• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Jinjo

So I'm curious, can Crota be kill with our own Sword? Would be hilarious to hop right over the Sword Bearer and chop Crota down. He'll never knew what hit him
Nope, has to be the Sword relic. You can however bring his shields down with a team of regular sword wielders. Then have guardian with relic sword come in to lay down the damage on him for extra badassery.

gk1225

Neo Member
Your good

Anyone up for dying in Kings fall raid? Just got to 293 and have no idea what the encounters are going to be like....but I don't care lol.

PS4

1.SC-ViciousDS
2. Xander crews

I'm down. 292 Hunter and haven't done it yet. Can only be on for a few hours but will try to get as far as possible. PSN: gk1225. No mic though sorry.

cilonen

So I'm curious, can Crota be kill with our own Sword? Would be hilarious to hop right over the Sword Bearer and chop Crota down. He'll never knew what hit him
We need to try a 6 sword run. One 'official' sword bearer and five sword guardians trying to get him to kneel with sword blows.

How often are you guys using your swords? I pull mine out constantly and almost never run out of ammo.

You can't get a heavy ammo drop somewhere between 56 sword swings?

Mix it up a bit more.

:p

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm down. 292 Hunter and haven't done it yet. Can only be on for a few hours but will try to get as far as possible. PSN: gk1225. No mic though sorry.

Alright then

Anyone up for dying in Kings fall raid? Just got to 293 and have no idea what the encounters are going to be like....but I don't care lol.

1.SC-ViciousDS
2.gk1225
3. Xander

inthrall

Why would
the Vex worship it, though? They're afraid of the Taken, so much even that they lure you into the Vault of Glass so you can clean it up for them. That Heart draws upon the Darkness, same as the Taken do, but it was a Vex creation.

On an unrelated note, I'm ready for reset tomorrow. This is the week Oryx dies.

"Quria’s objective was to exploit the paracausal physics of Oryx’s throne to become divine." She created a object of false worship for the Vex, so they could use its powers to try and make their own throne dimension like Crota/Oryx have

EDIT: Heres the quote:
Quria captured some worm larvae and began experimenting with them. Soon Quria, Blade Transform manifested religious tactics. By directing worship at the worms, Quria learned it could alter reality with mild ontopathogenic effects. Being an efficient machine, Quria manufactured a priesthood and ordered all its subminds to believe in worship. Then it set about abducting and killing dangerous organisms so it could bootstrap itself to Hive godhood. For some Vex reason, Quria never attempted to introduce worm larvae into its mind fluid.

EL CUCO

Nope, has to be the Sword relic. You can however bring his shields down with a team of regular sword wielders. Then have guardian with relic sword come in to lay down the damage on him for extra badassery.

We need to try a 6 sword run. One 'official' sword bearer and five sword guardians trying to get him to kneel with sword blows.
Haha that would be awesome. Make chop liver out of Oryx's son for sport..

lt519

Blind raid tomorrow at 6PM est on PS4 if anyone is interested send me a PM. We are a very experienced raiding team and need two more. Can't have done any of it before, going in totally oblivious.

Try and be above 285 light with a decent loadout. Couple different weapons that'll get you there.

Psn rarbusto

ViciousDS

Banned
Just realized Xander's said he won't be available for a couple hours. I want to start now because I have no idea how long a raids going to take lol. Hell we might not even finish it. But we have 4 open spots left

Right now it's me and gk

pixxxelz

How often are you guys using your swords? I pull mine out constantly and almost never run out of ammo.

You can't get a heavy ammo drop somewhere between 56 sword swings?

Mix it up a bit more.

:p
I use mine A LOT for both attack and defense I feel defenseless without it, so I have to pop a heavy synth every now and then.

blazeuk

this sword bounty is worse than the last word bounty

these are not fun. stop.

The exotic sword quest is the worst, designed to just be a grind - randomly find relic iron and hope you get a rare drop and then kill 100(?) enemies with basically grenades only. I managed to do about 30% of it before giving up.

Is there a full list of the new and upgraded exotics in tkk?

I guess I might give the new raid a try tonight after I get off work, around 10 eastern time. If anyone wants to play let me know.

Ps4

"Quria’s objective was to exploit the paracausal physics of Oryx’s throne to become divine." She created a object of false worship for the Vex, so they could use its powers to try and make their own throne dimension like Crota/Oryx have

EDIT: Heres the quote:
Quria captured some worm larvae and began experimenting with them. Soon Quria, Blade Transform manifested religious tactics. By directing worship at the worms, Quria learned it could alter reality with mild ontopathogenic effects. Being an efficient machine, Quria manufactured a priesthood and ordered all its subminds to believe in worship. Then it set about abducting and killing dangerous organisms so it could bootstrap itself to Hive godhood. For some Vex reason, Quria never attempted to introduce worm larvae into its mind fluid.

I hadn't even made that leap yet, that's a good catch. So
the Heart of the Black Garden is the result of Quria's experiments on the Hive
?

MrDaravon

Anyone doing the Raid on PS4 soonish from the
ogre checkpoint, G-whatever his name is
? I made it this far with a group and had the mechanics of the fight explained but we had to all disperse. To be honest I really have no inclination to start at beginning of the Raid again given how long it took me to get to that point. Or I'd be okay with a later checkpoint as well. 290-292 Hunter depending on what I have equipped.

funny seeing people running around with sword hilt in crucible trying to get kills

i almost want to let them kill me cuz i know that struggle is real

sorry i don't have any top of page funny gifs :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol, didnt see that at all on my end. Had no idea what you were talking about. Thats hilarious.
It was great at the end because he would do an emote and be totally animated normally and then snap back to mannequin-mode when he moved. I wonder if I can snag a gif of that

Klyka

Banned
Alright guys is there ANY chance I can get an Oryx kill in here?

Anybody up for helping me? Been getting robbed by lag all night yesterday and REALLY want to see this fucker burn.

ViciousDS

Banned
Alright guys is there ANY chance I can get an Oryx kill in here?

Anybody up for helping me? Been getting robbed by lag all night yesterday and REALLY want to see this fucker burn.

I'm guessing your at the last checkpoint then

Because me and gk are starting fresh

shermas

Has anyone figured out if the vanguard heroics drop better loot than the 36?

I got a legendary engram on my first regular 36 run earlier today. plenty of blue engrams during the next two runs, as well.

Other than the 30 marks, is there any benefit to doing the heroics? At 290ish, the regular vanguard strikes are almost farming.

Top Bottom