• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd kinda feel bad still setting out to raid tonight without LT, and i'm still at 286 myself. do you guys (nilla, Wallach, PuMa, colonel, LT) wanna go tomorrow night instead? would that work for everybody?

I'd be down for lots of Court of Oryx and/or Crucible tonight if anyone is in for that instead...

Shito

why, are they douches? i don't really keep up with all the popular destiny players but i was watching that stream when they beat it.
Nah, I suppose it's just that they are really known players, but not extraordinary good players.
I can't stand broman, but goth is quite cool. Really hard to watch those big streams with all the notifications and sounds happening every second or so, though...

Wallach

I'd kinda feel bad still setting out to raid tonight without LT, and i'm still at 286 myself. do you guys (nilla, Wallach, PuMa, colonel, LT) wanna go tomorrow night instead? would that work for everybody?

I don't really mind, no. I am kind of a zombie today already anyway so I could stand to sleep earlier. Same time?

Edit - I would also be down for a bit of CoO, have a few T2 runes and 6 T1 runes to add to the pile.

MrDaravon

Does anyone know if the DOT from Incendiary Knife counts as knife kills in Crucible for the Gunslinger questline? I'm getting absolutely fucking nowhere with this. Also in all of the matches I've played with randoms in Rift we haven't won a single game lol. All of these PvP quests are so dumb in that half of the people in any given match aren't playing to win/properly. Can't believe Bungie still hasn't learned anything from this shit going back all the way to Halo Reach daily bounties. Encourages such bad behavior.

why, are they douches? i don't really keep up with all the popular destiny players but i was watching that stream when they beat it.

I don't think they are too bad, as far as streaming personalities go. I'm actually kind of curious why they made that comment as well. They have been leading (or near leading) the way in terms of quick Destiny progress basically since launch.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got a billion runes but don't know what to do with them.

UDqfjAA.png

Think I'm going to do both dailies first and get those out of the way.

LTWood12

I'd be down for lots of Court of Oryx and/or Crucible tonight if anyone is in for that instead...

Don't feel bad dude. Seriously. My life is just kind of like this right now w/ baby. Yall should go ahead if I can't. That said you done dailies yet?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't really mind, no. I am kind of a zombie today already anyway so I could stand to sleep earlier. Same time?

Same time would be great for me, or up to an hour earlier

Let's say 9 eastern to see if everyone is on board for tomorrow.. (tyoosday)

1) PuMa
2) rodiard
3) ColonelOCorn
4) LTWood12
5) Wallach
6) me myself hawk person

Yesses? Nos?

So right now Dead Orbit is selling the Hung Jury scout rifle with Triple Tap and Firefly. I have enough marks, but I can't buy it without being pledged to them.

I think I can change my allegiance tomorrow after the reset, but will the perks on the gun change on the reset as well?

Really need to know!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't feel bad dude. Seriously. My life is just kind of like this right now w/ baby. Yall should go ahead if I can't. That said you done dailies yet?
Totally understood dude. No worries. :) I wouldn't mind putting some more effort into my character tonight and standing a better chance, either. Plus Wallach wants sleep :D

I'm happy to join you for Dailies and then CoO? Unless people wanna join you that actually need them, I did do 'em already

purg3

slept with Malkin
Nah, I suppose it's just that they are really known players, but not extraordinary good players.
I can't stand broman, but goth is quite cool. Really hard to watch those big streams with all the notifications and sounds happening every second or so, though...

I've been watching Goth stream for a long time now, and I think he's a pretty entertaining dude. It's cool to see his channel blow up since he started with Borderlands. Broman can be a bit...excessive, but his brother's stream (teawrex) is also real chill. But yeah, I was super surprised the pulled off world's first lol.

LTWood12

1) PuMa
2) rodiard
3) ColonelOCorn
4) LTWood12
5) Wallach
6) me myself hawk person

Yesses? Nos?

Maybe :)

Starting the archive daily.

BraXzy

I'd recommend maybe doing the first section to get the first chest so you have an extra pop at it before reset if you can.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So right now Dead Orbit is selling the Hung Jury scout rifle with Triple Tap and Firefly. I have enough marks, but I can't buy it without being pledged to them.

I think I can change my allegiance tomorrow after the reset, but will the perks on the gun change on the reset as well?

Really need to know!
whoa whoa whoa, the gun I want is gonna be gone at reset?

after playing though the entire story of the taken king i can say it is much improved over the normal single player. The dialogue made sense and you actually gave a damn about what was going on

Does anyone know if the DOT from Incendiary Knife counts as knife kills in Crucible for the Gunslinger questline? I'm getting absolutely fucking nowhere with this. Also in all of the matches I've played with randoms in Rift we haven't won a single game lol. All of these PvP quests are so dumb in that half of the people in any given match aren't playing to win/properly. Can't believe Bungie still hasn't learned anything from this shit going back all the way to Halo Reach daily bounties. Encourages such bad behavior.

it doesn't count

phen0m24

1) PuMa
2) rodiard
3) ColonelOCorn
4) LTWood12
5) Wallach
6) me myself hawk person

Yesses? Nos?

Would be down to go tomorrow night but want to check it out before reset too..

MrDaravon

it doesn't count

For fucks sake seriously? Goddamn this is dumb. I'm gonna have to wait until I can get a full GAF train rolling in Rift, I can't carry a single goddamn team of randoms to victory, so I am still at literally 0 Rift wins for that questline. Also getting really fucking sick of Stormcallers and Fire Hammers running around with goddamn armor while Golden Gun still gets no armor. Warlocks/Titans are near fucking invincible running around with that shit, meanwhile with Golden Gun out I just literally got killed by a SINGLE machine gun shot to the head.

Edit: Just shotgunned a hammer titan point blank TWICE and he doesn't die. So incredibly fucking dumb. I wish more than anything that Bungie would completely separate the PvE and PvP in this game so they could properly balance them separately.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
LT can you set your fireteam to public?

My in-game friends list is absolutely useless...
This is what I'm asking!!

Surely at this point a year later we know whether or not vendors change their guns every week?
this is the first reset since TTK. their inventories used to be permanent I can tell you that.

Shito

I've been watching Goth stream for a long time now, and I think he's a pretty entertaining dude. It's cool to see his channel blow up since he started with Borderlands. Broman can be a bit...excessive, but his brother's stream (teawrex) is also real chill. But yeah, I was super surprised the pulled off world's first lol.
Goth won me over when he did that HoW reveal steam with deej and co.
He had a really nice attitude I found, polite but not hesitant to ask questions Bungie would not necessarily enjoy.

ZOONAMI

What the hell is with not being able to put in my armsday orders? Can I put in an order and get a gun at the same time on Wednesday? Did I lose 2 guns because I didn't order before some reset no one seems to know about?

MrDaravon

At G
olgoroth
& need 3 more.

I'm down if you're on PS4, playing a Hunter that's 290-292 depending on what I have equipped. I've had the mechanics of that fight explained to me but haven't done it (I had to leave when our group got to that point). Also don't know anything about what's past that. If that's all cool hit me up. PSN: MrDaravon

Shito

What the hell is with not being able to put in my armsday orders? Can I put in an order and get a gun at the same time on Wednesday? Did I lose 2 guns because I didn't order before some reset no one seems to know about?
You did.
Also lost an order because of that.
Apparently the limit is when Xur leaves...

i think you can only put in orders through sunday

Top Bottom