• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Finally finished off the Court of Oryx missions by cheesing things abit.

Basically our party of 3 just found some solo guy in the area and asked him if he wanted to do it. Then we got him to invite two of our friends into his fire-team, and all joined one party chat.

So we basically had 6 dudes running a sequence balanced for 3.

Don't know if that's considered cheating in Bungie's view, but it was much more enjoyable and we made a new friend. So it all worked out well.

inthrall

I hadn't even made that leap yet, that's a good catch. So
the Heart of the Black Garden is the result of Quria's experiments on the Hive
?

I believe so, and also why we don't see the Vex fighting Hive anywhere. Quiria dying/being captured means that there is no Mind around to disable that functionality, so we are really fighting a bunch of religious robots. Its possible Quiria is still around as her story ends once she is captured, so I could see her as another Vex boss down the line

"I'll say it because Cayde never will. Gunslingers are elitists. Nothing but the best is good enough for their hands. And firepower isn't enough. They demand elegance, as if there's anything elegant about a gun. If they had their way, Golden Guns would be standard issue. What a universe that would be." —Lord Shaxx

lol

DjRalford

Basically our party of 3 just found some solo guy in the area and asked him if he wanted to do it. Then we got him to invite two of our friends into his fire-team, and all joined one party chat.

Don't know if that's considered cheating in Bungie's view, but it was much more enjoyable and we made a new friend. So it all worked out well.

It's made for upto 9 to join so not cheesing at all

Shito

Anyone for an antiquated Court go? I got one.

me is LLv289 too low?

psn ne0ism-
Thanks guys, that was smooth and not so hard with two randoms.
People saying you have to expect dying a lot were right, though. :D

Nightfall rewards are in a bizaaaaarre place right now. There's no "everybody gets it" reward except for some Rep- if I'm not mistaken it doesn't even give any marks...?

I was happy to have the 2.0 Alpha Lupi for revive-spammy content, but that doesn't even include Nightfalls themselves anymore, lol!

Still, it was a lot of fun and that's the primary reason I did they in the past anyway. I just hope they're cooking up some replacement for the XP/rep buff as they alluded to.
Yeah, I had a great time on that NF.
We had to slowly 2-man it to the boss because we couldn't find a third, and we got one for the boss, from whom we had to flee at the end, rezing each other as he was killing us in one blow. That was a really rich experience, with a nice change of pace at the end, I loved it.
That being said, I didn't feel the need to boost my alts to run it twice more, and I am not sure I will do them all 3 every week like I used to when all my characters are 280+.
That may be a good thing, though. :)

Wow, Paradox mission would kick my ass solo real hard at my current light level. Thanks Nami.
I loved that mission.
Oracle part gave me some DMC or Bayonetta vibes trying to solo it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I believe so, and also why we don't see the Vex fighting Hive anywhere. Quiria dying/being captured means that there is no Mind around to disable that functionality, so we are really fighting a bunch of religious robots. Its possible Quiria is still around as her story ends once she is captured, so I could see her as another Vex boss down the line
Anything interesting about daughters of oryx in BoS?

blazeuk

Alright guys is there ANY chance I can get an Oryx kill in here?

Anybody up for helping me? Been getting robbed by lag all night yesterday and REALLY want to see this fucker burn.

I'm still looking to get it done, tried all last night and didn't manage it because we lacked a Titan (got him down to ~2-3% quite a few times but without WoL just didn't have the DPS to finish him off).

Interesting.
It makes a lot of sense for Quria to have been the actual Heart, having done so much research on the Darkness. Or we might see her down the line. Very cool stuff.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So wait, is it correct that there's no Armsday testing that can be done tonight? The field test weapons leave on Sunday reset?

Admodieus

Alright guys is there ANY chance I can get an Oryx kill in here?

Anybody up for helping me? Been getting robbed by lag all night yesterday and REALLY want to see this fucker burn.

I'm still looking to get it done, tried all last night and didn't manage it because we lacked a Titan (got him down to ~2-3% quite a few times but without WoL just didn't have the DPS to finish him off).

I'm forming a group in about an hour to take him down. Send a friend request on PSN to Admodieus.

inthrall

Anything interesting about daughters of oryx in BoS?

Yeah, a bunch of stuff about Oryx being a father. They teased Crota into engaging the Vex, and came up with the idea for Oryx to grow wings. Oryx went to them for advice on how to engage an enemy once, which gave some cool insights into how they think.

Interesting.
It makes a lot of sense for Quria to have been the actual Heart, having done so much research on the Darkness. Or we might see her down the line. Very cool stuff.

Yeah, the Books of Sorrow were awesome! Some cool stories in there

LiK

Alright, I feel like a scrub constantly with the new systems. Gonna look at a video primer tonight so I can stop asking noob questions.

zewone

The exotic sword quest is the worst, designed to just be a grind - randomly find relic iron and hope you get a rare drop and then kill 100(?) enemies with basically grenades only. I managed to do about 30% of it before giving up.

500 enemies and your super counts, not just grenades.

But. yeah, it sucks.

Finished last night.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah, a bunch of stuff about Oryx being a father. They teased Crota into engaging the Vex, and came up with the idea for Oryx to grow wings. Oryx went to them for advice on how to engage an enemy once, which gave some cool insights into how they think.

Yeah, the Books of Sorrow were awesome! Some cool stories in there
Sounds cool. I'll get to reading them eventually ={

noomi

So wait, is it correct that there's no Armsday testing that can be done tonight? The field test weapons leave on Sunday reset?

Thats the first Im hearing if this, reset is every Wednesday.

Does the gunsmith not shiw any field test weapons today?

LiK

Whatever works. You made friends. Bungie likes players making friends.

zewone

Has anyone figured out if the vanguard heroics drop better loot than the 36?

I got a legendary engram on my first regular 36 run earlier today. plenty of blue engrams during the next two runs, as well.

Other than the 30 marks, is there any benefit to doing the heroics? At 290ish, the regular vanguard strikes are almost farming.

The drops look to be exactly the same. I'm only doing the 3 heroics now.

lt519

Is the100.io still being used?

Need two to run raid tomorrow at 6PM EST on PS4. Blind raid with no internet help, going to see how far we can get. Be prepared to put some time in, no knowledge of the raid is a requirement and preferably something above light 285. We have 4 experienced Destiny raiders already. Send be a PM or PSN rarbusto. Have to step away for the night, would appreciate if you see someone looking to send them my way!

Top Bottom