• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

i'm cool with full party sword grniding .

B0-MiHzCMAADysA.png

Why are people complaining about swords? 5 kills in 5 matches, don't even need heavy ammo. It's a quest for a 310 exotic just like Tom it isn't going to be easy. I can imagine the PvP guys being pissed that to get Tom they have to grind CoO until they get the specific combo of bosses to unlock the fragments. These quests are designed to be challenging and put you out of your comfort zone, if you don't like it enjoy your legendary sword.

Going to do more than just him? I'd be down if so

Are you going to start at
Warpriest
and finish the rest of the raid or just the
Warpriest
?

Is 292 okay?

I'm down to go all the way. Just need to go out for a bit. Thinking of starting around 8 or 9 EST. Hope you can still do that Noob. And 292 is more than ok, as I'm only 291 at present xD

Heading out to get dinner now, but will be checking the thread. Frostburn and co. feel free to round up the rest of the group, Excited to try to finish this!!!

Raiding Party from
Warpriest
on:

1. WheelHoss1
2. Frostburn
3. The Gentleman
4. Nooblet?

I used the deployment codes and was too slow on the race objective by 2 seconds. Now I need to get the command beacon and start over. The one I got dropped from a Colossus, so do I just need to head to the Dreadnaught and farm Cabal kills until another one drops for me, or is there a specific thing I have to do?

It's made for upto 9 to join so not cheesing at all

Ah, I didn't realize.

Must get hectic though, if you have a bunch of different fire teams all trying to cash in different runes at the same time, lol.

i haven't even raided yet let alone use any of the guns, but do the raid weapons kind of suck? i'm looking at the descriptions and they seem very ordinary.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
I'm down to go all the way. Just need to go out for a bit. Thinking of starting around 8 or 9 EST. Hope you can still do that Noob. And 292 is more than ok, as I'm only 291 at present xD

Heading out to get dinner now, but will be checking the thread. Frostburn and co. feel free to round up the rest of the group, Excited to try to finish this!!!

Raiding Party from
Warpriest
on:

1. WheelHoss1
2. Frostburn
3. The Gentleman
4. Nooblet?

Should be fine with me I'll update you if it isn't,
Send invite when ready to raid.

GutZ31

is there a problem with the servers?

cause since i got the game on saturday it takes me several tries to access the game.

A large amount of people have new and old routers that have security settings that do not allow for voice, and party abilities that Destiny, and other new games provide.
I strongly suggest opening ports for your PS4 in your router to allow for as little interference as possible.

http://portforward.com/

http://portforward.com/help/destiny/

The other option is to DMZ your PS4 to make it completely insecure security wise, but easy to connect to services.
DMZ is only suggested if you know the risks, but it is also the easier way of doing this.

SpecX

287, taking forever now to increase my light level. Can't bother doing anymore strikes since it seems I only do Taniks, the brothers, and the undying mind. What happened to the quick stokes like Sepiks? Think I'm calling it quits till tonight if I have the urge to play still. Sucks, wanted to reach 290+ to run the raid today.

i haven't even raided yet let alone use any of the guns, but do the raid weapons kind of suck? i'm looking at the descriptions and they seem very ordinary.

seem kinda meh from what I've seen

i got the fusion rifle and it has a really slow charge rate

friend got the RPG and it has mediocre velocity.. low velocity seems to be a trend with taken king rockets.. even Truth's velocity got nerfed looks like

And if 25 sword kills sounds to grindy wait till you have to get 80 Hadium Flakes to fully upgrade ToM.

If anyone is still struggling with the CoO fragments they only drop when you yourself use a rune and only on a certain boss type. If you don't get the one you want simply step out of the area and it will reset allowing you to try for the combo again.

The necessary combos are.

Fragment XXXIX: Lokar/Vorlog

Fragment XL: Bracus Huru/(Cra'adug & Mangoor)

Fragment XLI: Krughor/(Cra'adug & Mangoor)

Fragment XLII: Krughor/Vorlog

GutZ31

287, taking forever now to increase my light level. Can't bother doing anymore strikes since it seems I only do Taniks, the brothers, and the undying mind. What happened to the quick stokes like Sepiks? Think I'm calling it quits till tonight if I have the urge to play still. Sucks, wanted to reach 290+ to run the raid today.

Stop killing yourself with boring strikes and get to the Court of Oryx.
Loot is real there.

Justinh

25 sword kills in the crucible....@!$(@!&)!,FUUUUUUUUCK. Why. WHY. why.

I hate it.

I know right? I was thinking about trying the crucible tonight, but I think I'll just fart around on the Dreadnaught instead.

Am I mistaken that there is another way though? There seems to be two ways of getting it listed here, but I"m not sure.

Court of Oryx.
Loot is real there.

That place is pretty awesome and there always seems to be guys hanging around willing to jump in.
That is until you use your purple rune and everyone bones out...
Nice place you guys got here.

haven't seen devils lair, summoning pits, nexus, winters run, onmigul at all

im guessing they weren't added to play list cause they didn't add anything new to them ? i.e. taken

Blablurn

A large amount of people have new and old routers that have security settings that do not allow for voice, and party abilities that Destiny, and other new games provide.
I strongly suggest opening ports for your PS4 in your router to allow for as little interference as possible.

http://portforward.com/

http://portforward.com/help/destiny/

The other option is to DMZ your PS4 to make it completely insecure security wise, but easy to connect to services.
DMZ is only suggested if you know the risks, but it is also the easier way of doing this.

thanks for the answer m8! will look into it

This game is weird. It doesn't want to give me boots higher than 285. I guess it's telling me to grind some more.

I know that feeling I'm one light away from 294 but can't get boots past 287 on my hunter and 285 for my warlock. Raid boots would boost me to 296+

So..... Suros Regime year 2/Hawkmoon Year 2 or Red death year 2

Which should I get?

Suros, it would be the best primary in the game if it wasn't for the Zhalo Superhype

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Looking to raid kings fall from the beginning. If you're a veteran and want to help out that'd be appreciated. Please be at least light level 290 if at all possible.

We'll start around 7-8pm central today.

1. ShadowKayos
2. Friend.

noomi

Last part of the exotic sword quest done, thank the lord. That was super annoying to do....

Now onto fragment hunting.

The 25 kills with the sword in crucible is really not bad in hindsight. I never play crucible and it took me an hour and a half to get the 25 kills, but you don't even need ammo to use it. Anyone remember the Invective exotic quest? It was way, way worse.

Just run around like an idiot (don't worry about heavy ammo unless you can get it conveniently) and every once in awhile you end up sneaking up on someone not paying attention and clobber them to death with the hilt.

It helps a ton to get certain maps. The big open maps are terrible for it but the close quarters maps you can get 4-6 kills in a match even if you're bad.

Kyoufu

Does anyone know if I can get the Calcified Fragments from other people's tier 2 runes or do I need to charge and activate my own runes?

yesterday i was all "woo more quests" but today all of a sudden for some reason i have absolutely no motivation to do anymore grinding in this game.

these calcified fragments especially. running around reading gudies for all these already discovered secrets makes the dreadnaught less of a "loot filled fortress" and more of a tedious room with a million keys and locked doors.

SpecX

Stop killing yourself with boring strikes and get to the Court of Oryx.
Loot is real there.
Forgot all about the court and finally got the quest this morning too. Maybe I'll run it tonight to see if it pushes me over the top. Almost finished the taken war quests and just have the Mara moon one to complete.

Top Bottom