the end of the original game was a huge Taken blight

inthrall

Maybe it's just me, but Ruin Wongs actually work now!

Edit: Ruin Wongs
Edit: Fick me
Edit: dead

10/wong

There's some neat interactions with the Vex and the Hive buried in the new grimoire stuff.

dark heart in the Black Garden at the end of the original game was a huge Taken blight

Maybe, I thought it was a piece of the darkness that the Vex stole as part of the mind who implemented worship in the Vex (Books of Sorrow) to siphon their power

Anyone up for dying in Kings fall raid? Just got to 293 and have no idea what the encounters are going to be like....but I don't care lol.

1.SC-ViciousDS

If there is still room in a couple of hours by any chance, I will jump in on this. It'd be a blind run for me.

LTWood12

guys these new rune wongers are amazin'

raise your wongers! ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

I got the 2.0 Ruin Wongs from Draksis. You, sirs, have my interest.

Purple wongs er'where.

Weren't No Back-up plans supposed to be good now? I remember the game informer article made it sound like the perks were better, but these seem like the same lame ol' plans.

Why would
the Vex worship it, though? They're afraid of the Taken, so much even that they lure you into the Vault of Glass so you can clean it up for them. That Heart draws upon the Darkness, same as the Taken do, but it was a Vex creation.

On an unrelated note, I'm ready for reset tomorrow. This is the week Oryx dies.

Ysx3JVF.jpg

LTWood12

Why would
the Vex worship it, though? They're afraid of the Taken, so much even that they lure you into the Vault of Glass so you can clean it up for them. That Heart draws upon the Darkness, same as the Taken do, but it was a Vex creation.

Nice Wongs.

ViciousDS

Banned
If there is still room in a couple of hours by any chance, I will jump in on this. It'd be a blind run for me.

Your good

PS4

1.SC-ViciousDS
2. Xander crews

stb

few pages back I saw people were mentioning that the Exotic Sword/Chaperone quest needed to be done before tomorrow. Let it be known that they are weapon quests that reset on armsday, so you actually have until Wednesday.

Wait, wait, wait. Those quests have to be completed the same week they're obtained or they reset? Or do they just disappear? What happens if someone obtains the quest like... tomorrow night?

cilonen

Why would

Maybe
it's their recreation of a blight? Have you read the bits of the Book of Sorrow where Oryx cuts the fabric of another realm and finds the Vex there and then becomes interested in them and watches them try to comprehend what he is?

EL CUCO

So I'm curious, can Crota be kill with our own Sword? Would be hilarious to hop right over the Sword Bearer and chop Crota down. He'll never knew what hit him

SkylineRKR

Wait, wait, wait. Those quests have to be completed the same week they're obtained or they reset? Or do they just disappear? What happens if someone obtains the quest like... tomorrow night?

That can't be true. I'm still too low for the 290 strike. Its the only thing I need to do. That strike won't disappear from my map surely?

Top Bottom